Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244827 times)

2016-03-24, 13:14:14
Reply #1065

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if posting this here is a good idea. Keep in mind that you could get someone else (the company running this forum) in trouble for displaying something that's not released publicly.

2016-03-24, 13:18:26
Reply #1066

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I'm not sure if posting this here is a good idea. Keep in mind that you could get someone else (the company running this forum) in trouble for displaying something that's not released publicly.

Sure, but they won't because it has been released publicly.   there are no hacks or tricks involved, it's a direct link straight to autodesks servers just like when you download the 2015 or 2016 trial versions now.. no different, other than the path points to 2017. 

2016-03-24, 14:10:30
Reply #1067

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yes, but those links have not been officially published anywhere.

2016-03-24, 14:46:05
Reply #1068

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Yes, but those links have not been officially published anywhere.

It's the internet.. if you upload it, it's public. You know that too.

All I wanted to know was if there was a chance to test a daily build of Corona that works with 2017, I use corona as my daily renderer, so naturally I'd love to have access to it in the latest "greatest" (oh please oh please autodesk, be great).

Anyway, Autodesk does have official links to 2017 stuff.

http://www.autodesk.com.au/products/autocad/free-trial   Autocad 2017 trial for instance. 

2016-03-24, 14:58:26
Reply #1069

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No one panics here. It's just that you expose someone else to potential trouble. The reasoning would be that you've 'manipulated' an URL to get software that's not announced publicly yet. It's all fine if you do this for yourself, but I think it's not a good idea to use someone else's webspace to do this. If you have a personal website, go ahead and post it there.

2016-03-24, 15:23:13
Reply #1070

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
So.. are you implying that if we don't have access to the AD beta forums, we can't get it?  Or would it also be possible to have that build available on the normal daily build dropbox or similar?

thanks!

I am not sure if posting the build outside of the beta forum would violate the NDA. But that is not an issue, since nobody outside of the betatest has access to the beta build of max anyway, right? ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-25, 01:21:04
Reply #1071

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
So.. are you implying that if we don't have access to the AD beta forums, we can't get it?  Or would it also be possible to have that build available on the normal daily build dropbox or similar?

thanks!

I am not sure if posting the build outside of the beta forum would violate the NDA. But that is not an issue, since nobody outside of the betatest has access to the beta build of max anyway, right? ;)

I give up.. Read up, everyone has access to the full max2017 if they want to, not beta. Beta forums are used still because AD hasn't opened up for the official 17 forum yet as its part of their late March / April announcement..  They doesn't mean they people don't have access to it, legit! Stop assuming they everyone that understands how to download a file from an AD server is doing serious illegal pirating. But it doesn't seem like you want to share it outside of the beta forum so what ever.

2016-03-25, 01:35:11
Reply #1072

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't wait for the 4 page PDF of new features in 2017, with 2 things on each page... Being a bit sarcastic, but that's more or less what we had with 2016. It was a fairly pathetic release in terms of new features, and 2016 managed to break a lot of stuff from 2014/15 and took three SPs to be fixed...

For me, proper UHD support is my no.1 thing. But 2016 is pretty solid for us here now. It will take quite a lot to get us to upgrade this year. We'll probably sit on 2016 and upgrade to 2017 once it's at SP2/3.

also all plugins need to be redone for 2017, so not in a hurry to upgrade, also the new features are less than you think. not even 1 on each page. I had a go with the trial and I couldn't find any new features other than new icons which look nice. I am waiting for Autodesk to post new features video. I am expecting it to be apologetic and/or claiming tons of changes under the hood.

2016-03-25, 10:08:55
Reply #1073

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Those new icons and UI is 4k-ready ? I can't find anything on this release.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-25, 13:35:42
Reply #1074

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Those new icons and UI is 4k-ready ? I can't find anything on this release.
At least they know it and actively did something based on a user request in April 2015
"Supporters, We are looking for volunteers and contributors for this research. Please email me directly if interested."

http://3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com/forums/80695-general-feature-requests/suggestions/7502503-rebuilt-3dsmax-interface-to-scale-it-properly-to-u

Also googled for a feature list...
...it did not end well.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-03-25, 14:16:49
Reply #1075

fire3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hm i don't know this for sure, from your perspective of view (you as a plugin developer) you should be able to develope and test with beta testerns your plugin on new builds
from the Main Software, but to be sure it's better to ask in the AD Forum :)

Happy Eastern to all

2016-03-25, 15:36:04
Reply #1076

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
from the Main Software, but to be sure it's better to ask in the AD Forum :)

I did exactly that. Multiple times. They never bothered to answer.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-25, 23:10:44
Reply #1077

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In last Daily Build from 25/03/2016 slaves failed the render passes after each 3 passes in DR render mode///
This problem only for me or someone else discovered this problem???
except in this in Rendering window of 3dmax and Corona VFB obtained a completely different values of passes,
in VFB whole summary Passes and in rendering  3dmax dialog window counting at all passes stops in some positions///
All this happens while using DR mode//
Of course on all slaves same Daily Build installed correctly///
« Last Edit: 2016-03-26, 12:24:55 by denisgo22 »

2016-03-26, 16:56:32
Reply #1078

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
May be it is bacause you have sample error limit on? i have noticed that on both images it is 1%
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-26, 17:07:39
Reply #1079

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Is it me or does the denoiser in latest daily really does a better job on objects which are behind glossy transparent ones ?