Author Topic: Box license w subscription Inquiry  (Read 695 times)

2021-09-20, 08:46:14

ar_rcc

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I'm nub here. Just wanna ask for enlightenment regarding about this box license with subscription. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong as to what I understand about this license package. If I avail the box license with subscription of 99 euro a year, can I skip my yearly subcription (like skip for 3 years) and pay again if I want to upgrade to the new version that I like? Will the renderer still work thru these years that I'll not be subscribing? Or I have no choice but to continue the yearly subscription?  I hope you can help me guys, coz I'm really puzzled and I also don't know who to ask thats why I thought of asking it here..

Thanks again and hoping for your answers. : )

2021-09-20, 17:30:42
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, please note that we only offer the Box license in very specific cases, usually where the user cannot use the FairSaaS license for some solid reason - for example they are a government organization and are prohibited from using subscription-based products. In all other cases, we highly recommend using the FairSaaS license. It is much more flexible and does not have the restrictions of the Box license.

If I avail the box license with subscription of 99 euro a year, can I skip my yearly subcription (like skip for 3 years) and pay again if I want to upgrade to the new version that I like?
You can buy Box with subscription or Box without subscription.
If you buy Box with subscription and then cancel the subscription, then you cannot restart that subscription any more because it can only be bought with the Box license.
See: https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing/box
"- CAN I BUY SUBSCRIPTION LATER AFTER A BOX PURCHASE?
- No, the subscription is bound to the serial number at the time of purchase."

Will the renderer still work thru these years that I'll not be subscribing? Or I have no choice but to continue the yearly subscription?
The renderer will keep working even with the subscription disabled, however you will be locked to a specific version of Corona. Without an active subscription you will not be able to update Corona to a newer version.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us