Author Topic: Texture - Opacity Motion Blur  (Read 1397 times)

2021-02-16, 15:11:14

danduya

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Everybody!
I probably can't understand this, so i would like to ask you why if i render an object with motion blur everything looks fine. But when i render a silhuette with an opacity mask is not working, it just blurs the profile of the plane containing the silhuette... Is there a way to achieve this?

I would like to blur Cutout people instead of 3d ones because in general are more realistic - easy to find - easy to render.

I attach a screenshot, the two object are parented so they move at the same speed in the same scene!

2021-02-16, 15:35:16
Reply #1

danduya

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, it does work if i have actual geometry, so the problem is that clearly opacity doesn't create actual geometry.
But is not the best solution to create precise mapping and silhouette contour for every person...

Is there a workaround?

2021-02-16, 16:50:32
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What is odd with your second example is the woman's image is not blurred with the rectangle mesh, but is blurred with the mesh following the shape of her image. I don't get that.

I tried it myself. You can see the woman is on a rectangular plane with a material and it's alpha. Blur works as expected. Works with Corona and native C4D materials.

« Last Edit: 2021-02-16, 17:01:42 by BigAl3D »

2021-02-16, 18:41:57
Reply #3

danduya

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Solved!
It works even with a corona material, but the material projection cannot be cubic!
Here I set it as uvw and it works!

Thanks!

2021-02-16, 18:54:46
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm that. Blur only happens when using UVW mapping. Thanks for clearing that up. Does this qualify as a bug? Has it already been reported?