Author Topic: Calibration "rig" model  (Read 5222 times)

2018-12-06, 20:21:11

maknu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not usre I'm calibrating my materials in a neutral environment. A template .pln with with proper lighting would be really helpful.

2019-01-06, 09:32:07
Reply #1

Jan Špaček

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! I'm not sure I understand you well; do you want to be able to use an arbitrary .pln file in the material preview inside the material editor? Note that there are multiple shapes for this object, and you can also rotate it, adjust its radius and/or the light intensity. The main light used in the preview is pure white, with another smaller light with a slight blue tint.

You can also preview the edited material directly in your scene, if you start interactive rendering before you open the material editor. (Unfortunately, due to some technical issues, you cannot start interactive rendering when the material editor is already opened.)

2019-01-07, 09:54:44
Reply #2

maknu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm looking for something like the attachment. A .pla with an environment and sun/sky and the cool looking thingy used for applying the materials. I'd like to focus only on the material settings and not sun and or sky etc. If I could use one controlled environment for my materials I could create consisten material settings better...I assume. I'm maybe totally lost here and maybe the material preview is good enough...?

2019-08-07, 08:37:18
Reply #3

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hi, as Jan said, you can switch various shapes right in the surface editor. Anyway, I get your point and I think we can prepare some corona testing scene. This is closely related to the material library so such a scene could be available once the mat. lib is ready...

(I'm moving this thread to resolved)