Author Topic: Identifying this kind of aesthetic  (Read 950 times)

2021-12-07, 22:00:36

demec

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I have been working on the industry of archviz since few years, during all these years I have seen how there was a persuit of ultimate photorealism for architecture visualizations, but now days (since plenty time I must say, but it's getting increasingly popular, I find this kind of aesthetic (find attached).
This are works of https://www.filippobolognese.ch/images
Of course this is a top-notch architecture visualization, they are doing great, I think they are the new MIR.NO in popularity.
They work mostly doing architecture contests' visualizations.

Do any of you know how is this aesthetic achieved? In general, it looks like desaturated. Sometimes looks like low contrast, but not really, this images looks so just excellent.
I wonder how do the achieve this, as I work for years trying to achieve some level of photorealism and I realize now this game-changer kind of visualization which really attracts me but I found me very lost trying to replicate it.

Did you know the work of filippobolognese? do you like it?
Have you ever done any similar work?

thank you!

2021-12-07, 23:17:54
Reply #1

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I honestly don't see anything special.

The images have low contrast and saturation.
If I had to do this type of rendering I'd use very soft lights and shadows (large penumbra).
Also it seems they like to use overcast skies which helps to give this type of lighting and shadows.

Not my favorite style really.

2021-12-08, 11:45:00
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No disrespect to the work you've posted, but, in my opinion, they're not a patch on the work of MIR.

In my opinion 'overcast' is the easy solution, it's much easier to balance an image in terms of contrast, colour etc when there are no harsh direct lighting/shadows.

There's a reason why MIR themselves have said in the past, "Only a creative mind and a trained eye can make a really good sunny plaza rendering of a typical mixed-use building. There is nothing more to it than that."

2021-12-08, 12:11:32
Reply #3

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like it. subtlety lets the composition play first fiddle.
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube