Author Topic: dual CPU issues?  (Read 2041 times)

2021-08-13, 22:11:14
Reply #15

doillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Doillo - unfortunately so far we were no able to reproduce this issue, even on a dual CPU machine. We are getting the expected performance.

Can you please:
- Make sure that you have all Windows Updates installed (you may need to restart your computer multiple times and check for new updates again, then repeat)
- Make sure that you have all the drivers up to date - especially the "system" drivers such as the chipset driver
- Update your BIOS to the newest available version

Wow, that sounds disapointed for me... I have everything updated. (drivers, windows updates (the optional ones), the bios, everything). My first thougts were to think that was my system fault, but as you could see, my coronabenchmarks were fine (cinebench and vray also was good). Moreover, other render engines like vray works fine as expected.
Moreover, as you saw, the problem were at textures at corona material. Without textures, everything was runing fine. I am building another dual system, and in a few weeks I will be able to do more test with new dual system.

I was thinking also about the ECC RAM memory (required for my mother board). Could be the problem there? I have 4x16 Gb sticks ECC Ram.

2021-09-02, 10:36:43
Reply #16

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We did some more tests on a dual CPU machine (picked a pretty old CPU on purpose - 2x E5-2690 "v0") and we are still getting the expected performance in both your scene and the Corona Benchmark.
I am really not sure what else we could try. I am afraid only reproducing this issue on our end would give us some data.

2021-09-09, 23:13:00
Reply #17

doillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We did some more tests on a dual CPU machine (picked a pretty old CPU on purpose - 2x E5-2690 "v0") and we are still getting the expected performance in both your scene and the Corona Benchmark.
I am really not sure what else we could try. I am afraid only reproducing this issue on our end would give us some data.

Hello again, well I think I know where is the issue from. I search a lot and I find more ppl having this issue. Not only with corona, with vray and other softwares also. And not only with dual intel xeons, also with EPYC system, and TR 3990x.

Windows 10 "can not handle more than 64 threats". Well, it can, but when you have more than 64 threats, w10 splitt those into 2 "numa cores". And I think 3dsmax can not handdle those "numa cores"... Thats why, when I use 3dsmax maps, performance drops HUGE and an entire CPU "dissapears". It seems corona renderer is well implemented, and coronabitmap works fine (but not all of ur maps, cos triplanar also drops heavy my system) with those "2 numa cores" but 3dsmax not.

As I said, all of this is my summ and my thoughts, reading posts, making my owns test, etc.

It would be nice if you could try the test I show you in the video with a system with more than 64 threats.

2021-09-16, 13:59:00
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@doillo - just one more request:

Could you please:
- download the attached archive
- open the two included scenes and render both of them on the problematic dual-cpu computer (do not change any settings)
- save the render output (there is a 1 minute time limit set)
- share your results with us

Thanks in advance!

2021-09-16, 15:47:21
Reply #19

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
We are also using some 128-thread machines here in the studio. Not particularly noticing the same issue as OP but thought I'd contribute my results too from my own workstation in case helpful.

Cheers.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-09-22, 15:55:38
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@doillo ^could you please try that as well?
Thanks in advance!

2021-09-24, 10:12:49
Reply #21

doillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Sorry if I am late answering but I am a bit bussy nowdays.

I will send you the test on monday

2021-09-24, 10:45:06
Reply #22

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
I`m imterested in this as well as we are having alot of issues with it lately.

H

2021-10-12, 13:05:32
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

Sorry if I am late answering but I am a bit bussy nowdays.

I will send you the test on monday

Hi Doillo, I shared a simple test scene here https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=33941.0;attach=154014
Could you please try follow the instructions from that post and share your results with me?
Thank you!

2021-10-12, 13:23:32
Reply #24

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I`m imterested in this as well as we are having alot of issues with it lately.

H

I have just created a support ticket in our system on your behalf. Please check your email and it would be great if we could discuss this further.
Thank you in advance!