Author Topic: How to achieve a fluffy yarn?  (Read 1982 times)

2019-08-25, 16:31:40

AHigh20

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could please get any help. I need to create a strand of very fluffy yarn. I've created a wavy spline however, regardless of any material set-up/corona scatter I can't seem to achieve the desired effect. Do you have any ideas?

2019-08-25, 17:03:28
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I would try to make the big clump with textures and then add few splines/hairs to brake the surface. Similarly like i did with this material: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=2466.msg68014#msg68014
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-08-25, 18:28:55
Reply #2

AHigh20

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for the reply. That's the exact tutorial I came across in my searches and what I followed, however to no success. The yarn still looks fake and very flat. I'd stick with the Corona Scatter however it takes a lot of instances to achieve the effect which slows down the scene so much and rendering takes ages.

2019-08-26, 23:20:23
Reply #3

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you post the images of your experiments we may be able to give you some pointers.

2019-08-27, 04:58:19
Reply #4

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Thank you for the reply. That's the exact tutorial I came across in my searches and what I followed, however to no success. The yarn still looks fake and very flat. I'd stick with the Corona Scatter however it takes a lot of instances to achieve the effect which slows down the scene so much and rendering takes ages.

yeah if you start posing progress images and maybe one line explaining your approach, it will be much easier to give input and ideas on how to adjust or solve specific parts of it. Most things don't happen and look right on the first go, but it's hard for us to guess where you are up to :)