Author Topic: Distributed Rendering - brighness problems  (Read 9600 times)

2014-12-08, 12:03:39

kopengo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

i have some problems with the brightness when rendering in distribution mode.
While rendering i get stirpes, some parts are brighter and some parts a darker than
others. (see attached file) I checked the LUT/gamma settings in Max on all slaves, it is set to 2.2 on all
machines. What could the problem be? How can i solve this?
Thanks and best regards!
kopengo

2015-03-26, 12:59:46
Reply #1

smereces

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the same problems when I´m using distribute render!!, any Help here will be appreciated?

2015-03-26, 13:50:35
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, I really don't want this to sound bad but there are many reports of similar issues and different users needed different fixes and we haven't come up with any "ultimate" solution yet.

First thing: which Corona version are you using? Did you try with newest daily build and newest DrServer.exe?

DR troubleshooting - Please try following this guide:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666

Especially:
2. Rendered objects are white, semi-transparent, or invisible or textures are missing
and
3. I can see dark / bright stripes in my rendering

This part:
If for some reason distributed rendering does not work as expected, it is advised to check the images generated by each render node. To do so:
may be useful to determine whether this is a gamma, texture loading, or other problem.

There is also this thread:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7427.15.html
Some of the most recent fixes suggest using "\\networkname\folder name\file name" texture paths instead of "X:\..." and checking the gamma that 3ds max uses.

If you don't find this helpful, please submit a support ticket here, we will investigate the problems:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-03-27, 00:40:41
Reply #3

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
At some point I had similar issue, but I think in my case it was the different transfer speeds between the nodes, the end result was clean but during progress render I saw different brightness.

2015-03-27, 09:20:16
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Oh. I looked at the image wrong. I thought the issue is this big white area. Yes, it's also worth checking if the difference doesn't go away after some time. :)

2015-04-17, 17:43:27
Reply #5

rendertime

Im getting the same in my renders, im new to Corona after many years with Vray, i must say i love Corona BUT this DR darkness issue is Driving me crazy.
Rendering locally all is fine correct brightness, but render with 10 Render nodes the images becomes very very dark and sometime with lines!

There isnt a Gamma issue as these are new installs of just render slaves and the Gamma setting come from the machine that sends the job surely,

Please fix this issue as i can see the potential and want to roll it out in my studio but cant with this issue at present..

Natty

2015-04-17, 17:49:06
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you by any chance using vray/other renderer camera? Or any 3rd party plugins for textures/objects?

2015-04-17, 18:09:41
Reply #7

pandalay

• Users
    • View Profile
It's a textures network path related problem. Some of your dr nodes cant get acces to textures and render black, resulting in darker lines in your render. Resolve path to UNC location in 3dsmax asset tracking menu does the trick for me.

2015-04-17, 18:27:55
Reply #8

rendertime

Hi Maru,

no just standard Camera and Paths are UNC Mapped.
do i have to put the camera Mod on top of the camera ?

2015-04-17, 18:37:48
Reply #9

rendertime

HI
I refreshed the machines and seems to be fine now, perhaps it was a network issue, thanks for your time guys!

Natty

2015-04-17, 19:12:32
Reply #10

rendertime

Saying that is it normal for every pass from a slave to get darker as it add the new info? as this doesn't happen locally?

2015-04-19, 01:29:01
Reply #11

fire3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
check Gamma setting's on every node, also try this option:

« Last Edit: 2015-04-19, 01:32:50 by fire3d »

2015-04-19, 03:11:45
Reply #12

rendertime

Thanks but i don't understand this gamma thing, if i send a job then it will take on the sent Gamma settings, thanks for the debug tip ....  will try it ..

2015-04-19, 11:19:02
Reply #13

soulkoder

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
I also have the same problem.

As soon as I start to receive update from the slaves, the maps become brighter !

Before :

After :

As you can see, the shark blue becomes washed out ...

I tried all combinations, using relative paths and the other tips too.

my entire project and its maps are in a shared folder which can be accessed by all the slaves

on the local network.

2015-04-19, 12:37:53
Reply #14

soulkoder

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
These results are based on Corona latest official release : 1.00.02

After few hours of testing, I noticed that Dr server uses a string to start the 3dsmax process.

1 - a part of that string is "-gammaCorrection:1", this always gave me trouble so I did this little test and

patched the "DrServer.exe" file using a hex editor and changed the static string to ""-gammaCorrection:0"

like this :

2 - I also copied all the used maps to the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona\DrServer\drData\"

this is where Corona copies the scene.

these 2 steps solved the problem !

I'm just confused why 3dsmax couldn't locate the maps even when I placed them in a shared folder, the

first bug makes sense because it was forcing max to use gamma correction.