Author Topic: max freezes every single time corona IR stops  (Read 1520 times)

2019-01-17, 00:25:01

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
it's driving me up the wall in frustration.

I have a slightly heavy scene, but it's really nothing compared to typical production. no matter if I use in viewport IR or popup IR every time I stop it, max goes into full grey spin freeze BS for minutes before recovering. super annoying.

Corona 3 hotfix1 default rendering settings, no weird or crazy values anywhere. It just looks like the viewport refresh that happens after or is being forced after the IR stops just kills max. it's horrible, and I'm not sure if anyone else have noticed this?

I haven't had time to setup a small simple scene, but I suspect the problem not being noticeable when the scene / viewport refresh is already super quick.

anyway any ideas would be amazing because this is driving me mad.

2019-01-17, 14:28:43
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For more info, is denoising being used? And if so, the NVIDIA one or our High Quality one, and what GPU and image resolution if the NVIDIA one? EDIT well I guess just NVIDIA since you are talking about IR :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-18, 00:36:24
Reply #2

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I had it happen with both Nvidia on and off, but strangely enough the issue got less and less yesterday afternoon, nothing changed in the file, actually got more stuff in it, but compared to the last few days it isn't a "problem" right now.

I'm not sure, I was wondering if it could be network problems, with the material editor refreshing every time?

2019-01-18, 12:57:44
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Next time you get a freeze, please capture a minidump and send it to us (see point 2): https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
Are you sure that you are using Corona 3 HF1, and not some of the newest daily builds?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-01-21, 00:12:24
Reply #4

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Next time you get a freeze, please capture a minidump and send it to us (see point 2): https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
Are you sure that you are using Corona 3 HF1, and not some of the newest daily builds?

I will certainly try and remember to dig out the dump, I was in the middle of a hectic 2 day delivery so frustration clouded my problem solving thinking a bit.
Yes, running corona 3 hotfix 1, I haven't touched the dailies since 3 since it sounds like there is a bunch of stuff not quite working when reading the forums.

I will keep an eye out, thanks though everyone.