Author Topic: mayaToCorona 0.45 bugs  (Read 11036 times)

2015-11-08, 14:45:22

RickToxik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

I feel this version is pretty close to a fully functionnal plugin!!  Congrats for the shiny new IPR : )

here are the first bugs I've encountered with mayaToCorona 0.45:

Bugs:
-add a file from a shader does not connect it
-corona in the material viewer is always at a bad ratio
-warning on render view: "iccp: known incorrect sRGB profile"
-maya because very slow and unresponsive after a few ipr's tweaking settings

crash:
- after graphing input output connections (cause: Corona in material viewer)

Most of the problems I had came whether from triggering the ipr a few times or the corona material viewer in the 2016 hypershade.  I had many crashes until I switched the material viewer from Corona to hardware.  I was always working in No OSL mode on all files.
Maya 2016, windows 10

2015-11-08, 18:59:45
Reply #1

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the feeback. I'll have a closer look at the problems.

Connecting a file to a corona attribute seems to work fine here. I suppose you simply click e.g. on the diffuse connect icon and select a file node from the appearing window?
Can you tell me what exactly you mean by "-corona in the material viewer is always at a bad ratio", do you have an screenshot from this problem?
« Last Edit: 2015-11-08, 19:08:25 by haggi »

2015-11-08, 22:49:42
Reply #2

RickToxik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You're right..  I cannot recreate the bug that does not connect the file texture to the shader, it seems to be working fine now - maybe something special in my previous scene.

Here it is for the bad ratio:

Maya 2016, windows 10

2015-11-09, 09:39:03
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I fear this is a maya problem. In mentalray you have sometimes the same phenomenon until you change the window size. The very first time the render is called, there is no info about the window size. I'll try to investiagte furter.