Author Topic: office/working chair  (Read 9357 times)

2021-02-25, 15:38:50

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

My back is demanding a seating upgrade and I was wondering if you guys have any tips or experiences you can share.
The sheer volume of office chairs is so big that I have successfully avoided this topic for too long it seems.

Any help greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: 2021-02-25, 16:17:24 by clemens_at »

2021-02-25, 16:00:02
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
IKEA Markus is generally praised but it may be too big for you if you are short / slim.
You can check reviews like https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-office-chair/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-03-01, 14:04:49
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Great topic and an interesting link Maru!

Honestly, I am always confused about the direction I should go in. I like the slim, super back supporting chairs but honestly, since I work from my home office, I sometimes like to get in a position that can only be described as "half laying" in my chair. Helps me rest my back muscles and get in a different position than the typically "straight up" one. So that said, the Ikea Markus doesn't look too comfortable to do that as its just not big nor puffy enough. Then again, those bigger "puffier" chairs typically do not offer as much back support as you'd expect.

So maybe I'm just weird and I should stick to just always sitting up straight but either way I echo the OPs message - Any help is greatly appreciated :))
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2021-03-01, 15:04:11
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Herman Miller (esp. COSM, Aeron (2nd), and Embody).

And I am not saying that just because my studio produced almost thousand images for them (Check their beautiful colorful website) :- ).

With that said.. I use much shittier JÄRVFJÄLLET from IKEA (Marcus was always pure unbriddled shit, but this one is much better designed).
I don't even know what that says about me...

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-03-03, 10:41:48
Reply #4

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Have you tried the Herman Millers Juraj? I am not the biggest fan of their design and also they are not very suitable for crosslegged sitting which unfortunatly I do too often. 
Maybe this would help get rid of it...

2021-03-04, 21:03:24
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Have you tried the Herman Millers Juraj? I am not the biggest fan of their design and also they are not very suitable for crosslegged sitting which unfortunatly I do too often. 
Maybe this would help get rid of it...

I've been contractor for HM for almost a decade :- ) I've sat on all of their chairs many times. I am just also cheapskate..
What a heresy, design? They are the most beautiful and technically well executed chairs on market. Nothing even remotely compares.

But, I see you are a fellow just like me who likes to sit in worst possible way. Actually there is a chair for crosslegged setting designed by person from my country but I have yet to try it.
I have no idea if the chair is fantastic or absolutely terrible. But it is indeed quite original. I tried to find it in showrooms but then Covid hit and I forgot about it.

https://www.neseda.com/en/
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-03-10, 12:51:22
Reply #6

Namik Pirkic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have HM Mirra2. Was in a bit of doubt between Aeron and Mirra2, eventually tried Embody as well and ended up with Mirra2 being the most comfortable for my needs :)