Author Topic: C4D on Mac with Corona. Can I use a PC as a render node? How?  (Read 545 times)

2023-05-17, 15:30:35

wardy_mk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello
I have a Mac Studio with C4D and I've just started using Corona Render (premium licence) on it. It's great so far. I have a couple of queries.

Firstly, is there a way to pop my renders into a render queue like I would have done standard render?

Second, I have a PC sitting here largely redundant. It's a Threadripper 2990WX with 32GB RAM. Would this be suitable for a render node? As in, will it be quick? Powerful?

Third, if I can use this PC - how is that set up? Is there a guide anywhere?

Fourth, do I need to purchase a specific licence or is a single render node within my licence?

Thanks in advance, sorry I'm very, very new to it.

2023-05-18, 09:46:16
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Should work with Team Render as per C4D standard. Not sure about the node situation these days - I think long-time users have more included but new users may have to pay for another. (Note to Corona team - 2 nodes should be the minimum in IMHO).

2990WX is a very capable CPU and should be much faster than the studio. But 32GB RAM is pretty low and could cause slowdowns in texture heavy scenes.

If possible use a wired connection between the machines.

I also have a mac and PC on my desk. Most look dev and concept work is done on the mac. But for more final stuff I just transfer it over and work completely on the PC.  Saves troubleshooting connections etc.

2023-05-18, 10:13:47
Reply #2

wardy_mk

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-05-24, 22:00:14
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have used a mixed set of Mac and Windows 10 render clients with little issue over the years. Sometimes I'll get a node that drops off, but usually the log tells you why. A "missing" plugin or something like that. I put quotes around missing since sometimes, I've had that error and know for a fact it is NOT missing.