Author Topic: Corona 1.6 Release Candidate 8 is out now!  (Read 3667 times)

2017-04-20, 14:45:59

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Renderer 1.6 Release Candidate 8 is out now!

Everyone with an active FairSaaS or Box with Subscription license has access, and the download is in the usual location: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a

Not many changes in this RC, but do please install and test - as final release nears, now is the time to catch any last remaining issues! The changes are:

- Fixed UV scattering behavior in very dense grids

Corona Image Editor
- “Save” button now saves all elements and configuration into a single file when the output format is chosen as CXR (this is equivalent to using “Save CXR” from VFB)

We've been creating new RCs to roll fixes out to you as soon as they are ready, rather than delay & gather more fixes into fewer (and less-frequent) RCs. This has been important particularly due to the completely-reworked Distributed Rendering. It has meant more RCs than usual, but we believe it was the right way to go! We appreciate you keeping up with the RCs as they come out and putting them through their paces with real-world tests.

Thanks!
   Tom
« Last Edit: 2018-03-12, 15:21:21 by maru »
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-04-21, 09:44:52
Reply #1

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if its just me but renders in RC8 seem to have alot more high frequency noise, most notably in darker areas, and they seem to take a little longer to clean up than in RC6

2017-04-21, 10:07:26
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
can you post side by side comparisons? Usually it turns out these feelings turn out to be incorrect when you view images side by side
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-21, 10:11:28
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Not sure if its just me but renders in RC8 seem to have alot more high frequency noise, most notably in darker areas, and they seem to take a little longer to clean up than in RC6
I felt the same even before RCs, but didn't bother to do tests because of that reason :]
Usually it turns out these feelings turn out to be incorrect when you view images side by side
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-21, 10:23:50
Reply #4

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
can you post side by side comparisons? Usually it turns out these feelings turn out to be incorrect when you view images side by side

If i get a chance this afternoon to reinstall RC6 i will do.
Can you have multiple versions of corona installed at once?

2017-04-21, 10:45:41
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is a comparison on a quick test scene (the black square is a company logo so ive blanked it out)
Youre right it is pretty much identical. I wish i could have locked the sampling pattern over the two renders to see if it was infact exactly the same haha.

2017-04-21, 15:00:05
Reply #6

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Crash on RC8 when rendering lights that are set to be invisible to camera but not every time. Been rendering like this all morning and only happened twice.
Minidump attached but possibly useless to you as for some reason none of the max updates changed my exe version.

2017-04-21, 15:03:02
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Crash on RC8 when rendering lights that are set to be invisible to camera but not every time. Been rendering like this all morning and only happened twice.
Minidump attached but possibly useless to you as for some reason none of the max updates changed my exe version.
same location as your other crash, and no, I cannot load symbols. I am starting to suspect that your 3ds Max installation is corrupt
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-21, 15:20:42
Reply #8

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
same location as your other crash, and no, I cannot load symbols. I am starting to suspect that your 3ds Max installation is corrupt

What do you mean by same location?
I think it was a different file but i could be wrong.
Perhaps ill reinstall max and see if it changes the version number when i update.

2017-04-21, 15:24:27
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it was (as far as i remember) crashing in the same file (maxutils.dll)

2017-04-21, 15:25:24
Reply #10

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it was (as far as i remember) crashing in the same file (maxutils.dll)

Oh right sorry i misunderstood i thought you meant the same max scene.

2017-04-21, 16:23:29
Reply #11

thilima3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Thi Lima - 3D, Consulting & Online School
Interactive render keeps restarting forever when I use Camera Perspective: Tilt Shift

2017-04-22, 19:59:23
Reply #12

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Interactive render keeps restarting forever when I use Camera Perspective: Tilt Shift

this is most probably by a bug that autodesk introduced lately into physical camera, that makes the camera nonstop emit messages "i have changed, please reparse me". We will need to some ugly workaround for this :/

2017-04-24, 09:37:29
Reply #13

A515

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.arch515.com
Hello ,
Version 1.6 rc8 is the official version.? If not when can you expect ..?
Regards.

2017-04-24, 15:46:50
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello ,
Version 1.6 rc8 is the official version.? If not when can you expect ..?
Regards.
1.6 final is out now :)
https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-1-6-for-3ds-max-released/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us