Author Topic: Node Editor  (Read 2168 times)

2021-01-14, 23:53:39

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I asked this question on YouTube, but didn't get an answer so here it is again. Great tutorial on the Node Editor if you haven't seen it yet. 

One question on the ability of Corona's Node Editor to parse C4D's reflectance materials. I know the converter doesn't do well with these materials, but how important is it to convert the materials from an old project to Corona materials? I mean the Reflectance workflow can produce very nice results too. Do they render the same in Corona as in the Physical Renderer? Will they slow the render time? Just curious.

2021-01-15, 13:13:53
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That one isn't really a node editor question, just a question on how Corona renders those materials :) The node editor is only a display / editing system, and not part of how things are rendered.

Didn't check YouTube yesterday, but I'd have answered your question with "please post to the forums" - YT is not a good place for asking questions as support and devs don't see it, plus you can't share screen shots, and having an ongoing conversation is hard and clumsy. Here is always the best place for any detailed questions!

(PS - I don't have answers to the questions, never tried the reflectance materials specifically, so we'll see what support and devs can add to the topic)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-01-16, 04:33:23
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This does raise a question in my head for the Scene Converter function. Since the Corona Node Editor can display and edit a C4D material with Reflectance, it seems logical that there is a path to Corona being able to convert or save a new Corona version of that C4D material. See what I mean?
« Last Edit: 2021-01-26, 18:23:16 by BigAl3D »