Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149510 times)

2022-01-25, 21:11:26
Reply #330

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and please, indulge me: what is primitive in tone mapping in Corona? what is missing?
I wrote about the shortcomings more than a year ago and not only me
incorrect operation in Log mode - shadow areas simply disappear, shadows are covered with a black film, compression gives an unpleasant result, and so on
you can look through the forum, there are topics with discussions of tonemapping problems

an example: tonemapper part of ACEScg>sRGB transform simulated with CIE. curve. it's just a curve. attached as LUT.

Well, if it doesn't have any differents why Corona team spent more than one year for this development and explained why the dropped this feature for 8th release instead 7th?

2022-01-25, 21:19:22
Reply #331

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
lighting does not matter, a curve is a curve. what matters is how close these two are.
it all depends on how you use the opportunities given to you
color space is not only RGB but also work with a range of brightness

2022-01-26, 18:09:38
Reply #332

karlingermano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am testing the new build (01.26) with Tyflow.
If I understand correctly now it supports render instancing.
For me particles are still invisible if the mesh node is set to render instance (see attachent).
Did I do something wrong or this per-instance time variation you mentioned in the changlog has something to do with this?

Thanks!

2022-01-26, 18:18:47
Reply #333

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@danio1011, similar reports has been all over the forum lately. Apparently it's some issue with the V8 dailies.

Ok, I'd seen reports about drserver freezing etc, just hadn't seen anyone solve it by just clicking around on the screen...seems like a windows 'focus' thing on my end.  But I bet it's all related.  Thanks!
Hi,

Are you using some remote desktop software?

Rowan

I have similar issue and yes i use TightVNC software

Ah hah!  Yes I am using windows built in RDP to control nodes that don't have monitors attached.  I normally never render out animations this way but I was having issues with my farm software not playing well with PhoenixFD files for some reason.  Seems that it's missing the cache files despite the fact that the path is set correctly.  Anyway, long story short I'm sure that's it.  Cheers!

2022-01-26, 18:36:33
Reply #334

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Curvature Map works pretty nice, i did some tests. But "ignore bump" option can be essential in some cases.

2022-01-26, 20:25:55
Reply #335

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi devs, thank for new CurvatureMap, it works fine with black base color but doesn't with white. Please see attachment for more details... Or I do smt. wrong?

2022-01-26, 20:55:44
Reply #336

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Very nice implantation of curvature map. it is very helpful, Thanks.

2022-01-26, 22:15:12
Reply #337

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

For me particles are still invisible if the mesh node is set to render instance (see attachent).
Did I do something wrong or this per-instance time variation you mentioned in the changlog has something to do with this?

Thanks!
same thing for me, motion blur doesn't work either

2022-01-28, 09:03:10
Reply #338

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks!
Hi,

Which version of TyFlow are you using? Both motion blur and the mesh node being set to render instance are working for me.

Can you try updating to the latest beta and seeing if it is still an issue?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-01-28, 12:06:17
Reply #339

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks!
Hi,

Which version of TyFlow are you using? Both motion blur and the mesh node being set to render instance are working for me.

Can you try updating to the latest beta and seeing if it is still an issue?

Thanks,

Rowan

Yes, I'm using the latest 0,16135 build from Jan 26 and simple setup with spheres falling from tyIcon, nothing special

2022-01-28, 12:51:02
Reply #340

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm using the latest 0,16135 build from Jan 26 and simple setup with spheres falling from tyIcon, nothing special

Can you send the scene over?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-01-31, 14:38:33
Reply #341

user116

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not technical here but it took me exactly 3 seconds to google a bunch of photos with similiar lighting conditions - coniferous trees on bright sky and it looks quite different. Since the engine is trying to mimic a camera I presume it should look similiar to camera. I seriously doubt photographers mask around or fiddle with this topic in any way.

2022-01-31, 15:35:35
Reply #342

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Guys, please keep in mind this thread is ONLY for Corona 8 daily builds issues reporting and discussion. Please keep any other topics away from it.
Please stop commenting about compositing stuff against the sky unless there is some new issue in Corona 8.
Please stop your comments now, I will move all relevant posts into a new thread now, and we can continue the discussion over there.

Thank you.

The compositing thread: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=35500.0
« Last Edit: 2022-01-31, 15:39:57 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-01-31, 19:07:49
Reply #343

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
UVW randomizer and multimap can now use multiple randomization methods at the same time, instead of selecting just a single one. Note: The randomization seed has changed so scenes may render differently than in previous versions

This is great.
Any chance it can be added to scatter? I always felt that the randomization algorithm in Corona Scatter was not random enough.

Disclaimer: I'm not using Corona 8 yet.
Hi, please, what exactly would you like to add?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2022-01-31, 19:39:25
Reply #344

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
UVW randomizer and multimap can now use multiple randomization methods at the same time, instead of selecting just a single one. Note: The randomization seed has changed so scenes may render differently than in previous versions

This is great.
Any chance it can be added to scatter? I always felt that the randomization algorithm in Corona Scatter was not random enough.

Disclaimer: I'm not using Corona 8 yet.
Hi, please, what exactly would you like to add?

I think I may have misinterpreted the changelog. If I understand the changelog correctly, there are different randomization methods (randomization algorithms?). If possible, it would be great to be able to scroll through a few different randomization algorithms in scatter, to switch between different ways elements are scattered. Not the seed, but the actual way items are randomized.  I don't know if this makes sense...