Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

CoronaDistance improvement - Use shape in Raycast mode

(1/1)

lupaz:
Hi,

I was looking for a way to use a spline to generate a mask. The spline would be the boundary for the shape and it would be projected onto the object I need a mask for.

Currently with CoronaDistance you'd need to use a volume AFAK, which can be messy and you'd need to set it to not-renderable and show as box if you don't want to have an annoying volume.
It would be interesting if there was a mode in CoronaDistance that allows to use a spline in projection mode without having to actually extrude the shape.

3DS Max's ShapeMap is slow to render with Corona.

Here's a discussion on Stack:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/stackthis/permalink/2125242507822234/

Avi:
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We have logged it as a feature request in our system. We will let you know if there will be any update on this .

(Report ID=CMAX-848)

maru:
Meanwhile, the workarounds include either extruding the spline or using 3ds Max features such as the shape map or conforming geometry (which may or may not work...).

pokoy:

--- Quote from: maru on 2024-03-15, 13:04:49 ---Meanwhile, the workarounds include either extruding the spline or using 3ds Max features such as the shape map or conforming geometry (which may or may not work...).

--- End quote ---
Wait, last time I checked the built in Shape Map only worked with a few primitive shapes like rectangle and circle but would not accept arbitrary shapes - has this changed?
Also, it always produced jagged results, its borders/results were noisy and never clean enough for me to bother using it.

lupaz:
I tried with shapemap and works really well, no jagged edges or anything like that, but renders much slower than coronaDistance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version