Author Topic: Corona compatibility with Chaos Cloud  (Read 902 times)

2023-01-09, 18:25:36

_madmanzeus

• Users
    • View Profile
I use both Corona and Vray and definitely prefer Corona. The added advantage that chaos cloud provides Vray makes me have to resort to Vray for high volume jobs. It would be great to integrate Corona into Chaos Cloud as well.

2023-01-09, 18:49:34
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2024-03-18, 15:53:37
Reply #2

Billabong

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Work Portfolio
I was just curious as to why this topic was archived on the roadmap? So to bring it up, but I'm under the assumption the Chaos Cloud still does not work with Corona. Correct?

2024-03-18, 17:46:46
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There will be no support for Chaos Cloud Rendering (hence the archiving). There will be support for Chaos Cloud Collaboration, though - we have yet to see if that can be considered for 12 or not, depending on the progress of the work on the VFB.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-03-19, 01:54:29
Reply #4

Billabong

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Work Portfolio
Thanks for letting me know Tom

2024-04-05, 17:17:41
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There will be no support for Chaos Cloud Rendering (hence the archiving). There will be support for Chaos Cloud Collaboration, though - we have yet to see if that can be considered for 12 or not, depending on the progress of the work on the VFB.

That is very disappointing! Ive been waiting for the day i can have a reliable solution for render farming built directly into corona.
If anyone has any recommendations for alternative solutions id love to hear some that have transparent and easy to understand pricing structures.

2024-04-05, 18:00:48
Reply #6

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There will be no support for Chaos Cloud Rendering

Hi Tom,

Why not? If I may ask.

2024-04-05, 18:18:20
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
At present, any implementation we could do would be quite limited - for example, animation would not be supported (but that's exactly when you might want cloud/network/farm rendering). This means it would be quite a bit of development time, for something not very useful to you as a user. We'll see how that changes in the future, but that's where things are for now. Hope that helps clarify the situation!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-04-05, 18:22:17
Reply #8

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
At present, any implementation we could do would be quite limited - for example, animation would not be supported (but that's exactly when you might want cloud/network/farm rendering). This means it would be quite a bit of development time, for something not very useful to you as a user. We'll see how that changes in the future, but that's where things are for now. Hope that helps clarify the situation!

It does. Thank you.