Author Topic: Panning style in 3DSmax 2021  (Read 2012 times)

2021-01-12, 08:50:07

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Just wondering if anyone knows how to disable what seems to be a new (or reset) viewport panning option in 3DS max 2021.

If I click with middle mouse button while hovering over a (close) object, the panning moves as expected. If I have my mouse in blank space, the panning is very sensitive and hard to control.

See video attached, for further explanation. Thanks!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-01-12, 09:57:30
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm afraid this is a 3ds Max feature, similar to zoom working differently depending on where your cursor is, and we can't make anything about it. If you need precise control over panning, you can try using the 2D pan zoom mode (which is also supported by Corona's IR). Maybe other users will have better tips.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-01-12, 11:10:38
Reply #2

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
try adding:

AdaptiveNavigation=0

under "Performance" in the 3dsmax.ini file.

That will get rid of the annoying zoom. I dont know about the pan, but its worth a try.

2021-01-12, 14:20:09
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I'm afraid this is a 3ds Max feature, similar to zoom working differently depending on where your cursor is, and we can't make anything about it. If you need precise control over panning, you can try using the 2D pan zoom mode (which is also supported by Corona's IR). Maybe other users will have better tips.

Hi Maru,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, sorry, I should have noted that of course I'm not expecting any feedback from devs, just the general 3dsmax community (hence my posting in 'General CG Discussion').

Thanks Clemens, I'll give that a try...!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/