Author Topic: Anyone else suddenly seeing Fault Tolerant Heap issues?  (Read 6467 times)

2021-10-05, 11:57:13
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I tried to render previews of some assets in Connecter, but everytime i tried, it just crashed 3ds Max. After several attempts i gave up and soon after that i got my first FTH warning from Corona. Still didn't manage to remedy it :[
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-10-05, 12:07:14
Reply #16

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hmm. Yes that's interesting. Who knows though - might just be cross-related issues. I wonder if 2022.0 or 2022.1 or 2022.2 is the issue itself. We increased the maxscript warning limit value thing and added 3dsmax.exe to the FTH exclusion list, but that might just be masking the issue(s) rather than fixing it.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-10-05, 14:11:45
Reply #17

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tried to render previews of some assets in Connecter, but everytime i tried, it just crashed 3ds Max. After several attempts i gave up and soon after that i got my first FTH warning from Corona. Still didn't manage to remedy it :[
I had a similar situation - without Connecter involved - where 2 or 3 subsequent crashes caused FTH to kick in the next time I tried to render. It might be that Windows enables it when an app crashes 'too often'. I don't remember why the crashes occurred in the first place, but I'm not using any of the plugins and tools mentioned here.

2022-02-10, 12:21:00
Reply #18

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hmm. Yes that's interesting. Who knows though - might just be cross-related issues. I wonder if 2022.0 or 2022.1 or 2022.2 is the issue itself. We increased the maxscript warning limit value thing and added 3dsmax.exe to the FTH exclusion list, but that might just be masking the issue(s) rather than fixing it.

Alex, did you manage to fix this in a more or less permanent way? We are having similar issues with max 2020 on one of our workstations even after trying the FTH thing Maru links to (connecter is used, but not pulze).
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2022-02-10, 12:24:26
Reply #19

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

Alex, did you manage to fix this in a more or less permanent way? We are having similar issues with max 2020 on one of our workstations even after trying the FTH thing Maru links to (connecter is used, but not pulze).

This issue for us seemed to be entirely down to that old version of Pulze, which is now fixed. Don't think we've come across it since.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com