Author Topic: Apoco77 House  (Read 44540 times)

2016-08-29, 17:33:59

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is my latest personal work, it’s been a while since i post something new i created everything from scratch .
I Hope you don’t mind so many images but i put a lot of effort in modeling every detail and texture that i wanted more renders to show these details.

i want to add a thank you for all the nice comments on the wip they really motivated me to finish this work.

The software i used.

modeling : 3ds max polymodeling zbrush for details
texturing : photoshop around 90% usage and substance painter
render: corona beer
postproduction: nuke

I also want to say i created both a facebook account and a behance to go on with the modern times if you would like to see my current work , past work and wips ect.

Behance account : www.behance.net/zuliban
facebook Account : www.facebook.com/zuliban

Some people asked me about the models from this scene i created a turbosquid account if anyone is interested to buy them, i will keep adding more in the following days since i just posted this scene i have just started uploading them.

Hope you like it !

turbosquid : Turbosquid

2016-08-29, 17:56:45
Reply #1

Ricky Johnson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's really pleasing to see such an incredible level of attention to detail and then have that reinforced by some very impressive compositions as well. I love the colours in the outdoor courtyard area. Amazing really!

I'd have thought if you reduced the amount of images it might come across as more striking overall but can understand why you've included them all after your efforts!
I think on a forum like this people are interested in the working details of things after all, so why not.

2016-08-29, 17:59:22
Reply #2

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2016-08-29, 19:12:24
Reply #3

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very impressive///
But I assume that the customer was required only the four images of overall views:)
This raises the question---for what so much work???:)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29, 19:22:28 by denisgo22 »

2016-08-29, 19:15:00
Reply #4

Adanmq

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Collective
One of those works. :O
Congratulations your work it´s amaizing i still remember the first work from you back on 2004-2006. ;)

2016-08-29, 20:29:08
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have one question only: Nikon or Canon? ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-08-29, 21:09:58
Reply #6

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Jesus this has blown my head off, incredible! :) Totally love it, what about "making of" for corona blog??

2016-08-29, 22:13:37
Reply #7

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page

2016-08-30, 00:15:32
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you :)

2016-08-30, 07:56:54
Reply #9

alberto_royo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome, great job, I can not even imagine working hours ... Congrats!!

2016-08-30, 08:00:24
Reply #10

Anjo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great.................

2016-08-30, 08:20:41
Reply #11

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
this is the most realistic interior renders ive ever seen in my entire life... all those shaders are spot on. are you planning to make an animation for this space?

2016-08-30, 09:01:54
Reply #12

dia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Like the work you put on this . The shaders looking great but for my taste its to dirty . I think the models could have been less (but not totally free from it) dirty for more realism .
For the main camera angels i hade wished more details like more things in the room.
Nothing to say about your skills though when it  comes to texturing and modelling its more than great.

/DIA

2016-08-30, 11:28:29
Reply #13

Patrickm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow! Fantastic work!!

2016-08-30, 11:56:58
Reply #14

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh damn!
It looks so stunning and jumped that far into the "uncanny valley", that it it becomes hard to start 3ds Max again, because I feel so ashamed, about the case, that my shaders would take decades to reach such a perfection. 100+ pictures and every picture is a pleasure. The only thing ( a question of taste) what dia already wrote, less scratches, dirt and abrasion might be more. I have a lot of chrome faucets and mountings and after 10 years they don´t look that rotten. Especially your oven looks somehow smeary and the users definetly shouldn´t use the green side of the sponge for polishing stainless steel. 

But overall that gives your pictures a "Scarpa-" and "Louis Kahn- imprint" which I was missing in Bertrand Benoits latest pictures. ( and I love his work aswell) 

2016-08-30, 12:02:14
Reply #15

form

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Plus Form
great job, the detail and shader work are really impressive. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

2016-08-30, 12:04:34
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
render: corona beer

I also drink beer during work, but it has absolutely polar effect on the quality :- )

Incredible detail, and exploration. No need to talk about restraint (it's pretty damn overkill), I think it was a purpose you did it like this and looks like you had blast :- ).

I was gonna suggest you to sell the assets and get rich (and please retire, jk, no...serious ), but re-read your post and you have Turbosquid ! I think everyone including me will buy some to check your texture skills.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-08-30, 12:56:06
Reply #17

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Holy mother of shaders.... this is a stunning Level of Detail. These shaders are massiv! I don't know what to say. This is just fun to look at.

2016-08-30, 13:50:14
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I just love it how your images are RICH with texture, contrast, color, bokeh, and all kinds of glowing effects, but at the same time all of that plays well, is balanced, and pleasant to look at. That's just pure skill. I'll be definitely following everything you ever post. Already stalking following you on FB.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-08-30, 14:30:26
Reply #19

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Omg i feel so much work put in to this images.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-08-30, 14:58:09
Reply #20

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
these look awesome! I really love the water and the glows :D
Also envy you patience much!

best wishes
L

2016-08-30, 15:57:42
Reply #21

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
What do you think about Corona? We know that you were/are a V-Ray master. What are your impression of this renderer?

2016-08-30, 16:10:39
Reply #22

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys , im sorry if i replay late but im a bit overwhelmed and tired.

dia@ you are right i guess my current work (videogames) influence me so much that i just do this naturally since everything here need to have overly dirty maps and so on, i will take this critic in consideration if i do something similar again.

maru@ thank you :)

Juraj_Talcik@ thank you! you know this beer is from here they even have a producing plant here  when i learned about corona render i found funny the name so i tested the render this was how i knew the render.
and i don't think turbosquid will make me rich i still haven't sold anything if you are wondering  maybe they are expensive? i don't know lol .

I hope i don't disappoint with any newer work i come with since i also do characters and environments  but the next one is a very different subject will try to surprise you .

2016-08-30, 16:15:42
Reply #23

Khanti

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Holy mother of renderers...

2016-08-30, 16:22:27
Reply #24

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-08-30, 16:54:19
Reply #25

Djohn_Max

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome Renders Hats off :)

2016-08-30, 21:15:23
Reply #26

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-08-30, 22:37:31
Reply #27

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@cecofuli - the only thing i want from corona is a proper skinshader like arnold then it will be the perfect render for me and maybe cat eyes bokeh  :) .

@denisgo22- i think is hard to say but i guess i just like to do it im hard to myself and always want do each work better since i did not have done any archviz work in years i took my time to polish this one.

Adanmq@ thank you Adan you are such a great person and a great influence to the comunity.

romullus@ i have a nikon camera i guess im bias :) but i like more fuji

JakubCech@ i will rest 1st since im so tired and maybe i will travel then focus on doing that. i think i will do it for evermotion.

cgdigi@ i just got no tools for animation my hardware is so limited that just thinking on that is not possible. i used a single quadcore i7 for these since i dont do renderings for my job i use mostly my computer just for modeling and texturing.

« Last Edit: 2016-08-31, 00:11:52 by zuliban »

2016-08-31, 10:20:52
Reply #28

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i used a single quadcore i7 for these since i dont do renderings for my job i use mostly my computer just for modeling and texturing.

touché :D
thanks a lot! doing outstanding work with limited/simple hardware makes it even more awesome -
(like to point not often enough on what kind of hardware the great Alex Roman created his animation back in 2009(!), 2x q6600)

really, this project of yours extremely motivates
L
« Last Edit: 2016-08-31, 10:29:11 by lasse1309 »

2016-08-31, 18:50:23
Reply #29

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi zuliban  top work  ... super corona...

i have some questions :P
you render pt +uhd ,(standard config corona)?  can you show us some raw?

thks :)

2016-08-31, 19:13:41
Reply #30

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Oh my God. What a photo realistic work. Great job. Most of us can never think about such high detailing work. Salute man.

2016-09-01, 10:10:20
Reply #31

pdaniun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work, love it, truly overall fantastic, breathtaking and amazing.

But you got the Rubiks cube wrong, white and yellow center pieces are always opposite to each other.

2016-09-01, 13:55:49
Reply #32

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome renders ! Such attention to details !

How many time did you spent from start to finish ?

2016-09-01, 16:05:23
Reply #33

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
pdaniun @ i Honeslty don't play the rubik cube  i guess you are the expert and got me on this one ! should have one at hand before doing it just to have it more correct i guess.

Fluss @ i guess around 6 month time with breaks 1-2 week intesive work rest 1 month and so on not including the render time... i was not going to finish this work i just did not like it or how it was looking  until i posted the wip in the forum that motivated me to finish the rendertimes are not included here  i left each image overnight and on the day worked on soemthing different so i can say 2 months or rendering alone overnight .

2016-09-01, 18:49:06
Reply #34

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
But you got the Rubiks cube wrong, white and yellow center pieces are always opposite to each other.

Nah, that's intentional. He left it as a proof that these pictures aren't photographs :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-02, 13:53:15
Reply #35

pdaniun

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Nah, that's intentional. He left it as a proof that these pictures aren't photographs :]
I suspected as much ;-)

@zuliban I'm no expert, just like to play with it :-) Excellent work.

2016-09-02, 13:59:27
Reply #36

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe Zuliban simply did configure the cube like this. Don't forget what his real name is. It would also explain the quality of his renders. ;)

2016-09-04, 22:48:31
Reply #37

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
The level of study is best architectural visualization I've ever seen in my practice - stunning work
Design is magic

2016-09-05, 12:07:40
Reply #38

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
That's a lot of great detail right there. Awesome work.

And also nice to see you again Zuliban, haven't seen your work in years!

Best
Simon

2016-09-05, 14:18:37
Reply #39

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So many details. You have to have months needed to model and texture everything. This is the best work that I've seen with corona.

Can we see a raw rendering?

2016-09-13, 17:42:14
Reply #40

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What do you think about Corona? We know that you were/are a V-Ray master. What are your impression of this renderer?

I was wondering the exact same thing. I know I changed to Corona because Vray was to complex for me, but why would such a master as Zuliban switch? I mean I really like Corona but if I was a total master of Vray it would be a lot of effort for limited gain I would think. Some of my buddies still in the Vray camp say that it is as easy to use as Corona now (which I seriously doubt) and that the RT part has seen some serious development.

Zuliban, if you wouldn't mind, could you share your top three reasons for switching (more than fun trying something new)? I'm sure the Corona marketing department would love to know as well.  :)

2016-09-13, 19:00:31
Reply #41

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Benny i like to test new things i have tried alot of renders  but this a complex answer for me.

I have not switched to Corona from Vray, i still like vray for other kind of work where is more stronger than corona maybe not many people know but im now fully working as character artist and vray skinshader is my favorite and im waiting for the Alasurface arnold skinshader from vray, i wish 1.6 have skinshader comparable to this or even better so i can switch to corona in one of my upcoming personal projects.

3.4 is as easier as corona to setup so your friends are right , i tested vray in this scene as you know vray is know for its speed but in this scene corona was x2 faster and cleaner it looks like a simple teapot scene, vray beat corona in speed but as soon you scene have alot of materials and complexity corona takes the lead and i really like the corona glass it is just too good .

Vray got stuck in glass shaders and metals to even create a comparable glass in vray you need to add more than 5 ray depth for both reflections and refractions if you put something like 20 it will take even 8 times more time than corona to render them.

There is another stranger point but this scene in vray, corona showed alot of highlights where vray did not, im not sure why it should reflect the same things and i really make sure every setting was correct for both to work the same but corona showed better highlights reflections where vray capped them in someway.

what i like the most from corona is the speed, the ''peace of mind'' that you focus on artistic things more than settings the glass shader and the extra highlights i can obtain, what i do not like is the removal of the bucket engine.... i rendered all these images using 1.3 bucket  it was also better for preview since it has somekind of AA while the progressive you need to wait more to have a decent AA to see the general shape better maybe im wrong since i have used buckets for so much time.

The most important for me are the developers when i read post or forums i see alot of positive energy in them this for me is a positive trait in any person and im sure this is the most important one as they have passion for their product and user base.

another thing i do not like was the removal of the ''low thread priority'' this is why i used 1.3 too ,this scene is big and ram intensive so it used more than my system had and 1.4 parsing times where even 1 hour vs 1.3 4min.

this is a personal one but the ''filmic'' tone mapping for me is a wrong step for Corona, Fstorm got a correct tone mapping almost identical to a camera what is lacking now is the camera responses like what octane have.

stuff i think is missing is a skin shader like arnold and alasurface non energy loss shader , i hope Ondra read this and take in consideration this skin shader since is the best one at the moment.

« Last Edit: 2016-09-13, 19:19:18 by zuliban »

2016-09-13, 19:02:08
Reply #42

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
I really think that what he's looking for is going for the artistic way, spend more our making a scene beautiful instead of wasting time making test for calculations.
people also say that gpu is now the future in vray, but I think fstorm is already making a lot of noise and its not even finish.

2016-09-13, 19:07:27
Reply #43

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
fstorm tonemapping is marvelous, I don't really now why, but I tested fstorm in my old laptop with a 850M ( almost died) and I saw a big difference, how can corona team also do that?

2016-09-13, 21:12:17
Reply #44

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, I read it ;). We are just finishing next daily with next iteration of the PBR material, but skin shader is still pretty far away. We are also hiring more people so we can do more features at once.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-14, 01:25:29
Reply #45

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Ondra,  just take your time and do your pony magic ;). im sure you will come eventually with something really good.

2016-09-14, 03:17:43
Reply #46

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is a personal one but the ''filmic'' tone mapping for me is a wrong step for Corona, Fstorm got a correct tone mapping almost identical to a camera what is lacking now is the camera responses like what octane have.

Just had a quick look at the F-Storm gallery and I am completely amazed by how photographic the renders look! Whatever tone mapping implementation they are using we desperately need it in Corona!
Vray who?

2016-09-14, 12:20:11
Reply #47

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry zuliban for the cross posting...

agentdark45, in my opinion, you can obtain the same rendering and tone mapping in Corona
Look at my comparison.

LINK

Bye

2016-09-14, 14:16:56
Reply #48

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The tonemapping in F-storm is like longer shoulder filmic. ( Reinhard has really long shoulder that absolutely flattens highlight to midpoints, hence why it is so dull and nasty, and VFB+ Filmic has too short shoulder, so it will only dull the very highlights at the right edge of histogram, this might not look very natural either for scenes with very strong dynamic range ).

I haven't yet tested how the filmic version in Corona version compares, but apparently it's bit nicer also. I still want to see ACES filmic curve which should be good film replica, bit more tuned that Habble's version.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-09-14, 15:32:22
Reply #49

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
another thing i do not like was the removal of the ''low thread priority'' this is why i used 1.3 too ,this scene is big and ram intensive so it used more than my system had and 1.4 parsing times where even 1 hour vs 1.3 4min.
This should never happen, and we are looking for users with exactly this problem. Is it ok if someone from our team contacts you to look further into this issue?

what i do not like is the removal of the bucket engine.... i rendered all these images using 1.3 bucket  it was also better for preview since it has somekind of AA while the progressive you need to wait more to have a decent AA to see the general shape better maybe im wrong since i have used buckets for so much time.
I think this is a misconception. Buckets worked on exactly the same principle as progressive rendering, but with slightly different settings, and with very basic implementation of adaptivity. The main differences were:
-setting up desired AA in advance (this would however produce exactly the same results as progressive rendering after a specific number of passes)
-quick preview of small region vs slower refinement of the whole screen (this can be however achieved using region rendering now)
-adaptivity (there is much better adaptivity implemented in progressive rendering now)
So there are virtually no advantages of bucket rendering over progressive. I am really curious what would happen if you would switch to 1.4 now (or even better 1.5 dailies) and re-render some of your awesome shots. :)

2016-09-14, 16:07:47
Reply #50

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This should never happen, and we are looking for users with exactly this problem. Is it ok if someone from our team contacts you to look further into this issue?

what i do not like is the removal of the bucket engine.... i rendered all these images using 1.3 bucket  it was also better for preview since it has somekind of AA while the progressive you need to wait more to have a decent AA to see the general shape better maybe im wrong since i have used buckets for so much time.
I think this is a misconception. Buckets worked on exactly the same principle as progressive rendering, but with slightly different settings, and with very basic implementation of adaptivity. The main differences were:
-setting up desired AA in advance (this would however produce exactly the same results as progressive rendering after a specific number of passes)
-quick preview of small region vs slower refinement of the whole screen (this can be however achieved using region rendering now)
-adaptivity (there is much better adaptivity implemented in progressive rendering now)
So there are virtually no advantages of bucket rendering over progressive. I am really curious what would happen if you would switch to 1.4 now (or even better 1.5 dailies) and re-render some of your awesome shots. :)

We with Ondra have made a lot of testing searching for the cause of this problem. And this definetly was not LTP switch (wich btw remains in the setting textfile).

There is something other going on, but to fing that out there is need to test all of the 1.3 to 1.4 daily builds and read carefully changelogs.

I just don't have any of the spare time to continue testing (for now)

There is hidden massive bug wich affects CPU work not only memory usage but it is tricky and pops up only when memory runs out.

2016-09-14, 16:16:58
Reply #51

GabaCGStudio

need to test all of the 1.3 to 1.4 daily builds and read carefully changelogs.
There is hidden massive bug wich affects CPU work not only memory usage but it is tricky and pops up only when memory runs out.

when the embree was changed to new embree code (in mid of 1.4 DB) this problem was bigger!!

2016-09-14, 16:26:14
Reply #52

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
need to test all of the 1.3 to 1.4 daily builds and read carefully changelogs.

when the embree was changed to new embree code (in mid of 1.4 DB) this problem was bigger!!

This is definetly not new embree, embree was the first thing we tested.

Something before it. 3-4-5 DB before.

Worst case scenario is when it is several things causing it wich have apeard in different time and are giving minor preformance drop. It his case it will be very hard to indentify it.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-14, 16:30:22 by Nekrobul »

2016-09-14, 16:42:51
Reply #53

GabaCGStudio

tested new embree with dozens of scattered proxies? with or without coronascatter or others?

or BSP tree bug? BSP depth??
« Last Edit: 2016-09-14, 16:47:47 by GabaCGStudio »

2016-09-14, 16:52:02
Reply #54

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

tested new embree with dozens of scattered proxies? with or without coronascatter or others?

In the same scene with insane amount of scattered objekts With massive overload of memmory (24 GB usage with 16 GB RAM pool)

2016-09-14, 16:53:58
Reply #55

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry zuliban for the cross posting...

agentdark45, in my opinion, you can obtain the same rendering and tone mapping in Corona
Look at my comparison.

LINK

Bye

I don't know man, I see some pretty drastic differences between the comparisons (glow/glare and textures aside). Colour richness, highlights, shading, contrast - all seem to be lacking in the Corona examples compared to the Fstorm render which looks quite a bit more photographic. I'm sure you could get fairly close to the Fstorm renders with some additional post processing, but it would be nice to have an "out of the box" no major tweaking needed solution.

Not that I'm dinging Corona or the dev team in anyway - it's still the best render engine I've ever used. I would just like to see more development of the tone mapping side of things as it's such a game changer to the overall look of our renders. I feel like emulating how film/SLR's work in the real world is one of the most overlooked aspects of rendering engines.

I don't think this is too off topic as Zuliban mentioned it.

Interesting stuff re the ACES Filmic mapping Juraj!
« Last Edit: 2016-09-14, 17:01:12 by agentdark45 »
Vray who?

2016-09-14, 16:55:41
Reply #56

GabaCGStudio

In the same scene with insane amount of scattered objekts With massive overload of memmory (24 GB usage with 16 GB RAM pool)

so ... we can't set BSP depth manually ... probably need to tweak BSP depth!?

2016-09-14, 17:07:05
Reply #57

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we will try to squeeze in the LUT mapping into 1.5, stay tuned ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-14, 17:43:48
Reply #58

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In my test, the goal was to test the rendering time, not the tone mapping.
In my scene, the main "errors"  was in the material setting.
For example, the red plastic, in my scene, is too dark. The same for the floor, wood etc...
Also, when I did the test, Corona 1.4 hasn't bloom and Filmic.
In the Fstorm scene, I think that there was a yellow light outside ( I don't remember exactly)

I'm sure that we are able to make the Corona render very close to FStorm.
Feel free to open my scene and make it 100% similar FStorm. Now I have no time and I'm not interested .

2016-09-14, 18:08:02
Reply #59

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i knew somekind of renderwars would start when i mentioned this tonemapping the fact is you can easily mimic fstorm with corona or vray and viceversa but that is just one scenario.
when you have alot of burned areas vivid colors darker shadows ect is where you know the limitations of a tone mapping.

any user of Fstorm can easily create better renderings out of the render without too much experience in this field where we need to use postproduction and 32bit to mimic a better tone mapping.

this is one of the reason why alot of people see better renderings over there plus it has its own glare/flare system well implemented.

2016-09-14, 18:19:40
Reply #60

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
Corona daily build 1.5 already has glare and flare implemented, and it seems really good, anyway I wish we could have something more similar to fstorm tonemapping.

this is a test I made with 1.5

2016-09-15, 17:30:16
Reply #61

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just had a quick look at the F-Storm gallery and I am completely amazed by how photographic the renders look!

I had a look too, and it struck me that there are almost no exteriors, and the few there are hold very low quality compared to the rest. (In my humble view of course  :)

Most of the the good ones are done by a few artists, and this always seems to happen with new technology. A few early pros dominates the scene making everything look great, was the same when Maxwell was new. I'm sure the tool is good, but there are a ton of great imagery in the Corona gallery as well.

2016-09-16, 19:20:49
Reply #62

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
I love competition - it has come up with wonderful ideas and better products for the end user )

Give tone mapping and the set of predefined LUT, as in FStorm! )))

I think FStorm a good prospect, pity that he does on the GPU, but it gives all the cards in the hands of the Corona render, to use the best ideas and practices from different render engines, including FStorm )
« Last Edit: 2016-09-16, 20:32:16 by art-MIXER »
Design is magic

2016-09-22, 05:14:17
Reply #63

daddah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HOKAGE LEVEL!

2016-09-22, 10:15:23
Reply #64

BishopDesigns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow!!!...incredible to say the least 👏....amazing details...welldone
Talent is never enough...never stop improving :)

2016-10-03, 13:01:27
Reply #65

ACGI

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arteconi CGI
Hi Zuliban,

Impressive work. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

What did you use Nuke for?
1- Shader Rebuilding compositing passes
2- Tone Mapping
3- Glares?
4- Grading

I'd like to understand if you've done the tone mapping directly in Corona or in Nuke.
I have used a gizmo in past that reproduces the Corona tonemapping tool plus Filmic Curve response. it is pretty good so I guess you've exported the linear renders...

I am amazed by the glares and was curious to know if you have built your own gizmo to achieve them or used any ready made stuff.
I think the Corona glares weren't available yet.

Thanks,

Giacomo.

2016-11-15, 02:05:31
Reply #66

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Hi zuliban,

I wanted to ask about your texturing workflow in Photoshop since you used it 90% for this project. How did you texture edges having wear, tear or chips if there is a uv seam in Photoshop? Do u use a 3d painting software to paint these details?
Marvelous work btw :)

2016-11-15, 07:57:18
Reply #67

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Melviso i use most of the time zbrush , 3d coat is a good alternative too i just create a brush and paint over with a similar texture near the seam to make them seamless.

2016-11-15, 10:16:52
Reply #68

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Ok. Thanks for the info :}

« Last Edit: 2016-11-15, 22:48:58 by melviso »

2016-11-18, 07:42:43
Reply #69

exr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is super impressive! To get back on the tone mapping points, how did you handle that in Nuke, with ArionFX, custom gizmos etc.? Cheers, you should sell the entire project, people would definitely pay to learn from it, like Benoit did: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/975023?referral=BBB3viz
« Last Edit: 2016-11-18, 18:10:03 by exr »

2016-11-18, 23:19:48
Reply #70

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, for tone mapping all is custom made its hard to explain i think i would need a video to do it i move more than 100 settings to archive my desired result but i guess this is just my style and it could be resumed in less steps by someone else in around 1 and half weeks i'll publish the tutorial for this project online .

i just try to keep images not burned and not with a ''gray'' feeling most of this is done by today renders and the way they produce colors.

EXR im just selling the assets the models of this scene right now on my turbosquid, maybe in the future i can sell the scene empty since this scene is a bit too big 1gb max scene and around 30gb textures i will need to optimize do all of them in jpg or lower the res do all mats in a more organized way and in English so everyone can understand it and so on ,this probably will take me like 2 weeks of tweaking and i will be honest alot of my friends who sell their scenes have them already pirated in less than one week so i don't want to be stressed about that and i already feel the need to move on to my next personal work.

2016-11-20, 19:05:54
Reply #71

exr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey zuliban,

makes total sense, the assets you have on your turbosquid are absolute top notch, thanks for those, can't wait to see your tutorial, keep up the amazing work!

2016-11-23, 01:23:33
Reply #72

cullylad

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Superb. How long did it take to model this and which software do you use? Great work!