Author Topic: Teamrender limitations  (Read 1893 times)

2018-03-21, 08:11:55

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I find a few limitations using teamrender. Would it be possible to add support for these in the future? Please.

1. When a light is "nested" under an object and you instance that, the instanced light will render with corona VFB but teamrender ignore them.
2. LOD does not work, I get a plugin error on the client machines.
3. Denoiser (I think there is a note somewhere it will be added if I recall correctly)

2018-03-21, 09:34:31
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
1. When a light is "nested" under an object and you instance that, the instanced light will render with corona VFB but teamrender ignore them.
2. LOD does not work, I get a plugin error on the client machines.
3. Denoiser (I think there is a note somewhere it will be added if I recall correctly)

1.) This is strange, it should work... So you have an object as a parent of a Corona light and then you instance the object? Is it render instance or not? Render instances of lights are not supported even in C4D itself, so their support in Corona might be limited.
2.) You need to distribute all the plugins to clients too.
3.) You are right, denoiser for TR will be added later.

2018-03-21, 10:54:10
Reply #2

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3/ I've done tests with the last corona release and C4D 19

Network :
Mac pro 12x2.66 GHz (master)
Mac pro 6x3.33 GHz (slave)

TeamRender available

Scene with Denoiser active and Denoiser inactive.

Denoiser is working with TR ! Where is the truth ?

2018-03-21, 12:23:39
Reply #3

Barendby

• Active Users
    • View Profile

1.) This is strange, it should work... So you have an object as a parent of a Corona light and then you instance the object? Is it render instance or not? Render instances of lights are not supported even in C4D itself, so their support in Corona might be limited.
2.) You need to distribute all the plugins to clients too.
3.) You are right, denoiser for TR will be added later.

1. You are right, they are render instances. It works perfectly in the Corona VFB but not with teamrender.
I am new to corona and C4D. not having render instances will have a huge impact on memory in render time, right?
So the better workflow will be to keep using render instances but duplicate my lights independently, right?
2. I just tested LOD again and it works, not sure why my previous tests popped up with errors. Sorry about this.
3. Thanks, looking forward to Denoiser in TR.

2018-03-21, 15:17:39
Reply #4

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you have a light in an instance and "render instance" active, there will be no light rendered.
It's a known limitation and Corona is not guilty, it's inside C4D.