Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 132653 times)

2018-01-02, 00:10:13
Reply #105

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Javadevil, yes it did:

Best not to store a bookmark to the dropbox, since it can and does move. Best place to look for the link (I think) is here
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

Thanks Rom,

2018-01-03, 01:32:08
Reply #106

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Problem with IR/- as mentioned earlier....
IR constantly refreshing if mouse cursor not on the VFB and somewhere else on viewport////
After unhiding and selecting all object's in scene the problem is gone for some times////
If work with /render hidden/ option and some hidden objects in viewport---- -IR constantly refreshing if mouse cursor situated on viewport or somewhere else and not on VFB///
DB jan2 2018/max2017
It's happened in all scenes/

2018-01-03, 10:23:35
Reply #107

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, we will try to replicate this
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-01-03, 13:22:44
Reply #108

fire3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR constantly refreshing if mouse cursor not on the VFB and somewhere else on viewport////
After unhiding and selecting all object's in scene the problem is gone for some times////
If work with /render hidden/ option and some hidden objects in viewport---- -IR constantly refreshing if mouse cursor situated on viewport or somewhere else and not on VFB///
DB jan2 2018/max2017
It's happened in all scenes/

I tried that with a few Scenes, no probleme here with or without Hidden objects in the view or outer the view.
3ds Max 2018 with Corona 2.1.2018 here.

2018-01-03, 13:35:34
Reply #109

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile

just for information - this problem already exists in 1.7 - it does not happen often - so far only in a pretty big scene with lots trees, grass and so on.

2018-01-03, 13:43:48
Reply #110

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

just for information - this problem already exists in 1.7 - it does not happen often - so far only in a pretty big scene with lots trees, grass and so on.

There was recently a similar post, and the solution was to disable "Improve Quality Progressively" in Views > Viewport configuration. Can you try this?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-03, 13:53:05
Reply #111

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
There was recently a similar post, and the solution was to disable "Improve Quality Progressively" in Views > Viewport configuration. Can you try this?
It's always disabled for me, yet Jan 02 build has this constant IR refresh problem. Other builds worked well for me.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-01-03, 14:04:52
Reply #112

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
latest daily had a bug in proxy, we are pulling it back. New daily will fix it asap
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-01-03, 14:27:50
Reply #113

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile

i always have it disabled

2018-01-03, 14:29:27
Reply #114

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I did quick testing of shadowcatcher's compositing mode fix. It looks that finally it works! :]

2 minutes limited run:

solid mode: passes - 23, noise - 3,99
for compositing: passes - 29, noise - 8,87

DB 01-02
solid mode: passes - 19, noise - 1,72
for compositing: passes - 19, noise - 2,20

2018-01-03, 19:10:59
Reply #115

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I did quick testing of shadowcatcher's compositing mode fix. It looks that finally it works! :]

2 minutes limited run:

solid mode: passes - 23, noise - 3,99
for compositing: passes - 29, noise - 8,87

DB 01-02
solid mode: passes - 19, noise - 1,72
for compositing: passes - 19, noise - 2,20

Could you share the scene you used for these tests? I'm quite surprised that the noise level is so different even in solid mode.

2018-01-03, 19:53:20
Reply #116

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

based on my tests it's problem exist only in two last DB ---18 and 02////
In DB 14 always Ok--- even in heavy scenes, but in 18-02 this happened even in simple interior scene without proxy;s and Corona scatter///
Because of this, i return to DB 14 yet in second time:))
« Last Edit: 2018-01-03, 19:59:54 by denisgo22 »

2018-01-03, 20:03:48
Reply #117

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Could you share the scene you used for these tests? I'm quite surprised that the noise level is so different even in solid mode.

Sure, no problem. I was puzled by that difference too, but since visually noise level doesn't look that big in solid mode, between 1.7.2 and latest build, i thought that maybe it's just noise level readings that changed. Besides, there was some performance improvements in V2 changelogs and that might affect results as well. And of course, it might be that clueless user just messed something in his experiments :]

Anyway, if you will look at it and will find something interesting, please let us know.

1515005694_For-compositing-mode-B2018-01-02.7z

2018-01-04, 09:48:13
Reply #118

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Some shadowcatcher tests from me. Sorry for incorrect naming (I named the daily build "1.8").

1) The new one is generally less noisy, but if you look further away from the object shadows, you can see some extra noise.
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/09M7gX

2) (alpha) Shadows are less noisy in the new version, but noise further away is stronger:
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/mgGnvW

3) (alpha) Same thing. Quality is better in the shadows close to objects, but the samples are "stolen" from the further areas.
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/u59KBT

4) Similar situation as above
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/Wu3EHb
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-04, 11:39:30
Reply #119

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maru
i think it was fix for - Adaptivity working bad with dark surfaces