Author Topic: Setup lightmix  (Read 3090 times)

2020-02-29, 10:30:32

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile
Please make setup lightmix in the renderer setting work that would help me a lot
EHABHD Corona Renderer user ARCHICAD,CINEMA4D

2020-03-02, 09:45:41
Reply #1

rozky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's possible in WFB. Setup render elements and add Shading LightMiX, LightSelect.
Peter
« Last Edit: 2020-03-02, 09:54:51 by rozky »
Archicad 8-23CZE, Corona Renderer for Archicad Alpha 5

2020-03-02, 10:17:57
Reply #2

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile
Yes I know this way but it would be easier with setup lightmix button 🤔

2020-03-02, 11:13:04
Reply #3

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hello. I'm afraid I don't understand the question fully. We have Setup Lightmix button as you suggest. Please be more specific what's your issue. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03, 09:12:54 by alexhajdu »

2020-03-03, 09:08:57
Reply #4

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile
Can you tel me how does it work because it does not work for me

2020-03-03, 09:49:23
Reply #5

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Rozky did a pretty good job in the post above. I will describe it with what you see there and how to setup light mix.

To make the Light Mix feature work, you need:
  • at least 1 light on scene
  • at least 1 LightSelect render element
  • LightMix render element
  • Forget on the Setup LightMix button on Corona rendering palette (it has no use)

1) Create a light and keep it SELECTED! You will thank me in step 3...
    2) On the Corona rendering palette, there is a Render elements section on the bottom. Click Setup render elements, New and choose LightSelect render element.
    3) Keep the palette open, press New and add LightSelect render element.
    Now you have to add your light, or group of lights into the light select list. Choosing the lights is not very user-friendly currently and this will be updated, but for now, you have to select your lights beforehand. If you make step 1, you should have 1 light selected. Within Shading/LighSelect element window you click Add and you should see that your light was added into list. The list should be not empty with an entry like 04DC4385-324E-A3CE-D57,... which is the id of the light in AC.
    4) You can close Render elements dialog. Click render. In the VFB window is tab called LightMix. Click and tweak your lights. You can also preview the effect if you switch BEAUTY to Shading/LightMix. You can find this on the top part of the VFB window.

Notes:
  • You can add as many lights in the LightSelect element as you want. E.g. group all interior lamps of the same type in one render element for easy tweaking...
  • Select your light/lights on the scene before you start creating LightSelect render element
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03, 13:31:04 by alexhajdu »

2020-03-03, 13:51:34
Reply #6

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile
I know this way I thought it would be automatic like if I use the light setup mix button in my Sean witch have multiple lights it will automatically differentiate the light source by its kind and but it in defrent light select pass. But any way thanks for the great work

2020-03-04, 09:09:06
Reply #7

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Oh, I understand now. Yes, it should be possible to make this process more user friendly and this is definitely something we will improve in the future. ..