Author Topic: Mac Pro Corona Crash  (Read 6297 times)

2017-02-09, 21:49:27

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I finally sat down to make real materials in Corona and all was going well for a couple of hours. Then boom. Hard crash. Nothing in particular was going on. Had two crashes in r17 and one in r18. Would you guys want the crash report text file? Not sure if that would be helpful or not. Thanks.

2017-02-10, 17:43:36
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Boy, I was hoping for a lot more activity from the developers in this forum. They're working toward launching a new product and supply a place for potential customers to post questions and issue, but not very many replies here. Guess we're on our own. I hope the shipping version is better supported.

2017-02-11, 00:59:59
Reply #2

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What kind of response were you looking for?

Lets repeat your steps to reproduce the crash.  Do Nothing in particular, hard crash.  Not the most helpful report, just saying. 

I have received excellent support, they went as far as connecting to my computer remotely and had a fix for me to try the next day.

2017-02-15, 22:59:29
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A response like "Hi sorry about the crash, but it might help us finish the product if you can describe what happened and maybe attach the crash report." You know, that sort of thing. I was only just working and maybe panned around the scene.

2017-02-16, 12:58:58
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, we must have somehow missed your report. It sometimes happens on the forum. There is just so many new posts everyday. That's why it's best to send reports to our helpdesk portal (https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new), or directly to Mantis (https://corona-renderer.com/bugs). If you still have the crash report, please do attach it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-02-17, 17:00:51
Reply #5

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply. I understand you're busy working on this project. Here's the crash report. I wasn't aware of the typical ways to submit crash reports or bugs, but I will use them next time. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the final release!

Oh, I just noticed that link to submit tickets says it's for Max. Should I still use it and indicate it was for C4D on the Mac?

2017-03-06, 11:00:34
Reply #6

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply. I understand you're busy working on this project. Here's the crash report. I wasn't aware of the typical ways to submit crash reports or bugs, but I will use them next time. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the final release!

Oh, I just noticed that link to submit tickets says it's for Max. Should I still use it and indicate it was for C4D on the Mac?

Hi, this looks same like the bug on shane_w computer, which should be already fixed. Can I ask you which version of Corona do you use?

2017-03-06, 15:46:46
Reply #7

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Full-speed non-debug version
Build timestamp: Jan 26 2017 13:27:54
Version: A6.1  (core 1.5 )
Cinema version: CINEMA 4D Studio R17.055 S

Is there a newer version for Mac?

2017-03-06, 15:49:33
Reply #8

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Full-speed non-debug version
Build timestamp: Jan 26 2017 13:27:54
Version: A6.1  (core 1.5 )
Cinema version: CINEMA 4D Studio R17.055 S

Is there a newer version for Mac?
Thank you. There is 6.2 version but it is not fixing any crash. I am preparing special testing build right now. I will send it to you to get more information about the crash problem.

2017-03-13, 23:10:59
Reply #9

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have installed the build you sent me Nikolat, but so far no crashes using C4D. BUT, when my Team Render client launches, I will get these errors pop up (see attachments). I can continue and it opens the Client. I haven't been using Team Render since it seems to render everything very dark with Corona. It also says "get dump"," but I don't know where to find that file.

--Alex

2017-03-28, 10:09:25
Reply #10

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have installed the build you sent me Nikolat, but so far no crashes using C4D. BUT, when my Team Render client launches, I will get these errors pop up (see attachments). I can continue and it opens the Client. I haven't been using Team Render since it seems to render everything very dark with Corona. It also says "get dump"," but I don't know where to find that file.

--Alex

Hi, thank you for the screenshots. These screenshots revealed other bug connected to Team Render but it is not connected to crashes. I would like to ask you whether new regular (not special testing) version A6.3 https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15419.0.html works for you?