Author Topic: Viewport re-loading materials - Display problem  (Read 2044 times)

2023-08-11, 14:07:29

mat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
In the viewport, the materials are reloading each time :
- i change view with F1 (top view) or F2 F3 F4 and go back to perspective view
- i switch interface
- I switch to another scene already opened

When I switch to another camera in perspective view, there is no problem : the viewport keep all materials/textures in cache.

I thought that with Ventura 13.5 this bug would have disappeared, does anyone else have the same problem?

Corona 10
Mac Studio Ultra 128 G
Cinema 4d 2023.2.2
Ventura 13.5

2023-08-11, 14:12:12
Reply #1

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Personally I think a lot of weird issues across multiple renderers (not just Corona) are C4D 2023 issues (no offcial evidence - but I seem to have had my fair share of troubles on MacOS with 2023)

2023-08-11, 15:28:31
Reply #2

mat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Phil,
is there a more stable version of C4D I can use with corona 10 and Ventura 13.5 ? or I must wait developers can fix this problem ?

2023-09-01, 17:21:33
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
(Internal ID=1153491984)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-10-17, 16:56:46
Reply #4

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

I am having the exact same problem in C4D 2023 and C4D 2024. I experience this behavior on both my Apple Mac Studio M2 and also on an Apple iMac i9 from 2020.

Both are running Corona V10 with Hot-fixes.

Switching to another scene (open file) or changing from perspective-view to top-view or side-view makes all textures disappear and reload for some time.

Also the textures are displayed totally messed up sometimes. This is really annoying as I can not define the mapping and so on.

Thank you for your help.

A

2023-10-17, 17:01:30
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hello

I am having the exact same problem in C4D 2023 and C4D 2024. I experience this behavior on both my Apple Mac Studio M2 and also on an Apple iMac i9 from 2020.

Both are running Corona V10 with Hot-fixes.

Switching to another scene (open file) or changing from perspective-view to top-view or side-view makes all textures disappear and reload for some time.

Also the textures are displayed totally messed up sometimes. This is really annoying as I can not define the mapping and so on.

Thank you for your help.

A

Hi, the first part of your post we are still investigating, but the second part, what do you mean by the mats being messed up? Can you share an image or go into greater detail? Thx
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-10-17, 20:36:13
Reply #6

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

Ok good to hear. For the second part I attached two images. First is after opening the scene-file. Everything is alright.

But after expanding / or changing to another viewport-window the textures reload in this strange way or do not even load. Sometimes it changes back to normal.

As it was already mentioned, this does not happen if I simply move around with the camera or change to a different camera in the open 3D-view window.

Thank you for your investigations and help.

Best – A

2023-10-23, 13:42:17
Reply #7

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hello

Ok good to hear. For the second part I attached two images. First is after opening the scene-file. Everything is alright.

But after expanding / or changing to another viewport-window the textures reload in this strange way or do not even load. Sometimes it changes back to normal.

As it was already mentioned, this does not happen if I simply move around with the camera or change to a different camera in the open 3D-view window.

Best – A

Oh I see. If you're able to reproduce it and can share the scene with us, that would be very handy. :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-10-23, 14:03:53
Reply #8

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

Best – A

Oh I see. If you're able to reproduce it and can share the scene with us, that would be very handy. :)

Hello Beanzvision

This problem is not scene-specific. It happens with every scene, also with Cinema4D materials. So the question is, if this is really a CoronaRender relevant thing ?

It seems more like a Cinema4D 2023 / 2024 issue.

Best – A

2023-10-23, 14:26:22
Reply #9

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hello

Best – A

Hello Beanzvision

This problem is not scene-specific. It happens with every scene, also with Cinema4D materials. So the question is, if this is really a CoronaRender relevant thing ?

Best – A

Oh I see! You are the first to inform me it happens with C4D materials as well so thank you for that. :) If you haven't already, it might be worth reporting it to MAXON as well.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-10-23, 14:37:24
Reply #10

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

Best – A

Hello Beanzvision

Best – A

Oh I see! You are the first to inform me it happens with C4D materials as well so thank you for that. :) If you haven't already, it might be worth reporting it to MAXON as well.

Yes – I just reported this to the C4D Support. If I get feedback I will share it here.

2023-10-23, 15:16:46
Reply #11

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Excellent stuff, thanks a lot! :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!