Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 166715 times)

2017-08-16, 11:52:50
Reply #315

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My bad, it works as it should then, just maid some tests with Vray (behavior i was used to) and it works exactly the same way, I misinterpreted the results. Anyway, Vray offer the choice on shader level, so it can be set on a per object basis, that's what makes the real difference imho.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-16, 12:09:50 by Fluss »

2017-08-16, 13:49:12
Reply #316

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
My bad, it works as it should then, just maid some tests with Vray (behavior i was used to) and it works exactly the same way, I misinterpreted the results. Anyway, Vray offer the choice on shader level, so it can be set on a per object basis, that's what makes the real difference imho.

So does corona, as you can see a few posts above, where I posted a screenshot. Only difference is that V-Ray defaults to equivalent of Corona's "always white" alpha setting, while Corona defaults to equivalent of V-Ray's Color+Alpha setting.

2017-08-16, 16:10:06
Reply #317

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
got an error trying to add a map on bump slot, it seems to assign that map to self illumination and if i move or copy it disappears.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-16, 16:16:11 by KOGODIS »

2017-08-16, 16:59:28
Reply #318

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile

So does corona, as you can see a few posts above, where I posted a screenshot. Only difference is that V-Ray defaults to equivalent of Corona's "always white" alpha setting, while Corona defaults to equivalent of V-Ray's Color+Alpha setting.

I need to be more sedulous... So it works as intended, on every aspects. Does it work with matte elements as well ?

2017-08-16, 20:19:54
Reply #319

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

I need to be more sedulous... So it works as intended, on every aspects. Does it work with matte elements as well ?

Unfortunately not yet. It's a feature that has been requested for at least 5 versions now...

2017-08-21, 15:13:53
Reply #320

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys - so is there a plan to have an official corona light lister?

2017-08-21, 15:38:17
Reply #321

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
hey guys - so is there a plan to have an official corona light lister?
yes, we will bundle the excimer's script with 1.7
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-08-22, 02:50:43
Reply #322

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks - i checked the link for that script on the forums and its dead - can it be found anywhere?

2017-08-22, 14:05:57
Reply #323

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks - i checked the link for that script on the forums and its dead - can it be found anywhere?

Only once bundled - the older versions are no longer available since the new version is planned to be bundled in the installer.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-08-22, 15:44:01
Reply #324

Alex Darby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visoo
I've notice there seems to be more noise generally within the renders.
I thought I read there should be less noise for the same time, or am I doing something wrong.

2017-08-22, 17:47:06
Reply #325

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this normal behavior, did i have to increase the passes when is sent as Distribute? latest built comparison between  16 machines vs single machine, the denoiser is active in goth at 35%, no missing maps, all textures and proxys are stored local on each server

2017-08-23, 15:25:50
Reply #326

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this normal behavior, did i have to increase the passes when is sent as Distribute? latest built comparison between  16 machines vs single machine, the denoiser is active in goth at 35%, no missing maps, all textures and proxys are stored local on each server

we are coming to the same conclusion.
I'm wondering if the local machine is using the new random sampler and the DR machines are still using the old one messing up the image
(I haven't tried out 1.7 but i'm having the same issue with 1.6 hotfix2)

2017-08-23, 15:29:57
Reply #327

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I'm wondering if the local machine is using the new random sampler and the DR machines are still using the old one messing up the image

This can definitely happen if you update master to 1.6.2 but leave the DR nodes with older version of Corona.

2017-08-23, 15:33:35
Reply #328

Luis.Goncalves

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This can definitely happen if you update master to 1.6.2 but leave the DR nodes with older version of Corona.

We have 1.6 Hotfix2 installed on all computers.

What i meant was, if it was possible to have a bug where the new sampler is being used in the local machine and somehow the DR servers try to run the old one (even though they have 1.6.2 installed)

2017-08-23, 16:10:47
Reply #329

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
all he machines are on the sema build, latest daily build, we made different tests with same results, complex or simple scenes.