Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244984 times)

2016-05-23, 07:56:39
Reply #1485

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now i am experiencing Crash after some time doing interactive renders, or just low res renders.I am using HighRES HDR sequences as Enviroment... My machine is 32Gb ram...

This sounds exactly like the problem I had. Same thing, using HDRI for environment and it started crashing or hanging Max. 32GB of RAM, only 70% used. Reported it, sent mini dump, but it showed that I ran out of memory and devs couldn't reproduce the bug, so there was nothing to do.

2016-05-23, 16:04:27
Reply #1486

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
hmm. I was working on a project on 1.3... Switched to 1.4, found it very good and seems faster (Parsing, etc). The scene is about 1.3Gb... Some big planes with turbosmooth and Displacament (modifier)... Now i am experiencing Crash after some time doing interactive renders, or just low res renders.

See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-23, 19:22:25
Reply #1487

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I am still getting memory problems. It´s really weird... Windows 10 (I forgot to mention).

I can render the scene one time. I can have my browser opened, with a bunch of tabs, i can have mail opened it always render the first time. So, i change something, and try to render again, even shutting down everything but max, and max not using all RAM, (Max render windows shows like 11Gb used and windows showing 60-70% and i got a windos message about LOW MEMORY and "Max Application / Close Program"
    The "fun fact" is... Corona Keeps rendering sometimes it even finishes the frame i need. But if i click on that Window message to cancel, i got a desktop crash...
     Maybe is the scene, maybe is Max 2016 bug... It´s weird. Never had this kind of error. Even on projects with much more geo... I Never used such high res HDRI (9k width)... I know that this post means nothing without the dumps... ;( But it´s just to see if anyone is getting something similar using 1.4...

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2016-05-23, 20:54:54
Reply #1488

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Are you using vrayhdri map or coronabitmap for loading those hdris ? if I remember correctly there's some instability when using vrayhdri + corona interactive rendering, if you are using one of those maybe try switching to the other one ?

2016-05-26, 00:15:18
Reply #1489

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
   No. I am not using Vrayhdri (good to know)... But i am not using coronaBitmap too... Should i do it?

One thing that i´ve notices i am having aparently Less Crashes if i use LESS the interactive mode ? Maybe something is leaving trash on Ram ? 

Are you using vrayhdri map or coronabitmap for loading those hdris ? if I remember correctly there's some instability when using vrayhdri + corona interactive rendering, if you are using one of those maybe try switching to the other one ?

2016-05-26, 01:27:15
Reply #1490

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you have SP3 for max2016 installed? If not, then try installing it.

2016-05-26, 01:54:19
Reply #1491

serch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am still getting memory problems. It´s really weird... Windows 10 (I forgot to mention).

I can render the scene one time. I can have my browser opened, with a bunch of tabs, i can have mail opened it always render the first time. So, i change something, and try to render again, even shutting down everything but max, and max not using all RAM, (Max render windows shows like 11Gb used and windows showing 60-70% and i got a windos message about LOW MEMORY and "Max Application / Close Program"
    The "fun fact" is... Corona Keeps rendering sometimes it even finishes the frame i need. But if i click on that Window message to cancel, i got a desktop crash...
     Maybe is the scene, maybe is Max 2016 bug... It´s weird. Never had this kind of error. Even on projects with much more geo... I Never used such high res HDRI (9k width)... I know that this post means nothing without the dumps... ;( But it´s just to see if anyone is getting something similar using 1.4...

I'm having a similar problem, I actually open a thread about it.
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12086.0.html

2016-05-31, 00:46:47
Reply #1492

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So it's three of us with Corona crashing when it hits 70% RAM?
I'll do a mem test tomorrow and report the results.

2016-05-31, 19:15:27
Reply #1493

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Memtest86 says everything is OK, and Mental ray is happy to go over 30GB without errors.
So, for now, until others submit their problematic scenes and minidumps I'll just have to wait and be careful not to go over 70% of RAM.
But it looks like this is something scene related. I have this problem with scatter and with displacement in one scene, where it crashes when it gets to cca 70%, but in another scene it looks like it would continue to do displacement calculations if I had more memory, crashes somewhere around 25 - 26 gigs and it looks like that next spike in memory consumption would go over my 32GB. So, not really sure how to report this.

2016-05-31, 19:43:05
Reply #1494

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we will launch reorganized displacement this week, it will be interesting to see if something changes...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-03, 03:47:18
Reply #1495

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

I´ve made 3 buttons on my tool bar to do :

gc()
  FreebitmapMen
   FreeUndos

I keed pressing them all the time to keeps my Max up while shading that scene. The job is over and the problema seems to be minimized with those commands...And i am not leaving Nothing in RAM, removing everything but Max... That´s not cool way to work, but it sort of worked. The crashes seems to happen less often... But i never experience problems like that with corona before. I hope it´s my a problem with my scene or a real memory bug...

Memtest86 says everything is OK, and Mental ray is happy to go over 30GB without errors.
So, for now, until others submit their problematic scenes and minidumps I'll just have to wait and be careful not to go over 70% of RAM.
But it looks like this is something scene related. I have this problem with scatter and with displacement in one scene, where it crashes when it gets to cca 70%, but in another scene it looks like it would continue to do displacement calculations if I had more memory, crashes somewhere around 25 - 26 gigs and it looks like that next spike in memory consumption would go over my 32GB. So, not really sure how to report this.

2016-06-14, 15:43:57
Reply #1496

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Just to feedback about that "Memory problem". Using 1.4 here (I saw a Ondra ChangeLog saying that Memory Problems on Scenes with lots of objets are adressed on 1.5...But i can´t use it yet, because this scene will be rendered on RebusFarm...)

I had this memory problem on a projetct last month, and thought it could be a Scene problem... But now i am working on another project, and experiencing the same "memory low" problems... I can only use max alone running, if i open any other program i had a message and a crash (Many times windows just show the low mem message and freeze forever while rendering).
     I am using Corona for more than 4 years on the same machine, and never had memory issues...

I really hope this is issue adressed by Ondra on 1.5 Daily builds. I will test it asap. :)

2016-09-07, 09:32:51
Reply #1497

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi there,

with build 18/04 backburner hangs on 8K renders during denoising -> bad allocation.
Reported it on Mantis as 0001767

it is possible this is just RAM exhaustion? Denoising requires quite lot of it....

Ondra we're having this too, on 1.4. Plenty of RAM available during rendering - during denoising phase max is usually only using up around 30-40GB or so of available 64 or 128 for the scene, so I don't think it's lack of RAM. The WTF window pops up and the system just sits there doing nothing until we spot it in the morning... losing huge productivity here :/

And this is at 6144x6144 by the way, not even 8k.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-09-07, 15:57:44
Reply #1498

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi there,

with build 18/04 backburner hangs on 8K renders during denoising -> bad allocation.

it is possible this is just RAM exhaustion? Denoising requires quite lot of it....

Ondra we're having this too, on 1.4. Plenty of RAM available during rendering - during denoising phase max is usually only using up around 30-40GB or so of available 64 or 128 for the scene, so I don't think it's lack of RAM. The WTF window pops up and the system just sits there doing nothing until we spot it in the morning... losing huge productivity here :/

Hi Alex, have you reported this? A minidump would probably be useful.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-07, 16:03:34
Reply #1499

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi there,

Hi Alex, have you reported this? A minidump would probably be useful.

I've not, no, not really got much time to debug. I think it's a ram thing. Massive scene with many, many coronaproxies exploding ram usage. Quicker for us to try to further crunch it all down and get ram usage down.

I don't think there's anything to "fix" here exactly, but it would be really good if Corona could automatically do an EXR dump (tonemapped too!) whenever this error/window appears, so it can at least generate a usable file and then quit out. Currently the node justs sits there doing nothing at all until user intervention. Backburner has no idea there's a problem.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com