Author Topic: MultiPass Question  (Read 441 times)

2023-04-24, 21:05:05

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK so I've used this showroom shot many times. It's for TV. The goal was to get the vehicle layout perfect so the cars don't need to be moved at all. Each vehicle is rendered out with an alpha channel. The room rendered out separately EXCEPT, the shadows and reflections are burned into the floor. Green screen actors are then dropped in between the layers on the video side of things. Works very well, except sometimes they want to move the car a little, but since the shadows are burned into the floor, it is very limited. Keep in mind I have a Take set up for each car so I can easily render what each car needs.

I can easily get a vehicle with the shadow either in its own file or embedded with the RGB image of each car using the Shadow Catcher material. My question is, how can I also separate just the car's reflections from the floor? I know this might be a problem if I have any bump, displacement or other effect on the tile floor. Thought I'd tackle that later if I can get the reflection thing to work.

This image is a rough first render. Layers in video might look like this:

RGB of Car with Alpha
Shadow with Multiply
Reflection with Screen

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2023-04-28, 19:35:11
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm assuming this is not possible, or at least not easy to do.