Author Topic: details (a villa)  (Read 3605 times)

2019-10-09, 20:47:28

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
some detailed renders of my latest villa design for a client as an architect.

using : Corona, 3dsmax, Substance Painter, Quixel mixer and Megascans

« Last Edit: 2019-10-09, 21:03:59 by Mohammadreza Mohseni »

2019-10-10, 00:39:42
Reply #1

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Super photoreal!

2019-10-10, 10:50:15
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I would love to see a comparison of these shots rendered with Corona 4 and 5 with render times and RAM usage printed once the new build with fixed 2.5D displacement+autobump is released. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-10-10, 11:14:00
Reply #3

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I would love to see a comparison of these shots rendered with Corona 4 and 5 with render times and RAM usage printed once the new build with fixed 2.5D displacement+autobump is released. :)

these are rendered using corona 5 daily builds from the starts but without 2.d displacement. I am waiting for the a dailybuild corona 5 to test 2.5d displacement, is it out? which version should i download? i think it would be much faster and really suited for this scene of mine.
I am willing to test it out with ram usage and compare diffrent versions

2019-10-10, 18:25:02
Reply #4

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
@Mohammadreza, I saw these renders on Instagram earlier and they are fantastic. It seems like Substance Painter is used pretty regularly in your work, whereas others might generate all their surfaces procedurally in Max(?)

@Maru, where can we read more about the implementation of 2.5D displacement?

2019-10-10, 18:51:19
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
@Mohammadreza, I saw these renders on Instagram earlier and they are fantastic. It seems like Substance Painter is used pretty regularly in your work, whereas others might generate all their surfaces procedurally in Max(?)

@Maru, where can we read more about the implementation of 2.5D displacement?

I want to help my buddy out here so I'm pasting a link below that will point you towards the 2.5D displacement board :)

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26398.0

Knock yourself out!

As for the preview images, boy, you are onto something! Looks great already!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-10-10, 21:38:22
Reply #6

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
As for the preview images, boy, you are onto something! Looks great already!

Thanks, it is kind of you!

2019-10-10, 21:44:32
Reply #7

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Yes, I really like texturing. So, I love Mari and Substance painter but I use Substance Painter just on important geometries, not all of them you need to watch out the memory when you make a large number of textures and its resolution.

2019-10-13, 10:58:32
Reply #8

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Based on my preliminary tests 2.5D displacement can reduce peak memory usage in this scene (tested on the first render of this thread) up to 25% which is awesome.
it is a great feature to have.

I will share the complete results once the renders are complete.

2019-10-13, 18:25:10
Reply #9

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Huge lifesaver feature, I have been waiting for this kind of feature for a long time.
really amazing guys... just like Peter said, well done and thank you.

Here is my comparison in a real-world scene that I have been working on to test the new feature in the real-world situation...
I have tested Corona 4 with old displacement with and without Auto Bump in comparison with Corona 5 with 2.5D new displacement with and without Auto Bump feature...
I have set a noise level limit of 5.0 to all tests so I can compare the render time.

in Corona 4 with 0.5px I have got low on ram(I have got 64GB Ram on my system) warning both with and without the auto bump. and render time was near with auto bump it was 38min and without it 33min.
in Corona 5 I have no issue with ram in any way... huge step up. and parsing time was actually decreased which is awesome.

2019-10-14, 22:02:05
Reply #10

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
How did you model the rocks in this scene?

2019-10-15, 06:20:09
Reply #11

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So when using displacement, is using a bump map with autobump ON not necessary? Thanks for the comparisons!