Author Topic: MOSCOW METRO concept  (Read 1938 times)

2019-10-21, 18:37:43

Chanyshev Architect

• Users
    • View Profile
METRO STATION
All made in @coronarenderer
Architecture as a contrast in materials and forms;

Conceptual design for metro station in Moscow.
The main idea was about the 4 principles:

1. FORM. I was looking for a form in a combination of static solid concrete and dynamic forms of sculpture and their combination in space;
2. SPACE. What space is the most convenient for a person? I could not answer this question for a very long time but still came to the conclusion that the most comfortable space for a person is one without narrow corridors and extra turns. One line of movement and a couple of branches. Here is the perfect space;
3. LIGHT AND MATERIALS. I believe that light and material are a single element of architecture and are directly proportional to each other. The contrast of rough concrete and light acrylic combined with cold lighting seemed very impressive to me. And so I found the ideal, in my opinion, a combination of material, color, and light;
4. Ordinary things as an art object. We are used to seeing subway maps on paper, it’s routine for us. But what if the incredibly beautiful lines of the Moscow metro map are used as an Art object and embossed in a concrete wall? I tried to do it and I really liked the result;
The small non-commercial project of the Metro Station became for me more than a concept; it completely conveyed my attitude to all elements of life and architecture in general;

Behance https://www.behance.net/chanyshevarchitect
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/chanyshevarchitect
« Last Edit: 2019-10-21, 18:56:11 by Chanyshev Architect »

2019-10-21, 21:59:11
Reply #1

leo3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Leo3D
I love it

2019-10-22, 06:46:11
Reply #2

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
great piece! only thing that annoys me is that the Moscow Metro map is sitting so close to the wall-beam concrete thing, and that is being clipped by it, while there looks to be plenty of space on its left side of just empty wall :)   would love if it was centered on that wall instead, but I'm being picky. The quality of the images is very good!

2019-10-22, 12:28:25
Reply #3

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool !

For Sure, Nick from GSG would love it, too. :)))

2019-10-22, 17:32:33
Reply #4

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Super artwork and renderings. I also MB peoples, seems the first renderings stairway could use a few 'slower ' peeps?
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2019-10-24, 00:31:07
Reply #5

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very cool project!!
maybe the motion-blurred people are a bit too extreme but they give dynamism to the image so I actually like them!