Author Topic: Converting Octane to Corona Materials...  (Read 846 times)

2023-12-28, 11:01:56

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum!

Hope you had a great Xmas All. Got a project I'm jumping onto and unfortunately it is all done in Octane. It is a fairly big exhibition space and has tons of materials. I do not have Octane and wonder if there is any way of converting it to Corona materials? The scary thing is I can't even see the structure of the materials, at least with RS you can open them to see what is going on so easier to convert manually. I have a dreaded feeling I will have to do this manually which will take a day or 2... any suggestions? Many thanks, John :-)

2023-12-28, 11:34:28
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum!

Hope you had a great Xmas All. Got a project I'm jumping onto and unfortunately it is all done in Octane. It is a fairly big exhibition space and has tons of materials. I do not have Octane and wonder if there is any way of converting it to Corona materials? The scary thing is I can't even see the structure of the materials, at least with RS you can open them to see what is going on so easier to convert manually. I have a dreaded feeling I will have to do this manually which will take a day or 2... any suggestions? Many thanks, John :-)

Unless someone has made a personal script I think its a manual Job i'm afraid. If you download a octane trial, you could probably get a octane-to-native c4d script - then use the corona convert tool from there.

2023-12-28, 12:26:44
Reply #2

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi DaveTwo,

Sure, not a bad idea, will try this. Have a good NYE :-)