Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[Max] I need help! / Re: I need help with creating material
« Last post by Aram Avetisyan on Today at 21:46:11 »
It seems a tiling issue to me.
I think you should enable the randomization for each tile, and then tweak the settings to your liking.
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by Erich on Today at 20:35:36 »
Hmm, it looks like there are some issues with this setup indeed. Corona to this day have troubles with handling complex refractive materials, so it's best to keep it simple to avoid potential issues. I made your glass and label with single material and decal should be working correctly now. You will probably need to fix your UV mapping, or masks, since there are some spillovers here and there, but i think you should be able to handle that on your own.

Hi Romullus,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. Yeah, Corona definitely has it quirks, especially when using it outside of the archviv space. Unfortunately, I have not found a lot of resources for people using Corona for product renders, and since Corona was mainly developed for archviz work, I am finding it difficult to use for projects like this.

That being said, I truly appreciate your effort and the solution you provided. Your setup is very similar to mine, with the exception of the label and glass roughness additions in the glass base roughness slot. I'm curious about their function – removing them doesn't seem to affect anything visually beyond making the black background darker. Would you be willing to share your thought process behind including them?

On another note, with this method, it seems there's no way to adjust the size of the black background itself. Ideally, I'd like it to be slightly smaller on all sides than the surrounding non-displaced glass, creating a thin border of clear glass around the black label. Is there a way to achieve this effect?

Also, I would like to add a texture to the black background label to give it a more realistic look. However, I suspect I'd need to use a completely different material, like a black paper texture bitmap, to replace the flat black I'm using now. But if I plug a texture like that into the refraction slot of the glass material (replacing the current bitmap), I'm unsure if the paper texture would actually show through in the render.  Any suggestions on how to achieve a textured black label?
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: Team Renderer With Corona
« Last post by TomG on Today at 20:07:48 »
If it is purely for rendering and not for working in the DCC, the yearly render node is the best option as it is the cheapest one at $172 per year. So if you will need that rendering more than 3 months out of the year, it gives a much better pricing than paying for random months one at a time.
[C4D] Bug Reporting / Re: CoronaSky with projection dome broken ?
« Last post by riccky on Today at 19:58:16 »
ok thanks Beanzvision
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: Team Renderer With Corona
« Last post by GazzaMataz on Today at 19:51:10 »
So if I had a lot of rendering to do I would need to buy say a monthly licence for my other machine which is roughly £57 per month? I have a year licence on my main computer. All seems like a lot of money per month for rendering…
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Pure Red Light
« Last post by burnin on Today at 19:18:39 »
[C4D] I need help! / Pure Red Light
« Last post by studiobasler on Today at 18:05:23 »
Hello Forum,
short Question, can i archiv a pure red light without the inner Orange within Corona or do i have to colorize this afterwards in PS/AE for example.

Thank you for any advice.

Cheers
Christian
The crash was caused by the 3ds Max Chamfer modifier and, according to our investigation, was not related to Corona at all.
[C4D] I need help! / Multishader multipass masks?
« Last post by TeoRossi93 on Today at 17:00:43 »
Hey guys, is it possible to have a black/white mask for different colors in multishader material?
Like, I need a mask for the diamonds attached here, and a separate one for the emeralds.
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by romullus on Today at 16:36:31 »
Hmm, it looks like there are some issues with this setup indeed. Corona to this day have troubles with handling complex refractive materials, so it's best to keep it simple to avoid potential issues. I made your glass and label with single material and decal should be working correctly now. You will probably need to fix your UV mapping, or masks, since there are some spillovers here and there, but i think you should be able to handle that on your own.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10