Author Topic: Render region issues  (Read 4882 times)

2019-06-18, 17:34:24

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
MacOS 10.13.6 / C4D Studio R18.057 / Corona Version: 4.0 (core 4)

1. The set render region disappears after starting new render regardless if region mode is active or inactive.

Expected behavior:
Like in previous versions, the render region marquee stays active between renders.

2. Render region marquee ignored while Team Rendering.

2019-07-03, 16:04:47
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi jojorender,

thanks for notifying us. There has been a change in how the regions work recently, causing this bug. We'll fix the issue, but it will mean that it can happen that you load a document and when you start rendering it, only a part (region) of the image will be rendered. But if you use C4D PV instead of VFB, you won't see the active render region, which might confuse you. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) think that this is acceptable? Or will it not be confusing at all? We might change the rendering status text to something like "Rendering render region pass 2/100", would that make sense?

2019-07-03, 18:03:13
Reply #2

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi houska,
I don’t think it would be confusing since the user drew the render region in the first place, but just in case someone forgets the status text update would be a good idea.

Is it possible to use the region render in TR, or is there a technical reason why this won’t work?

2019-07-03, 18:06:02
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
If we fix the render region resetting, I think it will actually fix the TR render regions too. Thanks for mentioning this!

2019-07-04, 09:11:28
Reply #4

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would be super happy if regions work on TR. please add that if at all possible.

2019-07-05, 10:01:43
Reply #5

fraserbray

• Users
    • View Profile
I can also confirm there is a render region problem on version 4 that was not there on version 3