Author Topic: Corona crashes all the time (Cinema 4d)  (Read 10443 times)

2017-11-05, 16:38:24

Shumchuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona crushes all the time after couple of seconds of rendering. I've reinsalled my windows and all programms, but it didn't fix the bug.

2017-11-05, 18:21:16
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try both versions?
 i assume you're running "Fullspeed", try "Legacy"...

2017-11-05, 21:24:19
Reply #2

Shumchuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-11-06, 11:14:33
Reply #3

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona crushes all the time after couple of seconds of rendering. I've reinsalled my windows and all programms, but it didn't fix the bug.

Hi,

I am sorry for the crashing. From the BugReport.txt, I can see that it crashes when the Duct_Tape_3.c4d scene is opened. Can you please send us this scene or Corona crashes on every scene on your computer?

Thank you
Nikola

2017-11-06, 21:22:56
Reply #4

Shumchuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Corona ceashes even with a new small scene. I start render and it crushes.

2017-11-07, 10:20:58
Reply #5

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Corona ceashes even with a new small scene. I start render and it crushes.

Hi, so even a standard cube with one light crashes? That's something that noone from the devs and users is experiencing right now. It must be something specific on your system - installed software, your HW configuration, plugins in C4D, etc... The more information we get from you, the more probable it is we will be able to help you. Right now, we're just shooting from the hip.

2017-11-08, 11:25:36
Reply #6

Shumchuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I changed Windows OS from 7 to 10 but it still crashes. I reinstalled Cinema 4d, tried different versions of Corona render, but it didn't fix the bug.
I've tested my RAM and no errors have been found. My CPU a bit overheats, I will try to clear it up and cool it down and try again.

2017-11-08, 11:43:33
Reply #7

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I changed Windows OS from 7 to 10 but it still crashes. I reinstalled Cinema 4d, tried different versions of Corona render, but it didn't fix the bug.
I've tested my RAM and no errors have been found. My CPU a bit overheats, I will try to clear it up and cool it down and try again.

Thanks for your time, but if your CPU overheating would be the cause, then the whole system would freeze or crash most probably. Could you maybe make a screen capture video of how your Cinema crashes? Just record the screen from the start of C4D to the point where it crashes. Thank you!

2017-11-08, 15:26:37
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i know your CPU (AMD FX-8350) should officially do well with "fullspeed" but please test with the "legacy" version.
Also, remove other plugins and test (with corona only). Often times conflicts can cause a crash.

PS
when running installer go with Unpack... then move accompanied Legacy plugin version into your plugin folder

2017-11-08, 15:28:21
Reply #9

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2017-11-08, 22:21:52
Reply #10

Shumchuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your time, but if your CPU overheating would be the cause, then the whole system would freeze or crash most probably. Could you maybe make a screen capture video of how your Cinema crashes? Just record the screen from the start of C4D to the point where it crashes. Thank you!

I attached a the video with a crash.

i know your CPU (AMD FX-8350) should officially do well with "fullspeed" but please test with the "legacy" version.
Also, remove other plugins and test (with corona only). Often times conflicts can cause a crash.

PS
when running installer go with Unpack... then move accompanied Legacy plugin version into your plugin folder

Can you tell me how to change from "fullspeed" to "legacy?"

2017-11-09, 02:02:01
Reply #11

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
PS
;)

2017-11-12, 19:04:26
Reply #12

Armand Rudy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A Creative Agency
I have the same issue than you. Corona crashes all time. Oddly enough it started crashes at alpha 5.1 and ever since I haven't been able to use Corona. You guys should let the older versions alive. By killing them you hurt us. Buying a new machine is not a small investment.

2017-11-12, 19:24:23
Reply #13

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try the legacy version?

2017-11-12, 22:57:00
Reply #14

Shumchuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys you won't believe but it stopped crushing. I installed older version of Corona (2017-07-24) tested, than installed newest version and it doesn't crush anymore.

2017-11-13, 16:13:14
Reply #15

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Shumchuk!

Great that you managed to fix the issue, but it's weird... It must be some trouble with our installer and we'll need to look at it.

2017-11-13, 16:19:39
Reply #16

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I have the same issue than you. Corona crashes all time. Oddly enough it started crashes at alpha 5.1 and ever since I haven't been able to use Corona. You guys should let the older versions alive. By killing them you hurt us. Buying a new machine is not a small investment.

I understand that you are willing to try an older version, because you feel that it's the only way to have a functioning Corona. But it should not be crashing for you in the first place! Can I ask you for your system specifics? By that, I mean OS version, C4D version, CPU, ...

When Corona crashes, when does that happen? When starting C4D or when doing something specific? Could you send us the BugReport.txt file?

Also, did you try uninstalling Corona and installing the newer version? Alternatively, instead of uninstalling you can erase the whole folder "plugins\corona" inside the installation directory and reinstall Cinema.

2017-11-13, 19:24:49
Reply #17

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Shumchuk!

Great that you managed to fix the issue, but it's weird... It must be some trouble with our installer and we'll need to look at it.

Aha, indeed! It could really be the reason why Corona runs stable on this machine and gives issues on others.
Because I never use installer to install directly.
My preferred practice is to unpack, then move stuff to proper locations.
That way i know registry is safe, no extra stuff gets installed & cleaning is hassle free.
;)

2017-11-13, 20:19:15
Reply #18

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Aha, indeed! It could really be the reason why Corona runs stable on this machine and gives issues on others.
Because I never use installer to install directly.
My preferred practice is to unpack, then move stuff to proper locations.
That way i know registry is safe, no extra stuff gets installed & cleaning is hassle free.
;)

I do that, too. But you definitely made sure that on all machines the needed "runtimes" are installed. Maybe this is the cause of some issues some users had. Although that's what the installer is for, actually ...

2017-11-14, 12:11:11
Reply #19

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
oh, sorry for the confusion
by "other machines" i meant those who are used by "other users"

"An apparatus using mechanical power and having several parts, each with a definite function and together performing a particular task." - so i consider the whole system/mechanics/environment as one machine, especially since modern GPUs were introduced as they behave as nodes (ie. super computer is a machine, cloud is also a machine :)

2017-11-14, 14:03:54
Reply #20

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
"An apparatus using mechanical power and having several parts, each with a definite function and together performing a particular task." - so i consider the whole system/mechanics/environment as one machine, especially since modern GPUs were introduced as they behave as nodes (ie. super computer is a machine, cloud is also a machine :)

Strictly speaking, using that definition, a computer is not a machine, since it uses electromagnetical power rather than mechanical :-)

2017-11-14, 18:50:04
Reply #21

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Strictly speaking, using that definition, a computer is not a machine, since it uses electromagnetical power rather than mechanical :-)

Does using an array of hamster wheels for creating this power qualify?

2017-11-14, 21:12:27
Reply #22

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
lol what have i done? I released a monster...

By today's advancements & knowledge, it should be an old interpretation, since it's excluding EM & quantum mechanics. :p

&

Hamsters? "... together performing a particular task." Are machine. Hummm... Then maybe it's them building planets and we're running in hope to achieve happiness. Looks like Douglas was wrong after all.

Well, at least we got that sorted... or not. Damn, now i'm gonna rage against the machine. :D

cheers
& Have fun

2017-11-14, 21:27:22
Reply #23

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. You all got this totally wrong.... Any old time Corona user knows that hamsters has nothing to do with Corona - it's all about Ponies!

2017-11-14, 21:52:15
Reply #24

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. You all got this totally wrong.... Any old time Corona user knows that hamsters has nothing to do with Corona - it's all about Ponies!

If I had a dual CPU setup or bigger, I would go with ponies, too. For my single CPU, hamsters work just fine.
OTOH, I would not upgrade to ponies if I got my hands on a unicorn. It is never easy to decide ...

2017-11-14, 21:55:35
Reply #25

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, it might be better with unicorns :) :)

2017-11-14, 23:43:32
Reply #26

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

But the question remains - are a bunch of Ponies running in their hamster wheels (in order to render a nice archviz image) considered a machine?

The definition could go pretty broad here. I mean, what about a bunch of people working together for a common goal? Do they constitute a machine? Hell, our whole planet could be taken as a machine, broadly speaking...

2017-11-15, 05:14:52
Reply #27

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
why not, if they did the work & action is done ;) so spoke Zarathustra... :D nice example lies in the phrase deus ex machina - a plot device or a mean to a cause or an engine... giving "machine" a superlative meaning
& making my dream come true
to one day get my hands on a unicorn farting a rainbow so i can go on a quest to save my goldielock princess from the wrath of a shard dragon :D  (RT rendering true volumetric iridescence?)

wraaaarggghhh