Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

dual CPU issues?

<< < (2/7) > >>

doillo:
Hi again,

More or less same results with new fresh win10 installed... Seeking into the c4d forum, where someone said textures is making this issue I made this test:
Main computer (where render was launched) is the single CPU one, and the DR computer is the dual CPU one.

I made a simple scene: Teapot in a room with material/textures.

Render time: 16 minutes and 36 seconds
Single cpu computer made 95 passes
Dual cpu computer made 121 passes
Almost same performnace: dual cpu computer made only ~1.3 times more passes than single cpu computer

Same scene, but overwriting material. No maps, no textures, only simple white coronamaterial.

Render time: 3 minutes and 11 seconds
Single cpu computer made 49passes
Dual cpu computer made 159 passes
Expected difference in performance: dual cpu computer made ~3 times more passes than single cpu computer

I will make more test, but something is wrong at corona handling textures with dual CPU system...

maru:
Can you share your example scene?

It looks like your Corona Benchmark results are correct.

So the issue might be in:
- newer Corona versions
- 3ds Max
- specific scene
- plugins

doillo:

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---Can you share your example scene?

--- End quote ---
Sure, tell me an e-mail and I will send to you

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---It looks like your Corona Benchmark results are correct.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the coronabenchmark 1.3 or the test I did?

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---- newer Corona versions

--- End quote ---
Yes, I am going to try with the new corona 7 version, lets see...

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---- 3ds Max

--- End quote ---
I can try others max version... Its a pain, but I can try.

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---- specific scene

--- End quote ---
Yes, I will make more test with others scenes.

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---- plugins

--- End quote ---
I have only max and corona installed... So I don't think is any plugin doing something.

For me would be interesting if others dual CPU system users can make some test... but I know it going to be difficult.

maru:

--- Quote from: doillo on 2021-08-03, 16:10:22 ---
--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---Can you share your example scene?

--- End quote ---
Sure, tell me an e-mail and I will send to you

--- End quote ---
The uploader is in my signature, here is the link: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
After the upload, please let me know what was your file name and which upload method you used.

--- Quote ---
--- Quote from: maru on 2021-08-03, 15:02:12 ---It looks like your Corona Benchmark results are correct.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the coronabenchmark 1.3 or the test I did?

--- End quote ---
I meant the Corona 1.3 benchmark (this: https://corona-renderer.com/benchmark ).

--- Quote ---For me would be interesting if others dual CPU system users can make some test... but I know it going to be difficult.

--- End quote ---
We have some dual CPU systems in the office, we can do some testing too.

doillo:

--- Quote ---The uploader is in my signature, here is the link: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
After the upload, please let me know what was your file name and which upload method you used.
--- End quote ---
Hi again, I sent the archive scene (corona_test_01.zip)

Just to be clear, is not about DR. I just mention DR cos is an easy way to compare 2 computers.

I made another test with the same scene (resolution: 1280x720p ; noise threshold 1.5%). Rendering only with each computer in local and I have this results:

Single cpu computer (e5-2678v3)
   OverWrited with white material(without textures):

* render time: 11 min and 57 secs
* rays/s total: 8.33M  Original with textures at materials

* render time: 35 min and 01 secs
* rays/s total: 6.60MWe drop to 0.79 times in rays/s and 2.93 times slower with textures.

Dual cpu computer (2x e5-2696v4)
   OverWrited with white material(without textures):

* render time: 3 min and 30 secs
* rays/s total: 27.40M  Original with textures at materials

* render time: 28 min and 52 secs
* rays/s total: 8.20MWe drop to 0.3 times in rays/s and 8.25 times slower with textures.

The drop in dual system is SO heavy, and I am almost certain, that drop is because an entire CPU of two is doing redundant work.
If you make simple calculations, the dual system should drop from 27.4M Rays/s to ~20.0M Rays/s and should take ~10 minutes with textures...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version