Author Topic: 1.6 DR  (Read 33563 times)

2017-04-18, 15:55:57
Reply #165

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A strange thing that can somehow help to improve the DR mode in the future/
I was install 1.6 rc6 on new clean installation of Windows 10 with correct configuration for network render /later this was perfectly rendering with Vray DR/ on my new computer, and get DR slave dead///
etc. it's starting server and max, but with hit render on master machine it's not doing nothing,---- not downloading scene, not starting parsing, nothing, simple idle---////
In DR setting's on master always OK/// Master was founding the  slave in DR tab with name and IP /With license also always OK///
After installing 1.5 2 hotfix version and than again installed 1.6 rc6 version the slave starting rendering///
What thing exist in DR system in 1.5.2 version, Which is not exist in 1.6 RC6, that not clean Even during installation of new version's??? :))

The slaves currently report incorrect status in RC6, but this doesn't affect rendering in any way. Please check that the slaves do indeed render and that they send rendered images to the master.
The status reporting will be fixed soon, if you find any other problems with DR, please let me know.

2017-04-20, 10:07:56
Reply #166

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
We're closing on the 1.6 release, so let's make a list of all the prevailing DR issues:

Is there anything missing from this list? Were any of these issues happening to you in the past and are fixed now?

If any of these (or other) issues happen, please let us know and send us minidumps/screenshots/logs/scenes for testing as appropriate.

Many thanks for all your testing effort!

2017-04-21, 08:23:20
Reply #167

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
RC9 (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13400.msg100087.html#msg100087) has few more DR bugfixes. It would be awesome if you could test it and tell us if it fixes your problems. Thanks!

2017-04-21, 09:02:04
Reply #168

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
RC9 (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13400.msg100087.html#msg100087) has few more DR bugfixes. It would be awesome if you could test it and tell us if it fixes your problems. Thanks!

Love the speed of these Ryuu, think it's great you are realeasing smaller RCs faster instead of few and big ones. Could you give a little more insight to the usage of: "Added threshold to number of samples adaptivity can distribute to each pixel (to avoid slow progress in rendered passes)"?
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-04-21, 09:57:33
Reply #169

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Noisy adaptivity mask - [...] This one should be fixed, could you please confirm that it's no longer happening?

Depends. When using 1. local rendering 2. DR rendering (stripes) 3. DR rendering (no stripes),  I get three significantly different results of the mask(s). Don´t know if it is expected. But it´s not noisy any more.

Duplicate entries in DR tab when there's problem resolving slave name

Confirming that this does not happen anymore in RC9,

Incorrect result with physical camera with vertical/horizontal shift enabled - https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2532

This seems to be a private entry, mortals cannot access it.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-04-21, 13:50:27
Reply #170

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
RC9....

same problem again...

When i send a job to backburner it doesnt start render. (Waiting without anything)

it looks on screen as if it started but max doesnt run.When i do restart job on backburner it starts rendering.
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2017-04-21, 14:05:01
Reply #171

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is DR rendering results :) I think I have got a super computers :)

only six minute left

is this 1200 pass

and this is single computing

2017-04-21, 14:08:23
Reply #172

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For corona team

If you have the time, I will be happy to entertain you here.

2017-04-21, 14:12:40
Reply #173

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC9....

same problem again...

When i send a job to backburner it doesnt start render. (Waiting without anything)

it looks on screen as if it started but max doesnt run.When i do restart job on backburner it starts rendering.

Is backburner showing any error or warning? Could you send me logs from backburner?

This is DR rendering results :) I think I have got a super computers :)

only six minute left

If you render with 'render by stripes' checked, it's expected that the number of passes might be large.

2017-04-21, 14:13:10
Reply #174

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Is there something interesting in

<maxdir>\network\max.log
<backburner(service)userdir>\AppData\Local\backburner\backburnerServer.log

?

Do you get the same when submitting a scanline renderer scene? Sounds more like a general BB problem to me.

Good Luck

BTW: Why are you using your iphone back camera to take a screenshot? :)

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-04-21, 14:19:25
Reply #175

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Is there something interesting in

<maxdir>\network\max.log
<backburner(service)userdir>\AppData\Local\backburner\backburnerServer.log

?

Do you get the same when submitting a scanline renderer scene? Sounds more like a general BB problem to me.

Good Luck

BTW: Why are you using your iphone back camera to take a screenshot? :)

There is no such problem in the 13th december version...

iphone photo is easier for me.I can use print screen if I have a problem

2017-04-25, 10:10:24
Reply #176

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Since we've made many bugfixes in the last few days, we'd like to assume that all the DR problems are fixed. If that's not the case, please report them again either on Mantis or in the bug reporting section here on forum. Thanks!