Author Topic: Displacement Layering Not Working  (Read 1446 times)

2019-04-29, 18:12:55

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 So I see the latest v4 build had added "Displacement Layering." We've been having issues getting displacement to work when using a Corona Layered material, or as a stacked material in the object manager. Can someone explain exactly what was added? Is this a node feature?

Build timestamp: Apr 16 2019 14:19:40
Version: 4.0 daily Apr 16 2019 (core 4 (DailyBuild Apr 15 2019))
Cinema version: R20.059 CINEMA 4D Studio (single-license)
MacOS Sierra, 10.12.4

2019-04-29, 19:49:14
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi BigAl3D!

the displacement now combines displacements of all materials that are stacked on the object through the C4D's native stacking (drag multiple materials onto an object). You can then combine displacement channels of all the materials either through the opacity channel or through the Texture tag tiling options.

2019-04-30, 01:31:41
Reply #2

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Houska, any progress in the issue with the denoising that is less on bump-maps, including rounded edges?

Didn´t try the new displacement layering yet...
Curious what improvement it exacly brings, compared to the old Core 3... which, in my oppinion, was perfect.

Do I understand it correctly from your description, that in Core 4, displacements will combine (add), when used in stacked materials?
Hmmm... can be practical in some cases. Hopefully it will have no "dark side" in the worflow...
Gonna check it out those days.

At the moment I´m still using Core 3... thanks to the special license server-solution you introduced pre-last month.
And good Lord, without it, I could never do the plenty of render jobs in an effective way, which customers throw at me this week.

Only problem... Cor 3 rund only until C4D R19.
But on my faster iMac Pro, all Cinema-releases cause a massice UI-lagging... except R20.
And on R20... Corona Core 3 (beta)... doesn´t work.
So... a brand new iMac Pro stands still while I´m using the slower Macs... paradox. :)))

I hope the next Corona will come with improved denoising that will be equal on all surfaces again, besides the new displacement stacking.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-30, 01:38:09 by Designerman77 »