Author Topic: Render Legion and Corona Join Forces with Chaos Group  (Read 87956 times)

2017-09-27, 16:04:50
Reply #240

valwizard

• Active Users
  • "We get up in the morning. We do our best. Nothing
    • View Profile
I have to admit that i'm a bit scared... but ok, for now it is a good thing...

Think about Autodesk buying Alias (Maya, StudioTools...) and let it live beside 3dsmax...
And that was the end of absolutely amazing Mudbox!
"We get up in the morning. We do our best. Nothing else matters! "

2017-09-27, 17:24:37
Reply #241

valwizard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sick of mergers and acquisitions. It does nothing but disrupt innovation.
This sucks. It's really sad news.
Corona team you better not go into your comfort zone! (please)
Edit: Actually I'm shocked and disappointed at Chaos Group for not being able to come up with something on their own.

We actually had to go waaaay out of our comfort zone for this ;)
Absolutely no doubts. Just sad that you could not find the alternative solutions for raising *** funds. I think if you would've honestly started a campaign, and have explained to all your users and beloved that Corona further development is under a danger, I have no doubts that you could've to rise any money you need and sink Vray forever. But who am I to judge you? I am disappointed for the years I spent on studying Corona. It is funny that now there is a hell lot of "Corona guru" trying to sell seminars and training on the renderer, which in no time will be dead. Good luck Ondra and thanks for the past years of real fun and adventure. Your product was good, but, let us to be honest was developed ( copied ) from the Vray and the end is predictable. There will be place for someone new to challenge you guys in the future. I believe...?...

2017-09-27, 21:44:01
Reply #242

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Comfort zone! Ahahaha ^__^  Are you serious? I would like you should able to watch inside they office now during the release of Corona 1.7 =)

Try to think: nobody knew about this acquisition. Only the CoronaTeam, that's all. And, they started one years ago.
Have you seen what they did in the last year? Corona v1.5, Corona v1.6 and, now, Corona v1.7
Have you seen how many new tools they added from the 1.6 to v1.7?
Look at trello.com road map. Every new release, the list of new tools is 10-20% longer ;-)
There is already the v1.8 road-map...
Honestly, I was very skeptical and shocked the first day I have read this news (like almost 90%of Corona users).
But, now, me feelings are EXACLTY the opposite =)
valwizard, if you want to stop to use Corona, it's your choose.
But, please, come back here in one or two years and, believe me, you will regret your decision.
Corona, Corona team and Corona community are, now, full of energy and hope, more than before!

« Last Edit: 2017-09-28, 13:31:58 by cecofuli »

2017-09-27, 21:58:57
Reply #243

PatSieb

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
+1 with cecofuli's post.
I'm a new C4D + Corona user and feel very comfortable with what will happen in the future to both companies.

be positive ;)

Regards
Pat

« Last Edit: 2017-09-27, 22:02:42 by PatSieb »

2017-09-28, 00:20:43
Reply #244

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you seen what they did in the last year? Corona v1.5, Corona v1.6 and, now, Corona v1.7

Actually before they came out with the news I was surprised about how many people were complaining about bugs since 1.6: more noise and slower rendering specifically.
After they released the news I thought the collaboration might've had something to do with it.

It could be just my feeling. Don't know...

2017-09-28, 00:47:30
Reply #245

PatSieb

• Active Users
  • Architectural Artist
    • View Profile
hey guys, you have to take a break while waiting for the corona team to progress, take a drink or dance with girls during that time :)

2017-09-28, 11:02:23
Reply #246

valwizard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Comfort zone! Ahahaha ^__^  Are you serious? I woul dlike you should able to watch inside they office now during the release of Corona 1.7 =)

Try to think: nobody knew about this acquisition. Only the CoronaTeam, that's all. And, they started one years ago.
Have you seen how many new tools they added from the 1.6 to v1.7?
Look at trello.com road map. Every new release, the list of new tools is 10-20% longer ;-)
There is already the v1.8 road-map...
Honestly, I was very skeptical and shocked the first day I have read this news (like almost 90%of Corona users).
But, now, me feelings are EXACLTY the opposite =)
valwizard, if you want to stop to use Corona, it's your choose.
But, please, come back here in one or two years and, believe me, you will regret your decision.
Corona, Corona team and Corona community are, now, full of energy and hope, more than before!
Good advise, thank you. Why not? Seams that this is an era of hybrids, definitely worth to try))

2017-09-28, 11:08:44
Reply #247

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am disappointed for the years I spent on studying Corona.

You spent years learning Corona?! Really? Years to learn the most intuitive render engine out there? Years?

Are you sure you're not mixing Corona with Mental or V-ray :D

2017-09-29, 03:33:23
Reply #248

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
yes we are, AMEN! :)