Author Topic: Cinema/Corona freezes with IES light placed in cloner  (Read 1276 times)

2023-07-17, 10:43:20

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
When I hit render after adding an IES light to the cloner, Corona/Cinema freezes. Please find a solution as soon as you can. It is quite irritating.
Thank you

2023-07-17, 11:10:31
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, where are the IES profiles from? Can you share a test scene with us? I have tried several IES profiles and haven't been able to reproduce this. Also, what version of Cinema and Corona are you running?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-07-18, 13:49:39
Reply #2

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I recently discovered that the IES lights still freeze even after being made into editable objects. I have since discovered that this issue arises if I use IES profiles via the built-in Cinema 4D asset browser. Is this a bug or does it mean I can't use them? If we weren't able to use it, that would be a terrible shame.

2023-07-19, 08:57:01
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Again, Can you share a test scene with us? I have tried several IES profiles and haven't been able to reproduce this. Also, what version of Cinema and Corona are you running?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-07-19, 17:17:18
Reply #4

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
this is a bit of weird behavior. I have tested that today and it works fine. But when I tested that the other day really froze every time.

2023-07-20, 07:28:26
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, well I'm glad it's currently working for you. Let's hope it stays that way. If not, you know where to find us! ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!