Author Topic: 1.6 DR  (Read 33572 times)

2017-02-28, 14:32:10

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm creating this thread so that bug reports for new DR don't get buried in unrelated discussions.

Here are the bugs and issues that have been reported so far (daily build 02-24):
  • Corona Proxy does not appear on slaves
  • Pass limit does not work correctly with DR
  • Render sometimes cannot be stopped
  • New DR does not work with Deadline
  • Assets are sent to slaves even if they are stored in shared network folder
  • Scrollbar in DR tab does not work

One issue from previous daily build I didn't manage to reproduce is that slaves sometimes don't render at all and send just black images.
Is this still happening in the latest daily build? Do slaves report any error?

Thank you, daily build testers!

2017-02-28, 14:43:37
Reply #1

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm creating this thread so that bug reports for new DR don't get buried in unrelated discussions.

Here are the bugs and issues that have been reported so far (daily build 02-24):
  • Corona Proxy does not appear on slaves
  • Pass limit does not work correctly with DR
  • Render sometimes cannot be stopped
  • New DR does not work with Deadline
  • Assets are sent to slaves even if they are stored in shared network folder
  • Scrollbar in DR tab does not work

One issue from previous daily build I didn't manage to reproduce is that slaves sometimes don't render at all and send just black images.
Is this still happening in the latest daily build? Do slaves report any error?

Thank you, daily build testers!

+++1000

I have same problem's and reported about this in 1.6 Daily Build topic///

2017-03-01, 03:06:19
Reply #2

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
slaves seem to be rendering correct number of passes but light mix spinners had no effect and then I tried to change trhe values a few times the whole thing crashed.

2017-03-01, 03:15:11
Reply #3

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tried again, lighmix spinners work fine before DR kicks in, when the slaves start sending the spinners stop, then right at the final pass or near it max crashed again same place near the end of the rendering. First try 200 passes crashed near 200, second 150 passes lower res crashed near 150.

2017-03-01, 04:09:25
Reply #4

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
getting alot of these errors on scene that was rendering for the most part under 24/2
dr slave starts then ends max process

2017-03-01 13:03:06   Saving incoming scene to C:/Users/render/AppData/Local/CoronaRenderer/DrData/received_scene_2950344659.max
2017-03-01 13:03:06   Downloaded scene: 851,968 bytes in 0 s
2017-03-01 13:03:09   Forwarded to master: <root><DataType>0</DataType><Forward>error</Forward><Error>&lt;Error&gt;Internal error. Please report it at https://corona-renderer.com/link/2001:
STOP@C:\Corona\src\CoronaMax/maxApi/SceneCallbacks.h(61)&lt;/Error&gt;</Error></root>
2017-03-01 13:03:50   Received sampling focus mask

EDIT.
I'm not getting this on my test scenes just my project scenes.
Big difference is proxy trees and plants.
could be down to something odd, it worked til 28/2
« Last Edit: 2017-03-01, 05:13:51 by jacobhutson »

2017-03-01, 06:59:58
Reply #5

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DR is broken when using xrefs scenes (havent tried xref objects)

Have a scene with xrefs and it wont render
DR nodes never start rendering

merge the xref(s) and it does right away.

tried this multiple times with multiple scenes.
even does it of the xref has nothing in it.

that's why my test scenes work and not my projects.

2017-03-01, 13:46:35
Reply #6

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, I reproduced the xref issues, thanks for reporting.

2017-03-01, 14:43:10
Reply #7

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I have got this error. Overall it is hard to render enything right now on DR.

Tom

2017-03-01, 15:25:41
Reply #8

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I have got this error. Overall it is hard to render enything right now on DR.

Tom

Could you describe how you got the error? Does it happen every time or randomly?

2017-03-01, 15:35:12
Reply #9

nabelekm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had the same error. Seems like the installer didn't quite replaced the DrServer properly. Restarting nodes and reinstalling corona DB worked.

2017-03-01, 16:01:40
Reply #10

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tried again, lighmix spinners work fine before DR kicks in, when the slaves start sending the spinners stop, then right at the final pass or near it max crashed again same place near the end of the rendering. First try 200 passes crashed near 200, second 150 passes lower res crashed near 150.

Could you send me minidump from the crash?

2017-03-01, 21:15:00
Reply #11

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here it is,
Thanks,
Ihab

2017-03-01, 21:49:42
Reply #12

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1.After some test's with new Daily build from 2-28 in my animation project i found very specific problem with DR render and animated texture 3dmax .ifl exension file///

Goodbye for animated people from Marlin Studio in our architectural animations :))

2.After 1.5. hotfix release in all lasted Daily Build's don;t submit job to deadline 8 via 3dmax submitter script, except with other render's /Vray,Scanline, and etc./ always Okay/
Problem only with Corona///
The process stop's on "submitting all frames in One job"///

except that everything is working perfectly:))))
Thanks for job!!!

« Last Edit: 2017-03-01, 22:34:19 by denisgo22 »

2017-03-01, 21:57:42
Reply #13

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am sure he can fix it no worries.
Are you still using those? I think they are as old as my career, 20 years? I never used them do they look good?
Thanks

2017-03-01, 22:09:01
Reply #14

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am sure he can fix it no worries.
Are you still using those? I think they are as old as my career, 20 years? I never used them do they look good?
Thanks

This not only about using people:))))
But all sequences textures in project's:))) /screens,videos and etc.

2017-03-01, 22:31:39
Reply #15

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1.After some test's with new Daily build from 2-28 on my animation project i found very specific problem with DR render and animated texture 3dmax .ifl exension file///

Goodbye for animated people from Marlin Studio in our architectural animations :))

2.After 1.5. hotfix release in all lasted Daily Build don;t submit job to deadline 8 via 3dmax submitter script except with other render's /Vray,Scanline, and etc./ always Okay/
Problem only with Corona///

except that everything is working perfectly:))))
Thanks for job!!!

Problem 1 should be fixed in today's daily build (03-01). Give it a try.
I'm aware of the deadline issue, stay tuned!

2017-03-02, 18:20:41
Reply #16

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys.

I installed the latest build today and I still notice the problem of stopping the DR rendering process manually. Every time I press STOP at the master PC one of the slaves continues to render and the process goes on infinitely so I have to save manually the final image...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-02, 20:59:31
Reply #17

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In last Daily from 2017-03-01 there is no problem with .ifl sequences and XREF files//
thanks very much for fix!!!
But there is still a problem with Deadline submitter:(

2017-03-03, 10:26:10
Reply #18

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Collecting extra data from slaves doesn't still work!!! The main PC has the session open for 15hrs collecting the last data from the server which never arrived... Had to close manually the DR process.

Please fix as DR is unusable like this.

Thanks!

Dionysios -

2017-03-07, 16:11:51
Reply #19

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Collecting extra data from slaves doesn't still work!!! The main PC has the session open for 15hrs collecting the last data from the server which never arrived... Had to close manually the DR process.

Thanks!

Dionysios -

Hi all, the latest build 06/03/2017 sees to solved the DR issues, didn't noticed any problems till now!!!

Thank you for your hard work.

Dionysios -

2017-03-07, 18:55:17
Reply #20

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks!

Dionysios -

Hi all, the latest build 06/03/2017 sees to solved the DR issues, didn't noticed any problems till now!!!

Thank you for your hard work.

Dionysios -

I also didn't find any problem's with DR in latest build//
Excellent work work Guy's//
Thanks very much:)))

2017-03-07, 20:30:53
Reply #21

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
The DR servers close itself correctly now but I noticed that 3ds Max remains active and I had to force manually both DR and Max cause after a job as they couldn't reach the Master PC anymore.
Once restarted DR everything worked fine.

Dionysios -

2017-03-07, 22:07:36
Reply #22

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Working fine for me, finally.

Very happy with the result!

2017-03-08, 02:39:22
Reply #23

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Could you send me minidump from the crash?

new update also causing crashes, can you help me? I attached second dmp file,

2017-03-08, 05:57:20
Reply #24

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3/6 seems to be alot more stable with xrefs in DR.
more testing......

2017-03-08, 06:35:48
Reply #25

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
more testing......

I am starting to feel it is just me having crashes no one else reporting it, it happens only when corona starts collecting extra passes from slaves when it is finished all passes.
All the time every time.

2017-03-08, 07:37:26
Reply #26

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
more testing......

I am starting to feel it is just me having crashes no one else reporting it, it happens only when corona starts collecting extra passes from slaves when it is finished all passes.
All the time every time.

Took the software home, installed it on my computers at home, and same result, crashes at extra passes collection at the end. it is not just my work computer. plus at home it was rendering extra black passes. at work it was rendering correct number of passes.

2017-03-08, 11:56:12
Reply #27

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Unfortunately I noticed few minutes ago a problem with DR.

I have a 6.000px image calculated by 2 DR servers via Backburner.
As you can see from the image below there is a net difference of passes! The noise limit was set to 3 by te way and to me it seems a more noisy result...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-08, 11:57:51
Reply #28

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Unfortunately I noticed few minutes ago a problem with DR.

I have a 6.000px image calculated by 2 DR servers via Backburner.
As you can see from the image below there is a net difference of passes! The noise limit was set to 3 by te way and to me it seems a more noisy result...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

I use the 06/03/2017 build. I saw Ondra loaded a new one one hour ago... Don't know if DR has any changes in it.

2017-03-08, 13:08:26
Reply #29

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
these differences in noise are by design and were always present - DR in Corona works "kinda like" bucket renderer to avoid constant big data transfers. The noise level should converge to uniform level in few more passes
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-08, 14:30:51
Reply #30

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
these differences in noise are by design and were always present - DR in Corona works "kinda like" bucket renderer to avoid constant big data transfers. The noise level should converge to uniform level in few more passes

Thanks for getting back Ondra.
I never saw till today such a big difference, specially with a noise level limit set to 3.

Do we have any tip to avoid this?

Thanks!

Dionysios -

2017-03-08, 14:39:35
Reply #31

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Build 06/03/17: Once the DR process is finished, many often an instance of 3ds Max process remains opened and for this reason the next job is not submitted to that DR server. I also noticed that if I close the DR window/process, that 3ds Max process still remains active in the OS.

Dionysios -

2017-03-08, 22:23:47
Reply #32

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Build 06/03/17: Once the DR process is finished, many often an instance of 3ds Max process remains opened and for this reason the next job is not submitted to that DR server. I also noticed that if I close the DR window/process, that 3ds Max process still remains active in the OS.

Dionysios -

I second that, but I think if you give the render nodes a few minutes they will reset themselves and become ready that's what I noticed.

2017-03-08, 22:28:22
Reply #33

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Dionysios -

I second that, but I think if you give the render nodes a few minutes they will reset themselves and become ready that's what I noticed.

Thanks for getting back.

As many often Backburner controls the render queue, I think the DR process should close 3ds Max almost immediately before the next render automatically gets sent to the servers...

Let's see what the dev team will tell us about it.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-08, 23:11:29
Reply #34

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am more worried about the fact that all the builds after Dec 13th crash my 3dsmax at time of collection of extra passes at the end of the dr rendering phase, and the light mixer and post effects spinners have no effect midway of the dr rendering. so for 100 passes, at around 50 spinners don't have an effect, and as soon as the number hits 100 max crashes, this is still happening with the latest build and at work and at home. it doesn't happen when you render a couch alone, but if you render a real project it happens. I would say memory leakage or permissions to copy stuff over the network.
this whole problem goes away as soon as I reinstall 1.5.2 and copy the dec 13th update.

2017-03-09, 10:49:05
Reply #35

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
I can't even get DR working on latest build (08-03-2017). First a crash on the DR node:

(see attached)

I then restarted the node while the main PC kept rendering (had "search LAN during render enabled). The node picked up the DR signal nicely, but was stuck again just "waiting for render to start" through the whole night. No crash though.

max 2016, 6k img res and around 20mill poly interior scene.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-03-09, 11:24:49
Reply #36

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I confirm that 3ds Max process doesn't close itself properly when a DR is finished. The process remains opened and the next DR job for this reason doesn't start...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-09, 11:58:00
Reply #37

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I confirm that 3ds Max process doesn't close itself properly when a DR is finished. The process remains opened and the next DR job for this reason doesn't start...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

3ds Max on slaves shouldn't close inbetween renders. When you stop the render, the status message on slaves should go back to "Waiting for render start" and it should start rendering immediately after starting new render. It's weird that the next render won't start; what does the log say?

2017-03-09, 12:05:48
Reply #38

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Thanks,

Dionysios -

3ds Max on slaves shouldn't close inbetween renders. When you stop the render, the status message on slaves should go back to "Waiting for render start" and it should start rendering immediately after starting new render. It's weird that the next render won't start; what does the log say?

Yes, this is correct, but I noticed this thing:

When the DR don't start with the next job is because they exist two 3ds Max processes created from the DR in the same time.
Basically, the first time DR starts it creates a 3ds Max session in standby mode which is the one used for the DR rendering. Then when the job is finished it may happen that DR doesn't closed up 3ds Max properly and remains open/active. In this case no new DR jobs can be loaded, everything is blocked.

Solution: Close manually DR and started again but today I saw that even doing so the 3ds Max session remained open and DR didn't loaded the new job as well....

2017-03-09, 12:53:01
Reply #39

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Sorry guys, what is this???

2017-03-09 11:38:49   Finished EXR dump after 0 s
2017-03-09 11:44:03   Received sampling focus mask
2017-03-09 12:03:51   Received sampling focus mask
2017-03-09 12:23:12   Received sampling focus mask

The DR servers don't do anything for about ten minutes after they received the sampling focus mask command... Is this normal?

2017-03-09, 14:41:51
Reply #40

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Today I am having a lot of problems with DR as you can see.... Now I get this:

2017-03-09 13:40:45   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:40:59   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:41:09   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:41:19   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:41:29   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:42:13   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:43:15   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:44:16   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:46:19   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:48:22   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 13:50:26   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:09:46   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:09:59   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:10:10   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:10:21   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:10:31   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:10:41   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:10:52   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:11:02   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:11:13   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:11:23   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:11:33   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:11:44   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:11:55   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:12:05   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:12:15   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:12:26   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:12:36   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:13:01   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:28:48   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:29:02   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:29:12   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:29:25   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:30:27   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:31:28   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:32:29   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:34:32   Sending file to remote side failed
2017-03-09 14:36:35   Sending file to remote side failed

Why this is happening? Network works perfectly!

2017-03-09, 14:50:58
Reply #41

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This means the connection is still open, but the master doesn't read messages from the slave. That's something that never happened to me ...
What do you see in DR tab on master? Can you please send me DR logs from the slave?

2017-03-09, 14:55:24
Reply #42

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
This means the connection is still open, but the master doesn't read messages from the slave. That's something that never happened to me ...
What do you see in DR tab on master? Can you please send me DR logs from the slave?

Thanks for getting back...

Can I post them here?

2017-03-09, 15:01:08
Reply #43

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure.

2017-03-09, 15:05:28
Reply #44

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

The problem is that the "master" is a server and not my main workstation and I have no DR tab to check as the work is submitted by Backburner and the render window is the 3ds Max's native one...  -.-

I posted today a question of how can I turn on Corona's VFB on the slaves as well cause usually I send the jobs via Backburner from my workstation to another server PC which uses DR to connect to the other slaves.

I'll send you now the DR logs from the slaves...

2017-03-09, 15:07:49
Reply #45

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Sure.

Here they are... (Attached)

2017-03-09, 15:53:41
Reply #46

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
I don't know if somebody already mentioned it but I can´t rescale or resize the corona vfb on a 4K monitor.

2017-03-09, 15:55:33
Reply #47

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I don't know if somebody already mentioned it but I can´t rescale or resize the corona vfb on a 4K monitor.

I post about it a lot of times... Unfortunately I have the same problem and is sooooooo hard to work on a preview of 600px    -.-

2017-03-09, 16:02:18
Reply #48

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks

I post about it a lot of times... Unfortunately I have the same problem and is sooooooo hard to work on a preview of 600px    -.-

I know it so frustrating!!! I working on a laptop instead of my desktop pc, is just a big waste of time, at least we have zoom now.

2017-03-09, 16:05:32
Reply #49

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I know it so frustrating!!! I working on a laptop instead of my desktop pc, is just a big waste of time, at least we have zoom now.

Yes, zoom is the only solution... :(

2017-03-09, 16:10:25
Reply #50

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I send to your support email the file which causes all the problems today... You could take a look if you want and see how DR reacts to your configuration.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-09, 16:35:21
Reply #51

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I send to your support email the file which causes all the problems today... You could take a look if you want and see how DR reacts to your configuration.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Thank you for the logs, they are very helpful!
Could you please send the scene to sevecek at corona-renderer.com ?

2017-03-09, 16:38:33
Reply #52

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Thank you for the logs, they are very helpful!
Could you please send the scene to sevecek at corona-renderer.com ?

Sent you the link via email! :)

Thanks!

2017-03-09, 16:58:54
Reply #53

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Unfortunately I am going back with the builds... The new DR doesn't work at the end. Plenty of problems.

I am sending you an image where you can see the situation: The rendering is finished and for 30 minutes everything seemed blocked. The DR servers are not capable to close properly the process and 3ds Max. At the end, after5 hours of calculation I lost the image as the process failed on everything... :(

I got a 3ds Max adapter error.

Hope guys can find a solution soon.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-09, 20:07:02
Reply #54

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
DR on render node seemed to be looping something and it failed at it every time. So DR would never start on the two latest daily builds (attachment 1 would keep popping up every minute or so).

Restarted everything, then this started to happen on the node when sending a normal job through backburner (had given up on DR). Attachment 2.

Rolled back to the 11/01/2017 daily where things worked before trying the new dailies, but now I get the same ram problem with DR (attachment 3.)

So let's try what worked this morning on the 11/01/2017 daily  (just sending job through backburner to the node), but nope... now textures are missing on certain objects all of a sudden! I'll try with a new scene when time allows - should have taken the advice on not to be messing with dailies on commercial projects. Lesson learned :)

2017-03-09, 20:51:08
Reply #55

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, zoom is the only solution... :(

there is another solution is to use the interative viewport but then you lose control over light mix within IR.

2017-03-09, 20:53:45
Reply #56

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

there is another solution is to use the interative viewport but then you lose control over light mix within IR.
[/quote]

yes and that what I use also but in a 4K resolution the IR viewport has a lot of pixels to render so is a bit slow in some cases... :(

2017-03-10, 03:09:38
Reply #57

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just noticed Renzo Piano using Corona, wait till I tell my friends who still use Vray haha

2017-03-14, 08:08:06
Reply #58

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
using 3/8.
Im getting a lot of crashing DR nodes at the end of the job that never clean up
have to kill drserver.exe and 3dsmax.exe and then restart drserver.exe

random amongst 10 assigned nodes.

Oh and 3dsmax will hard crash at the end of 1st frame trying to start 2nd frame  about 25% of the time

EDIT.
Just ran a long DR sequence on 4.5k animation. Crashes are up to about 50%. killing drserver and 3dsmax and relaunching drserver fixes it. It's a pretty light scene.

its rocking when it works. Over 2-2.2 hours as non DR frame, 4-5 minutes as DR frame with 15 nodes.
Using DR it hits the noise measure so much faster.
In other testing its 300-400% faster. Nice job guys. Just get it stable.

Only Error i get is
2017-03-15 07:16:27   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:11:19   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:11:13   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:00:15   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:00:16   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
and so on.

I have attached logs in progress. I have  routine that runs that kills drserver/3dsmax if its idle. so the log on nodes get reset often.
is there a more detailed option i can enable that would help?
hope there's something in the logs

« Last Edit: 2017-03-14, 22:56:06 by jacobhutson »

2017-03-14, 10:55:19
Reply #59

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I found another possible but though I didn't have much time to see to it much (unlike long-time dr not possible to close, and denoise/dr crash max now happens 100perc. time in every scene).

The DR now reacts to framebuffer region, but after closing said region, it failed to pick up whole buffer again. The passes kept coming in, but were not allocated everywhere...
Will test again.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-03-15, 02:41:56
Reply #60

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
getting these errors on dr nodes at random
2017-03-15 11:28:57   Downloaded scene: 48,267,264 bytes in 0 s
2017-03-15 11:29:02   Received sampling focus mask
2017-03-15 11:30:01   Started EXR dump (12,149,003 bytes, filename: C:/Users/render/AppData/Local/CoronaRenderer/DrData/dump3163.exr)
2017-03-15 11:30:01   Finished EXR dump after 0 s
2017-03-15 11:31:49   Received sampling focus mask
2017-03-15 11:33:07   Got a message from remote: terminate_soft
2017-03-15 11:33:17   DR is finished

2017-03-15 11:30:00  Rendering pass 117
2017-03-15 11:30:01  Rendering pass 118
2017-03-15 11:30:01  Rendering pass 119

2017/03/15 11:29:58 INF: [02568] [11172] CORONA : Rendering pass 112
2017/03/15 11:29:59 INF: [02568] [11172] CORONA : Rendering pass 113
2017/03/15 11:30:00 INF: [02568] [11172] CORONA : Rendering pass 114
2017/03/15 11:30:00 INF: [02568] [11172] CORONA : Rendering pass 115

2017-03-15 11:20:30   Sending file to remote side failed

2017-03-15, 06:10:18
Reply #61

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
closing DR server does not terminate the max session it starts - !!!!!!!!!
so when it restarts it starts a new max PID. Bound to lead to memory leaks/crashes

it closes the max if it hasnt done anything. but if it renders it doesnt unload.

2017-03-15, 08:47:58
Reply #62

3dcorner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I can confirm that DR slave 3ds max process stay without answer after host finish rendering and cannot start next job. I run renders through backburner (grrr..!!!).... so it starts on render node and after I finish work on workstation I run DR server and workstation start as render node for render node - heh complicated but I assume you will understand it :)

I attached today morning screenshot from render node computer which host DR renders over the night. DR server 3ds max process of course keep no answer but DR host is with out answer as well from 3 hours. Reders reach one of two limits or maybe booth at the same time - 200 passes or 3.0 noise level. I cannot even save it now :(

Tom

2017-03-16, 23:53:56
Reply #63

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
deadline is not upto 1.6, they are working on it fast.
you can disable sending parameters to max which lets you submit the job.
goto options in SMTD and turn off EXPORT RENDER SPECIFIC ADVANCED SETTINGS
you cant then change parameters in deadline, but they are working on it

with 15/3
DRserver seems to be ending the 3dsmax process now.
and seems significantly more stable than 8/3, had almost no issues (not none) with a render job

2017-03-17, 00:37:12
Reply #64

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

with 15/3
and seems significantly more stable than 8/3, had almost no issues (not none) with a render job

VEEERY helpful///
Thanks///

2017-03-17, 06:40:50
Reply #65

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

with 15/3

there is a huge difference between rendering a couple of chairs and a real world project, how big is that job you tested on? because on my jobs it fails unless I make a small scene with a couch only for testing..etc...

2017-03-18, 19:49:39
Reply #66

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Installing latest daily introduced even more bugs : /.

Dr server status "Uknown, didn't respon in xyz seconds", CoronaLog states connection to DrServer was successful though.
'Cannot cancel' bug got more severe, before it would sometimes work, now it works never :- ) when pressing it in framebuffer, although cancel with max tab works.

Bugs unrelated to latest daily:

- Fail to allocate ram. Scenes that perfectly fit within, will fail to allocate some absurd small number. Happens at random.
- Master PC fails to keep searching after DR fails. Will simply write 'closed' and that's it.

Can provide a scene of course.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-18, 20:09:02 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-03-21, 12:11:54
Reply #67

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile

with 15/3

not very, it was a production scene, i ran this on two different jobs, one low by normal standards, the other chock full of trees and grass and stuff. using every speck of ram in the render nodes (32gb)

so to me it fixed an immediate issue of being able to send the jobs.
I think i may of been lucky with the stability. seems lots of people were still having dr issues with 15/3.

there is a huge difference between rendering a couple of chairs and a real world project, how big is that job you tested on? because on my jobs it fails unless I make a small scene with a couch only for testing..etc...

2017-03-23, 09:53:31
Reply #68

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The new build contains a lot of DR bugfixes. Can anyone confirm if it is working without problems now?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-23, 10:29:48
Reply #69

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
The new build contains a lot of DR bugfixes. Can anyone confirm if it is working without problems now?

I'll send a couple of Bacburner jobs in a few minutes. I'll let you know! :)

2017-03-23, 11:44:27
Reply #70

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

For now everything works fine!!!! No errors and the DR servers work at 100%
Good job guys!

2017-03-23, 19:06:26
Reply #71

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
glad to hear that! Anyone else tried it? It is crucial for us to fix the last bugs before the 1.6 release

2017-03-24, 03:38:13
Reply #72

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
m 2017+22/3 version w 10 nodes
on real scene, with everything scene converted using tool and saved as m17
pressing stop seems to make it hang
pressing cancel does not

i get the collecting samples from dr slaves message that never goes away and you have to hard kill max.
doesn't happen all the time, annoyinbg enough.

2017-03-24, 11:30:58
Reply #73

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
pressing cancel does not

i get the collecting samples from dr slaves message that never goes away and you have to hard kill max.

Could you send me minidump when this freeze occurs?

2017-03-24, 13:48:51
Reply #74

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
pressing cancel does not

I had those issues in the past but with the latest build everything works fine. Sorry to hear this... :(

2017-03-25, 09:39:11
Reply #75

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
\\ Fixed master sometimes not finding slaves when searching LAN  ( still not finding all slaves )

this is the backburner side...

I sent 5-6 job through the backburner.I had the cancel them all on backburner.Because when the job finishes at the save as jpeg part I get not responding.All screen halted.

« Last Edit: 2017-03-25, 11:03:50 by tolgahan »
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2017-03-25, 18:42:54
Reply #76

Renovacio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona DRserver with last daily build created very very big DrLog file on renderslaves and take all free space on HDD\SDD. Like 49 gb. After that crash!!!! it is look like "max directory size" don"t work.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-26, 11:30:06 by Renovacio »

2017-03-27, 13:02:24
Reply #77

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Unfortunately I have a negative update:

I had a new VR image to be calculated during the weekend but in all tries Backburner gave me an error:
2017/03/23 23:53:28 ERR: [04516] [01864] An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating.

The rendering arrived to the end succesfully but during the saving period, boom!

Resolution was 8192x8192 and 3 DR servers were working together for it.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-28, 00:44:33
Reply #78

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
random passes, 8GB of sent scenes that i need to manually delete, which is a lot for 120GB SSD, and a crash on the second rendering try.

2017-03-28, 01:16:30
Reply #79

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
random passes, 8GB of sent scenes that i need to manually delete, which is a lot for 120GB SSD, and a crash on the second rendering try.

Could you please upload a minidump of the crash?

2017-03-28, 02:51:03
Reply #80

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
here it is.

2017-03-28, 07:04:39
Reply #81

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Installing latest daily introduced even more bugs : /.

Dr server status "Uknown, didn't respon in xyz seconds", CoronaLog states connection to DrServer was successful though.
'Cannot cancel' bug got more severe, before it would sometimes work, now it works never :- ) when pressing it in framebuffer, although cancel with max tab works.

Bugs unrelated to latest daily:

- Fail to allocate ram. Scenes that perfectly fit within, will fail to allocate some absurd small number. Happens at random.
- Master PC fails to keep searching after DR fails. Will simply write 'closed' and that's it.

Had the same problem as Juraj with 03.23 build, on the slave machine.
Reverted to daily build of 01.09, same scene is rendering perfectly fine.

2017-03-28, 12:54:05
Reply #82

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
here it is.
Hi, can you update your 3dsmax and try again? You are using older 2017 version, so we cannot look at the minidump

2017-03-28, 12:56:45
Reply #83

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Does anyone know if Corona DR in latest Daily still downloads textures even if they are perfectly mapped ?

(Or maybe I don't understand this feature correctly... is "downloading textures" simply loading them in Max, or is this asset collection to local disc on node ?)

2017-03-28, 13:15:59
Reply #84

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if Corona DR in latest Daily still downloads textures even if they are perfectly mapped ?

(Or maybe I don't understand this feature correctly... is "downloading textures" simply loading them in Max, or is this asset collection to local disc on node ?)
the workflow should be: slave downloads scene, checks if all textures are present, and downloads only specifically those that are missing. If it is downloading more than it should, then:
1) either slaves do not see textures, either because of user error (network drive not available, ...), or because of bug in corona - the scene would render with gray mtls if textures were not downloaded
2) or slaves download unnecessary textures - this is possible if you for example have some non-shared textures on invisible objects, or they are somehow stuck in 3dsmax (IIRC it can be difficult to get 3dsmax rid of missing files warnings).

Can you confirm this is the #1 case - that the textures downloaded are properly visible from slaves, and necessary for rendering?

2017-03-28, 13:21:08
Reply #85

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

the workflow should be: slave downloads scene, checks if all textures are present, and downloads only specifically those that are missing. If it is downloading more than it should, then:
1) either slaves do not see textures, either because of user error (network drive not available, ...), or because of bug in corona - the scene would render with gray mtls if textures were not downloaded
2) or slaves download unnecessary textures - this is possible if you for example have some non-shared textures on invisible objects, or they are somehow stuck in 3dsmax (IIRC it can be difficult to get 3dsmax rid of missing files warnings).

Can you confirm this is the #1 case - that the textures downloaded are properly visible from slaves, and necessary for rendering?

Can absolutely confirm 1. Every single map is network mapped (basic, non-UNC), drive is visible, and scene renders directly without issue.

It still renders without issue in DR, I just thought this collection slowed it by 1-2 minutes. But I am not on latest DR yet ! So thus asking others :- ) I know others have mentioned this in main thread.

2017-03-28, 17:41:06
Reply #86

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Unfortunately I have a negative update:

I had a new VR image to be calculated during the weekend but in all tries Backburner gave me an error:

2017/03/23 23:53:28 ERR: [04516] [01864] An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating.

The rendering arrived to the end succesfully but during the saving period, boom!

Resolution was 8192x8192 and 3 DR servers were working together for it.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

I get always this error!!!! The DR servers fail at the end of the job and they start all over again...  -.-

2017-03-28, 17:50:28
Reply #87

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So this is a problem on DR slaves? Is Master working properly?

2017-03-28, 18:04:48
Reply #88

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Is complicated to answer...

I am in a very tight deadline and the Master workstation is not participating in these DR jobs. I have 2 DR slaves for this and I sent the Backburner Job to one of them which via DR is connected to the second one. Simple setup, nothing strange... But I don't know if my Master PC could give the same errors as I use it right now with IR, modelling, texturing,ecc and everything is fine.

2017-03-28, 18:13:20
Reply #89

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I sent  a job to backburner but render doesnt start in 27.03.2017 version.Having the same problem with this daily build.

It's time to go back to 13 th Dec. version :)

2017-03-28, 18:17:27
Reply #90

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I am in a very tight deadline and the Master workstation is not participating in these DR jobs. I have 2 DR slaves for this and I sent the Backburner Job to one of them which via DR is connected to the second one. Simple setup, nothing strange... But I don't know if my Master PC could give the same errors as I use it right now with IR, modelling, texturing,ecc and everything is fine.

The images have a VR format 8192x8192.
But all the 3507px are rendered fine without errors!

2017-03-29, 14:26:01
Reply #91

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

For now DR continuously gives me the same error via Backburner, adapter error etc,etc, etc... only in very high resolutions!
3507px works perfectly while 8192px not.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-29, 19:55:27
Reply #92

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For now DR continuously gives me the same error via Backburner, adapter error etc,etc, etc... only in very high resolutions!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Good thing it's reproducible. Could you please check if a minidump file was created on the machine where backburner failed?
If not, it would be very helpful if you could try the render without backburner, by directly connecting to DR slave(s).
Also, could you send me logs from the crashing machine? Corona logs in particular (CoronaMax201* files). Thank you.

2017-03-29, 19:57:28
Reply #93

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I sent  a job to backburner but render doesnt start in 27.03.2017 version.Having the same problem with this daily build.

It's time to go back to 13 th Dec. version :)

Is the DR working if you don't use Backburner? Are there some warnings/errors in Backburner logs?

2017-03-29, 21:00:02
Reply #94

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Hope you're quick on the thank you button because this will blow your mind: this has been happening to me since the beginning. what you do is move your vray plugins from ther plugin folder (2 plugins and the vray folder) and render on the backburner, it will render but you will get an error notification when you open max, then when done move them back.
the vray plugins crash corona maybe, I don't use it of course you can't use it unless it is activated, but you need it there to switch all vray materials into corona ones via the script.

2017-03-29, 21:29:50
Reply #95

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Hope you're quick on the thank you button because this will blow your mind: this has been happening to me since the beginning. what you do is move your vray plugins from ther plugin folder (2 plugins and the vray folder) and render on the backburner, it will render but you will get an error notification when you open max, then when done move them back.
the vray plugins crash corona maybe, I don't use it of course you can't use it unless it is activated, but you need it there to switch all vray materials into corona ones via the script.
[/quote]

Thanks in advance for now! :)
What I can't understand is why this happens with the very high res images and not with the lower ones + only with the latest daily builds...
Probably I should give a try but not this week. I am very tight with a deadline and I'll install the build which was every stable here.

Thanks for your support and in any case I'll let you know!!!! ;-)

2017-03-29, 21:58:06
Reply #96

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

What I can't understand is why this happens with the very high res images and not with the lower ones + only with the latest daily builds...
Probably I should give a try but not this week. I am very tight with a deadline and I'll install the build which was every stable here.

Was there a build with new DR where the large images (8192x8192) rendered without problem?

2017-03-29, 22:11:16
Reply #97

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Was there a build with new DR where the large images (8192x8192) rendered without problem?

No unfortunately, was the 09/01 if I am not wrong.

2017-03-29, 23:00:53
Reply #98

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
how much ram do you have on the machines? I rendered 8000 pixels wide and almost maxed 64GB,
Thanks

2017-03-29, 23:06:45
Reply #99

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
how much ram do you have on the machines? I rendered 8000 pixels wide and almost maxed 64GB,
Thanks

It's not at all a ram problem. I rendered the same image with the 09/01 build without any issues. I thought about the ram too but when I checked during the rendering the SW was using 24GB on 64GB. I also rendered the same images at 3507px resolution without issues as well... The 8K ones don't want to be saved. Everything goes well and fast but at the end the DR system seems blocked from something, arrived at 100% and doesn't do anything. After several minutes I get the error... I hope to find the time to send the minidump file.

2017-03-29, 23:10:28
Reply #100

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I took a look at theDrLog.txt file and I found this:

2017-03-28 22:41:00   DR is finished
2017-03-28 22:41:00   Ready for new connection
2017-03-28 22:41:59   Received invalid message from master: Q£áh . Make sure you have the same version on Master and Slave.
2017-03-28 22:42:24   Accepted remote connection from 10.0.10.119

this is very stange as the installed version is exactly the same!!!! O.o

2017-03-30, 01:26:26
Reply #101

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-28 22:41:59   Received invalid message from master: Q£áh . Make sure you have the same version on Master and Slave.

Sorry about that, this is only a bad error, it doesn't affect DR server in any way.
Could you look into Corona logs on the machine running backburner?

2017-03-30, 02:06:00
Reply #102

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Sorry about that, this is only a bad error, it doesn't affect DR server in any way.
Could you look into Corona logs on the machine running backburner?

You mean the DRlog right?

The master machine have this

2017-03-28 10:35:32   DR server started
2017-03-28 10:35:32   Binded to localhost
2017-03-28 10:35:32   Running Corona DrServer build Mar 27 2017 on TCP/UDP ports 19668, loopback TCP/UDP19667
2017-03-28 10:35:32   Available 3dsmax versions:
2017-03-28 10:35:32   2017: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2017/
2017-03-28 10:35:32   Running command:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\3dsmaxcmd.exe" "C:\Users\dtsagkaropoulos\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer\DrData\corona_dr.max"  -continueOnError -gammaCorrection:1 -rfw:1 -sf -v:5  -postRenderScript:"C:\Users\dtsagkaropoulos\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer\DrData\post.ms"
2017-03-28 10:35:38   Received invalid message from master: Q£áh. Make sure you have the same version on Master and Slave.
2017-03-28 10:35:40   Started loopback connection with 3ds max
2017-03-28 10:35:41   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-28 10:35:41   3dsMax started successfully
2017-03-28 11:47:43   Received invalid message from master: Q£áhúKÌûKàûKÅX0w|¨ˆþÿÿÿ4,w14,ww. Make sure you have the same version on Master and Slave.
2017-03-28 15:00:03   Received invalid message from master: Q£áh¸Í4,wàûKÅX0w|¨ˆþÿÿÿ4,w8>ÍPÊ. Make sure you have the same version on Master and Slave.
2017-03-28 15:04:13   Closed loopback socket

As for the DRServer I attached the file here as it contains a lot of data.

Thanks!

2017-03-30, 02:22:58
Reply #103

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I meant the log from your master, the machine that starts the DR. If I understand your setup, you have PC1 from which you connect to PC2 via backburner. PC2 then starts the DR on slaves PC3, ... And then when the render ends, 3ds Max on PC2 crashes and reports the error in backburner log, is that right? I'd like to see the Corona logs from PC2. They should be stored in the config directory (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2017 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona)

2017-03-30, 02:30:31
Reply #104

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I meant the log from your master, the machine that starts the DR. If I understand your setup, you have PC1 from which you connect to PC2 via backburner. PC2 then starts the DR on slaves PC3, ... And then when the render ends, 3ds Max on PC2 crashes and reports the error in backburner log, is that right? I'd like to see the Corona logs from PC2. They should be stored in the config directory (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2017 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona)

Yes it's right and I am sorry for the wrong file.
Here are the 3 log files found in the folder of "PC2".

Thanks again,

Dionysios -

2017-04-02, 10:25:51
Reply #105

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
same problem again...

When i send a job to backburner it doesnt start render.

it looks on screen as if it started but max doesnt run.When i do restart job on backburner it starts rendering.

and second biggest problem.

when it was time to save rendering part frame buffer screen is crashed every time..backburner is very important.

when i go back to december 13 version i get no problems

and what are the grey on greys in the dr tab.

search lan still not found all slaves.

nothing is fixed altough tyey were said to have been fixed :(

we cant use this version full off beauties :(

2017-04-02, 11:46:43
Reply #106

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

when it was time to save rendering part frame buffer screen is crashed every time..

I mentioned this a few times about a month ago :)

2017-04-02, 12:01:01
Reply #107

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

when it was time to save rendering part frame buffer screen is crashed every time..

All these issue with DR are so strange!

Now I rendered everything with the latest build! 6 images at 7.100px resolution all rendered without issues.
The only thing I noticed, when the process arrives to 100% the master PC waits too long to save the final images.

For the rest seems ok.

2017-04-02, 13:52:57
Reply #108

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Now I rendered everything with the latest build! 6 images at 7.100px resolution all rendered without issues.
The only thing I noticed, when the process arrives to 100% the master PC waits too long to save the final images.

For the rest seems ok.

Its been an hour but still not recording.
Maybe not saving on network.

I try with 20 slave machine.
There is no time to do combination and find the problem
Short tests sometimes give good results but 3-4 hour renders are crashed like this.
I dont know what to do It takes time to go back and setup daily build version.

2017-04-02, 14:07:22
Reply #109

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

For the rest seems ok.

Short tests sometimes give good results but 3-4 hour renders are crashed like this.

Tell the truth the renders that were successful to me where under 3 hours of calculation.

2017-04-02, 14:41:27
Reply #110

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

For the rest seems ok.

Tell the truth the renders that were successful to me where under 3 hours of calculation.

3 hours is enought to get good results.

I am doing another test I will send 6,5k screenshot.

I think I have found where the problem comes from.
PUBLIC sharing folder was off in one ıf the slave machines.I will test after I turn it on.I think it crashes when It cant connect the users.

2017-04-03, 05:45:14
Reply #111

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

3 hours is enought to get good results.

I am doing another test I will send 6,5k screenshot.

I think I have found where the problem comes from.
PUBLIC sharing folder was off in one ıf the slave machines.I will test after I turn it on.I think it crashes when It cant connect the users.
[/quote]

Cool project!

2017-04-03, 12:57:11
Reply #112

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
After a while having no chance to test DBs, I tried 17-03-31 right now with 2 random nodes., Max 2016 SP4 | Windows 10. And I have to say it´s not yet usable for us at the moment :[ Here are the issues:

1. DrServer.exe is still sucking CPU when idle. When I start DrServer.exe it takes about 3% permanent load on a dual xeon and 12-13% on a i7, one logical processor is allways busy.

2. While DrServer window reports status of memory and the max process state correctly when rendering, the master cVFB doesn´t receive any status messages but instead always reports memory 0/0 and "not running". However, nodes render and contribute, the "Updates" and "Passes" values are correct.

Edit: This is/was because of the automatic conversion of the existing nodelist in a scene which consists of nodenames here, not IP adresses. Corona 1.6 puts the node entries from older scenes into the "IP" column regardless if it´s a name or IP adress. This way DR is possible but apparently not receiving any status messages. I was not able to correct the nodelist manually (why the heck am I not allowed to edit it?) but "search lan" created a new one. However I was again not able to sort the resulting list so it´s messy now and there are slaves missing. Did not tried the "from file" option, last hope to get a sane list of nodes again.

Edit2: Additionally I even cannot see the slave numer in the DR tab because "search lan" seems to use the fully qualified domain name of the node. What´s so important about IP adresses? :) (see image)

3. I also get a maxscript popup from post.ms when closing DrServer window with highlight in line 19

4. I got a "Cannot bind to discovery port (UDP 19668)" in the log of Drserver on my box (strangely not that error box at startup) and thus it does not spawn any max instance and refuses to work. The port seems to be bound by the (new) licensing server. At least a "netstat -aon" reveals the PID of licensingserver.exe here. So it´s not possible for me to run drserver.exe and licensingserver.exe simultaneously. When I shut down the license server I can use DrServer.
What I´ve tried so far:

- Applied all available updates (one slave + master only)
- Switched Firewalls off
- Rebooted nodes
- Different user accounts for drserver
- Checked logs - nothing suspicious
- Changed master <-> slave role

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2017-04-03, 17:01:40 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-04-03, 16:49:12
Reply #113

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

when it was time to save rendering part frame buffer screen is crashed every time..backburner is very important.

Could you send me the minidump from the crash?

2017-04-03, 16:55:14
Reply #114

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Edit: This is/was because of the automatic conversion of the existing nodelist in a scene which consists of nodenames here, not IP adresses. Corona 1.6 puts the node entries from older scenes into the "IP" column regardless if it´s a name or IP adress. This way DR is possible but apparently not receiving any status messages. I was not able to correct the nodelist manually (why the heck am I not allowed to edit it?) but "search lan" created a new one. However I was again not able to sort the resulting list so it´s messy now and there are slaves missing. Did not tried the "from file" option, last hope to get a sane list of nodes again.

You can edit nodes just like you edit file names, by two clicks (not double-click).

2017-04-03, 17:14:27
Reply #115

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You can edit nodes just like you edit file names, by two clicks (not double-click).

I can edit the IP column yes, but not the name. I presume you just resolve the IP and fill in the name you get. But I´d like to use the hostname in the IP column to have a sorted list (by nodename, not by IPs which are dynamically to some extend anyway here because they are DHCP leases). It apears to me a little bit too complicated now. The old system (using names when they can be resolved or IPs if not) combined with the new checkboxes would have been perfect (?). But for sure you have your reasons.

Other way round: Why does it not work to have the slave status inside cVFB when I use a nodelist like

"node-01
node-02
node-03"

as IP adress? As mentioned, DR works but then I get no status from slaves in DR tab.

Good Luck

2017-04-03, 17:28:30
Reply #116

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I can edit the IP column yes, but not the name. I presume you just resolve the IP and fill in the name you get. But I´d like to use the hostname in the IP column to have a sorted list (by nodename, not by IPs which are dynamically to some extend anyway here because they are DHCP leases). It apears to me a little bit too complicated now. The old system (using names when they can be resolved or IPs if not) combined with the new checkboxes would have been perfect (?). But for sure you have your reasons.

Other way round: Why does it not work to have the slave status inside cVFB when I use a nodelist like

"node-01
node-02
node-03"

as IP adress? As mentioned, DR works but then I get no status from slaves in DR tab.

Good Luck

Yep, I'll fix the status reporting when using hostname instead of IP addresses. The second column in the table are resolved names, IMHO it doesn't make sense to edit them.

2017-04-03, 18:20:14
Reply #117

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yep, I'll fix the status reporting when using hostname instead of IP addresses. The second column in the table are resolved names, IMHO it doesn't make sense to edit them.

Cool if you are able to fix the status system using hostnames only, I feared the resolved name is somehow basically required for it to run, thank you! This way we will be able to have a sorted node list again and to read the name in the DR tab. But others who just press "Search Lan" maybe not.

IMHO the IP adress could be completely removed from the DR tab so that only the resolved hostname is visible (and in this case it can even be the FQHN - enough space there).

Good Luck

2017-04-03, 18:44:15
Reply #118

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Could you send me the minidump from the crash?

As I said before the only thing I can think of is when render finishes onn backburner  and collect data on slave machines backburner was crashing down.

Therefore I got connected from backburner machine to all slave machines.Only  one of them asked username and password.

as it seems we can render well on backburner.As I have never had such problems in 13 th december daily version.I always thought corona was causing problems.When I turned on the sharing problem dissappered.

2017-04-03, 22:50:19
Reply #119

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yep, I'll fix the status reporting when using hostname instead of IP addresses.

Damn - you are fast! All nodes sitting idle now, no CPU load at all. Nodenames are clearly readable when using DR and they are fast to business after canceling a job and a re-render like it was never before.

I am awestruck, congrats. Especially because of fixing the idle load issue which prevented us from using DBs in production. It almost feels like a RC1 now.

What´s left to suggest is, that colums could be switched in the "Distributed Rendering" flyout so that "Resolved Name" comes first - IPs are for nerds 8]

Good Luck

2017-04-03, 22:57:13
Reply #120

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
glad to hear that! Yes, we are very close to RC1, so please, test if you can, to verify everything is A++ ;)

2017-04-03, 23:05:00
Reply #121

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Will do - as of now we will switch to 1.6, gn8 and

Good Luck

2017-04-03, 23:11:14
Reply #122

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Will do - as of now we will switch to 1.6, gn8 and

Good Luck

So glad to read all this! Great job guys and

Good Luck
« Last Edit: 2017-04-03, 23:55:57 by Dionysios.TS »

2017-04-03, 23:55:30
Reply #123

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
memory management and backburner running perfectly...Excellent work.

I tested it on a crowded scene and the result is very fast and good

2017-04-04, 07:59:49
Reply #124

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona 2017_03_31
 Is this version the latest daily build ?

2017-04-04, 08:12:56
Reply #125

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile

2017-04-04, 08:17:52
Reply #126

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-04-04, 08:37:04
Reply #127

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Strange, in fact it´s gone from Dropbox. Maybe it went disguising as RC1 now :)

Good Luck

2017-04-04, 08:45:58
Reply #128

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I accidentally deleted it. now it is restored

2017-04-04, 08:53:47
Reply #129

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks.

2017-04-04, 10:32:26
Reply #130

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Isn't this the moment where also DR passes should be used for recalculating adaptivity? Adaptivity is enabled now on slaves but still only local passes are used? Or should we lower the recalculation passes when heavily using DR? Last frame I rendered were 360 passes DR vs. 3 local passes :) So not even once adaptivity was recalculated and my noise stop condition in this case ... well you can imagine.

Good Luck

2017-04-04, 11:28:01
Reply #131

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
AFAIK it will now use all information to calculate adaptivity, but only after 5 passes are computed locally. We will fix this after other bugs in DR are gone

2017-04-06, 00:21:24
Reply #132

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
DR memory allocation crashes should be fixed in the newest daily, try it out!

2017-04-06, 09:20:34
Reply #133

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
DR memory allocation crashes should be fixed in the newest daily, try it out!

Just tried with the scene that was causing the memory allocation error, looks like all good now. Thanks.

2017-04-08, 19:27:36
Reply #134

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Search LAN not working...It only shows only 10 slave machine

2017-04-08, 20:27:26
Reply #135

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the pass numbers are wrong.The result and the pass number do not correct.

2017-04-08, 21:10:23
Reply #136

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Doesn't start the other backburner job ? And 3dsmax.exe  is still running.This version is more problematic than the April 3 version.

None of these problems existed in the April 3 daily build version.

2017-04-10, 09:51:43
Reply #137

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1400 pass :)

With this pass, this result can be verified ? Can I be doing something wrong ? I use hdri on my scene

2017-04-10, 10:00:43
Reply #138

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is just one pass made by your main pc, all the other passes are black blank passes made by your render nodes. I have been talking about this issue for 2 months. I think Ondra should hire a high caliber artist and task him with testing Corona on very large scenes on a network of 10 to 20 render nodes.

2017-04-10, 10:32:04
Reply #139

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Can confirm that number of passes done by the slave shows random numbers. Currently rendering a scene on 2x2670 as a master + 4770k as a slave, and total amount of passes is 75 (DR:61) highly doubt that my slave is 4 times faster than the master.

2017-04-10, 11:45:28
Reply #140

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can confirm that number of passes done by the slave shows random numbers. Currently rendering a scene on 2x2670 as a master + 4770k as a slave, and total amount of passes is 75 (DR:61) highly doubt that my slave is 4 times faster than the master.

I've disabled the pass section.I get all the visuals time adjusted.

2017-04-10, 12:16:34
Reply #141

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I've disabled the pass section.I get all the visuals time adjusted.

can you please elaborate what you did and if it fixed the issue? this bug plagued me for weeks! if you solved it then we need to get you a prize :)

2017-04-10, 13:08:40
Reply #142

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Anyone still having the DR empty/black passes problem - could you please describe your setup/problem in as much detail as possible? Unfortunately we weren't able to reproduce this issue yet, so this is currently a severe case of shotgun debugging.
  • Do you use just the Corona DR or Backburner or something else?
  • Are there any errors/warnings displayed on master/slaves during the rendering?
  • Please double check that you have a Corona license activated on the slaves.
  • Please check that both master and all the slaves are running the same version of Corona
  • Please send us all logs from master and the slaves.
  • If possible, please save the EXRs generated on slaves and send them to us.
  • Do you use any firewall?
  • Are the slaves on the same local network as the master?

Also please let us know if this was happening to you in the past and has been fixed.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10, 13:23:48 by Ryuu »

2017-04-10, 16:31:59
Reply #143

ts_berlin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

no Region-Rendering with DR, is it true?

EDIT:
OOps...now it works, I have to restart the slaves!

beste, Thomas
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10, 16:35:43 by ts_berlin »

2017-04-10, 23:25:39
Reply #144

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is just one pass made by your main pc, all the other passes are black blank passes made by your render nodes. I have been talking about this issue for 2 months. I think Ondra should hire a high caliber artist and task him with testing Corona on very large scenes on a network of 10 to 20 render nodes.

What kind of lighting do you have in your scene? Are you using some native 3ds Max lights?

2017-04-12, 14:55:23
Reply #145

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
From changelog:

"DR reverted back to rendering whole passes on slaves"

Somehow... I like that very much! Will that option (full frame by default + option for stripes) be present in the release?

Finally we can have the situation that 1DR pass = 1 local pass, period. No banding, even low pass DR rendering is consistent this way no matter which nodes (slower/faster) contribute.

Not sure about the sampling focus mask though. It always looks much noisier and less blurred compared to single node rendering? To my understanding the mask is generated by the master and periodically distributed to the slaves so there should be no such big difference?

Good Luck

2017-04-12, 22:42:49
Reply #146

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From changelog:

Somehow... I like that very much! Will that option (full frame by default + option for stripes) be present in the release?

Finally we can have the situation that 1DR pass = 1 local pass, period. No banding, even low pass DR rendering is consistent this way no matter which nodes (slower/faster) contribute.

I agree,
if I knew this was the case I would've guessed it was the reason for black passes quickly, as I tried backburner strips a long time ago and they came out black,
There is one major problem with strips I think! when I render a 6000 pixels image it takes 2 hrs, when I render a quarter of it in a region it takes a third of the time not quarter. when I render a selected item in an animation the frame takes 5 minutes for the small very small element, while the whole scene took 10 minutes originally. I think Corona is optimised to calculate the whole scene it calculates everything, but when you slice and dice you pay a speed penalty because it has to calculate some hidden items to do it's lighting and reflections etc... so my opinion is strips is overall going to be slower! please correect me on this if my guesses are wrong.

2017-04-12, 23:27:10
Reply #147

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
From changelog:

I agree,
if I knew this was the case I would've guessed it was the reason for black passes quickly, as I tried backburner strips a long time ago and they came out black,
There is one major problem with strips I think! when I render a 6000 pixels image it takes 2 hrs, when I render a quarter of it in a region it takes a third of the time not quarter. when I render a selected item in an animation the frame takes 5 minutes for the small very small element, while the whole scene took 10 minutes originally. I think Corona is optimised to calculate the whole scene it calculates everything, but when you slice and dice you pay a speed penalty because it has to calculate some hidden items to do it's lighting and reflections etc... so my opinion is strips is overall going to be slower! please correect me on this if my guesses are wrong.

I thought it was always rendering true full passes just sending them out in strips to save bandwidth, so slicing them up somewhere in process ?

I always cranked up the pixel amount to get full passes, I rather value immediate visual feedback.

My nodes always report passes correctly to Master:Node performance ratio. But I always wanted to check if 100 Master slaves passes equaled 100 (Master+Nodes) passes in visual clarity. I just don't have patience or time to test this stuff :- )

2017-04-13, 01:12:55
Reply #148

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
it calculates everything

Hmm, with some view dependend exceptions like displacement (or forest objects with visibility check) for example maybe. But today I learned that in fact it currently it works like this:

always rendering true full passes just sending them out in strips to save bandwidth

Problem now is the sampling focus mask generated when using DR: It seems strange to me, it's very noisy and thus can cause additional noise apparently. In the images you can see the mask (1:1) and a comparison of the result (4:1) with and without adaptivity. It should be exactly the other way round :)

But I always wanted to check if 100 Master slaves passes equaled 100 (Master+Nodes) passes in visual clarity.

This is what me and others here would love to have since the time adaptivity was implemented and switched off later on slaves. Maybe slaves should just calculate their own mask, they render fully anyway now :)

Good Luck

2017-04-13, 01:46:33
Reply #149

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
ha, that's a big difference.

In theory, shouldn't the current solution eventually provide superior result further in rendering ? Initial render mask will provide noisier result, but eventually master will send up more precise mask than render slaves would have generated by themselves.
Or maybe that's wrong...

2017-04-13, 12:39:35
Reply #150

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
shouldn't the current solution eventually provide superior result further in rendering ?

Superior to what? Or do you refer to the last sentence? If so, maybe I should also use sarcasm tags next time ;].

Imho you are right, there should be no difference if calculating the mask from 50 local or DR passes so that we really are able to get 100 passes DR + master visually equal to 100 local passes. But maybe that´s not even possible for some reason. Anyhow, this was my understanding about this matter as well.

But I fear this is all dabbler talk - we have so wait for the holy, busy devs to judge this :)

Good Luck

2017-04-14, 15:41:36
Reply #151

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC5 fixed some problems with adaptivity, now there should be no difference between mask computed locally and mask computed from DR passes.

2017-04-15, 00:35:16
Reply #152

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nightmarish results.New problems arise constantly.Especially backburner side.Stop button does not work intermittently.I put time limit  , but render continues even though the time limit is over.
Every day is getting more and more insoluble.

I am sorry :(

In April 7th daily build version , these scenes were working perfectly...

2017-04-15, 14:09:57
Reply #153

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC6 daily build and 2017 max///
Problem with wrong slave massages///
After some passes slaves report /waiting for render start/ and continue to rendering///

2017-04-15, 18:37:23
Reply #154

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
confirm same here

2017-04-16, 16:16:25
Reply #155

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think Corona renderer is the best renderer

BUT

I cant get how 6 april and even 13 december version could be better than rc6.

The scene I always use passes parsing part with rc6 in 1-3 hours

It takes the slaves to start rendering apprx. 3 hours ( only parsing part )

I tried everything I opened a new scene and merged again ( reset all settings )

NOW...

Right now I get 7k render with 6 april version in 3 hours and everything is perfect. ( Only problems in backburner )

Arent there any people in your team to test these ( huge scenes , different config machines , backburner jobs , )

Especially DR & Backburner

We've been talking about these for about a year

There should be a big scene to be tested with renderfarm  on different machines.If it goes on like this with users reviews it will go up to rc120 :)

I cant report better because we try to complete the projects we have :(

You may say dont work with these daily build versions.So What do you recommend ?

I LIKE CORONA LOT

but I still think the usefull part should be improved.

I wish we could participate more to help you sort out these problems.

If you wonder Why I am sometimes very negative because I started working with corona and threw away 40 Vray license.Therefore I expect the problems to be solved.

« Last Edit: 2017-04-16, 16:23:04 by tolgahan »

2017-04-16, 21:44:36
Reply #156

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A strange thing that can somehow help to improve the DR mode in the future/
I was install 1.6 rc6 on new clean installation of Windows 10 with correct configuration for network render /later this was perfectly rendering with Vray DR/ on my new computer, and get DR slave dead///
etc. it's starting server and max, but with hit render on master machine it's not doing nothing,---- not downloading scene, not starting parsing, nothing, simple idle---////
In DR setting's on master always OK/// Master was founding the  slave in DR tab with name and IP /With license also always OK///
After installing 1.5 2 hotfix version and than again installed 1.6 rc6 version the slave starting rendering///
What thing exist in DR system in 1.5.2 version, Which is not exist in 1.6 RC6, that not clean Even during installation of new version's??? :))
« Last Edit: 2017-04-16, 23:39:48 by denisgo22 »

2017-04-16, 22:16:00
Reply #157

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Both render slaves themselves and Master report slaves as "Waiting for start of render".

But they're rendering...and adding passes just fine :- ).

2017-04-16, 23:41:09
Reply #158

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Both render slaves themselves and Master report slaves as "Waiting for start of render".

Agree//

2017-04-17, 02:03:42
Reply #159

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was install 1.6 rc6 on new clean installation of Windows 10 with correct configuration for network render /later this was perfectly rendering with Vray DR/ on my new computer, and get DR slave dead///
etc. it's starting server and max, but with hit render on master machine it's not doing nothing,---- not downloading scene, not starting parsing, nothing, simple idle---////
In DR setting's on master always OK/// Master was founding the  slave in DR tab with name and IP /With license also always OK///
After installing 1.5 2 hotfix version and than again installed 1.6 rc6 version the slave starting rendering///
What thing exist in DR system in 1.5.2 version, Which is not exist in 1.6 RC6, that not clean Even during installation of new version's??? :))

during your tests did you start backburner server on the render nodes?

2017-04-17, 11:48:42
Reply #160

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No///
I am not using BackBurner at all.
I am using only Thinkbox Deadline///
And i didn't starting render on this node via Deadline or Backburner at all,--- only via DR///
« Last Edit: 2017-04-17, 11:53:27 by denisgo22 »

2017-04-17, 16:35:10
Reply #161

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No///
And i didn't starting render on this node via Deadline or Backburner at all,--- only via DR///

Corona manual stated that you should start backburner server at least once on render nodes for DR to work properly. I believe proper Backburner connection is to be setup at least once to make sure Corona DR connecitons are also able to go through.
see this
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666-how-to-use-distributed-rendering-
"Note: Autodesk Backburner is not directly used in Corona Distributed Rendering process but it may sometimes block required 3dsmaxcmd.exe application from running."

also I disabled all firewalls they block connections. I am willing to live with the danger in order to render. what you are describing seems like firewall blocking connections.
"Both 3dsmax.exe and DrServer.exe must be allowed to communicate (both incoming and outgoing connections) on these two ports: TCP 19667 and TCP 19668. Sometimes adjusting firewall settings may be necessary"

2017-04-17, 20:57:17
Reply #162

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Agree//

Double agree.

I had Backburner running, so I shut it down on both render nodes and still get the same "Waiting for start of render" message on DrServer.  Master reports each node as "not running", even though the line right above that says "Updates: 4 Passes: 6" and the node names are green.
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2017-04-17, 21:07:06
Reply #163

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

No///

Corona manual stated that you should start backburner server at least once on render nodes for DR to work properly. I believe proper Backburner connection is to be setup at least once to make sure Corona DR connecitons are also able to go through.
see this
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666-how-to-use-distributed-rendering-
"Note: Autodesk Backburner is not directly used in Corona Distributed Rendering process but it may sometimes block required 3dsmaxcmd.exe application from running."

also I disabled all firewalls they block connections. I am willing to live with the danger in order to render. what you are describing seems like firewall blocking connections.
"Both 3dsmax.exe and DrServer.exe must be allowed to communicate (both incoming and outgoing connections) on these two ports: TCP 19667 and TCP 19668. Sometimes adjusting firewall settings may be necessary"

It's all very nice, but i always work only with constantly /TURN OFF/ windows firewall at all, for both types of connections, on all my renders nodes///:))

2017-04-18, 13:27:46
Reply #164

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I cant get how 6 april and even 13 december version could be better than rc6.
Right now I get 7k render with 6 april version in 3 hours and everything is perfect. ( Only problems in backburner )

Could you please try checking "Render by strips" in DR rollout? Slaves used to render by strips in April 6 build, so it's possible this is the cause of your problems.
Let me know if it makes any difference.

2017-04-18, 15:55:57
Reply #165

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

The slaves currently report incorrect status in RC6, but this doesn't affect rendering in any way. Please check that the slaves do indeed render and that they send rendered images to the master.
The status reporting will be fixed soon, if you find any other problems with DR, please let me know.

2017-04-20, 10:07:56
Reply #166

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
We're closing on the 1.6 release, so let's make a list of all the prevailing DR issues:

Is there anything missing from this list? Were any of these issues happening to you in the past and are fixed now?

If any of these (or other) issues happen, please let us know and send us minidumps/screenshots/logs/scenes for testing as appropriate.

Many thanks for all your testing effort!

2017-04-21, 08:23:20
Reply #167

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
RC9 (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13400.msg100087.html#msg100087) has few more DR bugfixes. It would be awesome if you could test it and tell us if it fixes your problems. Thanks!

2017-04-21, 09:02:04
Reply #168

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
RC9 (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13400.msg100087.html#msg100087) has few more DR bugfixes. It would be awesome if you could test it and tell us if it fixes your problems. Thanks!

Love the speed of these Ryuu, think it's great you are realeasing smaller RCs faster instead of few and big ones. Could you give a little more insight to the usage of: "Added threshold to number of samples adaptivity can distribute to each pixel (to avoid slow progress in rendered passes)"?

2017-04-21, 09:57:33
Reply #169

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Noisy adaptivity mask - [...] This one should be fixed, could you please confirm that it's no longer happening?

Depends. When using 1. local rendering 2. DR rendering (stripes) 3. DR rendering (no stripes),  I get three significantly different results of the mask(s). Don´t know if it is expected. But it´s not noisy any more.

Duplicate entries in DR tab when there's problem resolving slave name

Confirming that this does not happen anymore in RC9,

Incorrect result with physical camera with vertical/horizontal shift enabled - https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2532

This seems to be a private entry, mortals cannot access it.

Good Luck

2017-04-21, 13:50:27
Reply #170

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC9....

same problem again...

When i send a job to backburner it doesnt start render. (Waiting without anything)

it looks on screen as if it started but max doesnt run.When i do restart job on backburner it starts rendering.

2017-04-21, 14:05:01
Reply #171

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is DR rendering results :) I think I have got a super computers :)

only six minute left

is this 1200 pass

and this is single computing

2017-04-21, 14:08:23
Reply #172

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For corona team

If you have the time, I will be happy to entertain you here.

2017-04-21, 14:12:40
Reply #173

sevecek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC9....

same problem again...

When i send a job to backburner it doesnt start render. (Waiting without anything)

Is backburner showing any error or warning? Could you send me logs from backburner?

This is DR rendering results :) I think I have got a super computers :)

only six minute left

If you render with 'render by stripes' checked, it's expected that the number of passes might be large.

2017-04-21, 14:13:10
Reply #174

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Is there something interesting in

<maxdir>\network\max.log
<backburner(service)userdir>\AppData\Local\backburner\backburnerServer.log

?

Do you get the same when submitting a scanline renderer scene? Sounds more like a general BB problem to me.

Good Luck

BTW: Why are you using your iphone back camera to take a screenshot? :)

2017-04-21, 14:19:25
Reply #175

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Is there something interesting in

<maxdir>\network\max.log
<backburner(service)userdir>\AppData\Local\backburner\backburnerServer.log

?

Do you get the same when submitting a scanline renderer scene? Sounds more like a general BB problem to me.

Good Luck

BTW: Why are you using your iphone back camera to take a screenshot? :)

There is no such problem in the 13th december version...

iphone photo is easier for me.I can use print screen if I have a problem

2017-04-25, 10:10:24
Reply #176

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Since we've made many bugfixes in the last few days, we'd like to assume that all the DR problems are fixed. If that's not the case, please report them again either on Mantis or in the bug reporting section here on forum. Thanks!