Author Topic: Sun complete revolution impossible ?? :O  (Read 1747 times)

2023-05-12, 18:15:24
Reply #15

Tazok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am sure I did not say that :P
But be it as it may, what you want also happens on an unharmed Earth, twice a year, on locations along the equator on the days of the equinoxes. No  need for space travel, the Sun expression can do that ;)

Still, I'd use one of the above mentioned workarounds if I needed the sun to pass exactly through zenith and nadir. Or I'd put together a little Xpresso setup, if I needed it more than once.

Engage!
Michael "Picard"

Ha yes maybe it was possible to do with a particular location in the world, but pfffiouuu i can't think of all this, too complicated for me haha, I just wanted to put 2 keys and voila ^^'

And i absolutely don't know what is a xpresso setup, maybe something related to coffee, but for a beginner like me (1 week of cinema 4D!), it's too complicated too i think, but maybe soon i'll be aware of those things.
But for now.... gimme a infinite angleeeee powerrr because i'm crying some blood with my key smoothing :PPP
« Last Edit: 2023-05-12, 18:25:20 by Tazok »

2023-05-12, 21:00:12
Reply #16

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am sure I did not say that :P
But be it as it may, what you want also happens on an unharmed Earth, twice a year, on locations along the equator on the days of the equinoxes. No  need for space travel, the Sun expression can do that ;)

Still, I'd use one of the above mentioned workarounds if I needed the sun to pass exactly through zenith and nadir. Or I'd put together a little Xpresso setup, if I needed it more than once.

Engage!
Michael "Picard"

Ha yes maybe it was possible to do with a particular location in the world, but pfffiouuu i can't think of all this, too complicated for me haha, I just wanted to put 2 keys and voila ^^'

And i absolutely don't know what is a xpresso setup, maybe something related to coffee, but for a beginner like me (1 week of cinema 4D!), it's too complicated too i think, but maybe soon i'll be aware of those things.
But for now.... gimme a infinite angleeeee powerrr because i'm crying some blood with my key smoothing :PPP

Yeah, I forgot you were totally new to C4D, sorry.
In fact, C4D has a really strong obsession with caffein, besides the old COFFEE coding language we have XPresso (kind of a visual coding language), we even have Cappuccino and it's a miracle MAXON did not name the Lathe object Latte ;)

2023-05-12, 22:02:12
Reply #17

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
XPresso would be something like that (2 keyframes):

2023-05-12, 22:54:34
Reply #18

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...I find that a bit unfortunate to block this function, as if they were telling you "EARTH ONLY WITH CORONA, no divagation! Its a serious render ! We are not on Jupiter or Alpha Centauri!"
It seems you want the developers to redesign the Corona Sun system due to a whim of you and your customer?... :-|
But I took the hint again, ...from Cinemike. I finished school a long time ago and forgot everything, but I searched on Google and applied for C4D Sun Tag: summer solstice time - june 22, N.Latitude - 23.5°, E.Longitude - 45° (picked up experimentally). And I succeeded again. At the same time I have only 5 key frames. The sun does not move in an ideal circle through the equator, but these are features of the inclination of the earth's axis.
Tazok, isn't it easier to listen to the recommendations than to complicate the situation?

2023-05-13, 22:40:15
Reply #19

Tazok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems you want the developers to redesign the Corona Sun system due to a whim of you and your customer?... :-|
But I took the hint again, ...from Cinemike. I finished school a long time ago and forgot everything, but I searched on Google and applied for C4D Sun Tag: summer solstice time - june 22, N.Latitude - 23.5°, E.Longitude - 45° (picked up experimentally). And I succeeded again. At the same time I have only 5 key frames. The sun does not move in an ideal circle through the equator, but these are features of the inclination of the earth's axis.
Tazok, isn't it easier to listen to the recommendations than to complicate the situation?

No one had been contemptuous until then and I said to myself that everyone was friendly on this forum and that it was nice, but there must always be an ugly duckling.

I will answer you despite your blatant contempt.

I have the right to point out something that seems absurd to me, whether you like it or not.
And you prove me right with your post. You must search on google what is the latitude longitude of the solstice, picked up experimentally, try multiple combinaison, add 5 keys etc.... Just...... for this ?
What's the point ? How much time you lost to do this, when you could do it in 5 seconds and with 2 keys if this angle was infinite.
I think it's not crazy to dare to say that it's a bit shame not to unlock this famous angle.

And i have read every single message, answer to everyone, and learn from every idea here, like i always do and i have said that i was using the technique of TomG and that it was working, but complicated for me because i must put some key smoothing with acceleration deceleration and extra keys complicate everything.
But anyway the job is done now but it was a lot of work and time for really nothing.

I just tell that it's not user friendly and from my newbie C4D point of view but my 15 years of after effects, it's a point that could be change maybe, whether it's realistic or not, and i don't care if you don't like it.
How could you evolve without questioning things sometimes ?

Anyway, I thank all the others for their precious help, their pedagogy, and their patience

So, ALER, isn't it easier to go your way rather than coming talk to me about whims and my clients with contempt ?

2023-05-13, 23:43:14
Reply #20

Tazok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, I forgot you were totally new to C4D, sorry.
In fact, C4D has a really strong obsession with caffein, besides the old COFFEE coding language we have XPresso (kind of a visual coding language), we even have Cappuccino and it's a miracle MAXON did not name the Lathe object Latte ;)

I was totally saying this for the joke about the coffee, but ok, there's really a link, good to know :D

I have search a bit and tried your project, seems reaaally interesting this xpresso thing, i will search for tutorial after my current project. Thanks a lot

2023-05-14, 05:04:29
Reply #21

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So, ALER, isn't it easier to go your way rather than coming talk to me about whims and my clients with contempt ?
Thank you for showing me the right way, now I will not be astray 🙁

...however, already by inertia, I still had some considerations, I experimented and it worked again (Tazok, it's not for you anymore, there are more than 2 keyframes).
Corona Sun moves strictly in a regular circle, deceleration at its zenith (as the client wants). The angle of the sun now cost me only 3 keyframes. Axis rotation - 4 keyframes (due to 180° jump). Seems good 🙂

2023-05-14, 19:03:00
Reply #22

Tazok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Sun moves strictly in a regular circle, deceleration at its zenith (as the client wants). The angle of the sun now cost me only 3 keyframes. Axis rotation - 4 keyframes (due to 180° jump). Seems good 🙂

Like i was saying to you in a precedent post, the deceleration isn't at the zenith but a bit after, and it was more difficult for me. But anyway, i'm done whith that. Thx
« Last Edit: 2023-05-14, 19:19:53 by Tazok »