Author Topic: Porsche 992 GT3 Cup  (Read 1760 times)

2021-03-01, 19:13:27

Guillaume Taniere

• Active Users
  • High-end automotive visualization.
    • View Profile
    • upnorthstud.io
Hi guys ! Following up my topic from last week, where I showed you the M3 G80 Competition. Today It's about the Porsche 992 GT3 Cup.

I've build these scenes completely in CGI from the ground up. There's no backplate this time. I wanted to try some dynamic shots that would communicate the thrill of racing these cars... maybe too much ? 🙈
It's all done in Corona, using custom textures and references that I took on location while I had the possibility to do a track-walk at Spa-Francorchamps.

CGI, assets creation and postproduction by UpNorth Studio (@upnorthstud.io)

Hope you like it !

- Guillaume

2021-03-02, 14:34:01
Reply #1

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome shots mate. Love the setting, any plans for a daylight version?

2021-03-02, 21:18:38
Reply #2

Guillaume Taniere

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • upnorthstud.io
Thank you Wilbert ! I definitely thought about it, but I'm already busy doing other projects so I don't think it'll be very soon. But the scene already exist now, so it wouldn't require as much work. Who knows... We'll see !

2021-03-06, 18:33:30
Reply #3

Gold over Blue

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Gold over Blue
Beautiful shots Guillaume!!!
The last one blew my mind! Would love to see a raw version of it! I assume also the motion blur is completely in camera not achieved in post through Virtual Rig or something of sorts?

2021-03-08, 15:06:12
Reply #4

Guillaume Taniere

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • upnorthstud.io
Beautiful shots Guillaume!!!
The last one blew my mind! Would love to see a raw version of it! I assume also the motion blur is completely in camera not achieved in post through Virtual Rig or something of sorts?

Hi Joe ! As you guessed it everything is done at render time - depth of field, motion blur, flames, etc... I could show you a raw render as well but it would be very similar to what you see here. I almost did nothing in post except some minor tone mapping and add some film grain to give it a more "organic" look. So what you see in the final images is 90% what came out of the frame buffer.

I attached some of the passes if you're interested in taking a look.

Best,
Guillaume