Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

HDR image as area light

(1/3) > >>

iacdxb:
Best way to use a hdr light image as area light....?

No texture slot in Corona Area light. Placed HDR in Self Illumination... it needs more multiplier power to illuminate target area and IR is more noisy and passes 300+ to clean render on other side a simple area light needs do this in 15 or 20 passes for clean render.

How you use HDRI as area light...?

Thanks.

FrostKiwi:

--- Quote from: iacdxb on 2019-03-06, 08:31:40 ---Placed HDR in Self Illumination...

--- End quote ---
Don't do that, the noise will clear up very slowly.  There is a whole article on the corona help desk, when to use Self-illum and when to use a light.

I don't know where in C4D, but CoronaLight has a TexMap slot. This allows you to input an HDR map. The shape of the Light does not matter. The standard rectangle "area" light works here just as well. Also the CoronaLight material does the same and has a texmap slot as well.
If by chance you require the image to be a perfect projection (think office projector), then the CoronaLight's texmap slot won't work properly.
There is a whole thread on how to do video projection in C4D..

But to just get the light color, shape, softness, strength from the HDR image, then the Corona TexMap slot is the right tool.

iacdxb:

--- Quote from: SairesArt on 2019-03-06, 10:31:00 ---
--- Quote from: iacdxb on 2019-03-06, 08:31:40 ---Placed HDR in Self Illumination...

--- End quote ---
CoronaLight has a TexMap slot. This allows you to input an HDR map.

--- End quote ---

Can you please drop a screen shot of TexMap slot...?

That I know the link of light usage but I need a special HDRI reflection over the object.... for that I was trying as a key light.

Thanks.

mb3d:
Use the Corona light material. Then put the light material on a plane next to the object your trying to light.

iacdxb:
Yes... this "Light Material", I tried this also.

Again back to my first post..... it need 300+ pass to noise clear render and Corona Area light needs 20 passes.....!

Does anyone tested....?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version