Author Topic: Brick Lane  (Read 3383 times)

2014-08-29, 14:08:46

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Here's a quick shot from a scene I was working on last week in my spare time based on a building by architect Cassion Castle. Ive always found something cool about these hidden lane way architecture gems and a 3 meter tall front door lets in all the COOL! Rendered for about 2 hours and lit mainly with HDRI with a little help from corona sun at about .1 multiplier. I don't normally put people in my scenes but this one really called for it to add interest and a bit of a story. Matching the 2D cutout to appear to be holding the bike tire was a real challenge as the perspective of the cut out is a bit different from the aspect I wanted to capture. I also took the opportunity to play around with some basic leaf meshes for gwivy which I hadn't done before. Its a far more powerful plugin that I realised and will definitely be looking at it in some more detail in coming projects.

2014-08-29, 16:42:28
Reply #1

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
I think you did quite a good job with merging that man - to me it seems quite natural as he is part of that scene and not cut out merged into render. However what I donĀ“t like is color(or reflection) of ivy leaves  - i miss a bit more rich color on them. But it might be just my opinion and taste :)

2014-08-30, 01:15:41
Reply #2

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks johnymrazko, I appreciate the feedback.

2014-08-30, 08:23:28
Reply #3

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Hi...very nice render..i love the texturing part more.. btw how did you model the brick wall where ivy is placed. and which hdri you used here.

2014-08-30, 11:18:19
Reply #4

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi...very nice render..i love the texturing part more.. btw how did you model the brick wall where ivy is placed. and which hdri you used here.

Thanks very much. The brick wall is just a basic dif/reflect/bump map combination + a little displacement. The corner I modified in post to give more of a jagged edge. The HDRI is one of Peter Guthries (Cloudy morning sun).

2014-08-30, 13:37:17
Reply #5

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Hi modern_babylon.....Thanks for the information.