General Category > [Archive] Corona Scatter 2.0

Scatter with collision detection

<< < (2/3) > >>

agentdark45:
I thought it might have been a bit of a long shot. What about letting the user add their own simple bounding object shape? I can sacrifice speed for a super dense and collision free scatter.

maumau3d:
I`ve been using the script ultimate painter, which I downloaded from the scriptspot website and it has helped me a lot. It is not actually a scatter, but it allows you to specify a distance in-between the objects, it also has a collision feature too but that one only crashes with me. I am just suggesting that maybe since collision seems to be a long shot for the corona scatter at the moment, maybe just a minimum distance feature/spinner could help some people)

borisquezadaa:
Have you seen this?
http://km-3d.com/freestuff/uncollider.ms

ITS FREEEEEEEE!!!!...

CiroC:
Keep the great work ChrisJ.

I look forward to explore the new scatter options. :)

antanas:

--- Quote from: agentdark45 on 2014-11-12, 17:57:26 ---I thought it might have been a bit of a long shot. What about letting the user add their own simple bounding object shape? I can sacrifice speed for a super dense and collision free scatter.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking of exactly same type of thing + maybe selection between - custom, user made extremely low poly shape resembling original object (tree, grass, bushes, cars, whatever)  - box - cylinder - and maybe even sphere bounding shapes + the ability to set scaling of those + maybe some random scaling of those shapes would be good too, but I guess it will be really slow to calculate even if it would be quite useful in some cases.

Probably the most realistic thing to expect would be the ability to select between box and cylinder shapes and the ability to set scaling of those to semi-manually control overlapping like every other scatterers do + as I wrote before the ability to set some random scaling of those bounding shapes to randomize overlapping a bit would be quite welcome too :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version