Author Topic: Render Region controls for Corona VFB  (Read 19137 times)

2012-10-28, 20:39:41

Samurai Pizza Cat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, first of all I absolutley love Corona...the engine ;D

Insted of using the standard max render window to correct regions, maybe there is a posibility to implement a render region to the CFB. I like to be able using the post processing options during test renderings without having to switch back and forth.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-01-21, 00:05:35 by Keymaster »

2012-10-29, 00:35:53
Reply #1

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You can still use the render region in the viewport to adjust it, without having to change VFB's.
cheers

2012-10-31, 05:08:41
Reply #2

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

My Wife was going on about this, she wants a render region in the Corona frame buffer too :)
make it like Vrays one too :) but with  multiply regions at once.

cheers

2012-10-31, 11:17:45
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yesterday I discovered you can use render region in standard max's VFB when using Corona. Just uncheck "custom vfb" in "Main Corona Settings" tab. -_-
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-15, 14:09:14
Reply #4

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
maybe I miss something but render crop is not working? can you add this?
Peter Kolus, Senior 3D artist:
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-26, 00:17:13
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Yesterday I discovered you can use render region in standard max's VFB when using Corona. Just uncheck "custom vfb" in "Main Corona Settings" tab. -_-

Thats the recommended solution until I implement better VFB ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-19, 10:06:44
Reply #6

moadr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Vermeer by Stableworks
Hey!

I know this is a quite old topic, but I just wanted to chime in and let you guys know, that I'm looking for something like this. So now, if I want to render a smaller region of my render I have to switch back to my max window, have to select the required viewport, than have to open the render settings window, after that, usually switch a tab to the common settings, than select the region option from the dropdown menu, than go back to the max window, and try to look for the corners of that nearly unvisible rectangle, to somehow select the desired region there ...

I don't want to seem like somebody, who is whining, just tried to describe, that how complicated it can be, to render a quick region. And just one half of the problem is the speed of the process, what is the most bothering in my opinion, is that as I mentioned earlier it is hard to see where the sides of the region-selection rectangle are exactly in the viewport and usually you can select the desired region of the image better in the frame buffer.

In my opinion something similar, what we have in Vray should work fine.

So +1 from me for this request :)
Adrian Moorsel

Vermeer by Stableworks   |   https://stableworks.tech

2014-07-19, 10:34:50
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I added a Shift+R shortcut to "select render region" (not sure about the name but you'll find it), so I simply press Shift+R, adjust the region size in viewport (come on, it's not that hard to grab those handles), press F9. If I want to render the whole image again, I either change render mode to full image or adjust the render region to cover the whole viewport area and press Shift+R again. For me it's super fast. Of course integrating this into VFB would make things even faster and easier.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-07-30, 06:32:54
Reply #8

nosalisCZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would like to see the VFB improved a bit :)

It's something I really liked about vray, having the side menu where I can save tmp renders, and load them up (when comparing before/after)
totally love the render to region function directly on the vfb, super fast to turn on/off, and i can select the region directly on last render

as other suggest, there might be workarounds to make this work, but I was told that the biggest advantage about Corona should be it's simplicity , and to me it's much more simple to press button, then setting up hotkeys.. etc

2014-08-01, 20:45:00
Reply #9

alessandro deana

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • de-cube
Actually Maru solution is the best and fastest one.
I tried to set the Shift+R shortcut and it is great.
I think that setting the region on the last render is definitely better but, for now, we can use this solution until Ondra will update the frame buffer.
I don't know if it is possible, but setting multiple region or polygonal regions would be even greater!!
Alessandro Deana | de-cube it !
www.de-cube.it
www.facebook.com/decubeit

2014-08-22, 21:20:17
Reply #10

mgolden

• Active Users
    • View Profile
to anyone looking for the name of the command for setting up this shortcut, it's "Edit Render Region".

2014-08-23, 09:32:36
Reply #11

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Also, you can assign hotkey to the the following script:

setRenderType #View

which will set region type back to view. So if you do not want to render with region anymore, you can switch back to view via hotkey, without need to open render settings. I have set region assigned to Ctrl+R, and set back to view to Ctrl+Shift+R :)

2014-08-28, 00:53:52
Reply #12

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
 Rawalanche, can you explain better? =)
Also, do you know how to create a shortcut to oper Corona VFB?
Thanks!

2015-08-23, 03:08:33
Reply #13

rombo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra, where does this stand in the Corona roadmap? Anything to pop up soon? Thx!

2016-04-07, 23:06:25
Reply #14

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
will be released probably tomorrow
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)