Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Wrong caustic and rendertime

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cinemike:
Remember that the normals of the water surface determine WHERE above surface and WHERE sub surface are. You have a light under the plane with the transparent material. If the normals of the plane point towards this light, then renderwise seen, the water continues topwards and the light is not IN the water but just under it.

I hope this was not even more confusing ^^

Suppybird:

--- Quote from: Cinemike on 2021-08-03, 21:07:04 ---Remember that the normals of the water surface determine WHERE above surface and WHERE sub surface are. You have a light under the plane with the transparent material. If the normals of the plane point towards this light, then renderwise seen, the water continues topwards and the light is not IN the water but just under it.

I hope this was not even more confusing ^^

--- End quote ---

The problem is, in real life, caustic is alway created no matte your light sourse is from air or underwater.
Plus, as u can see, caustic from a cube water get wrong and take very long time to render compare to a plane water. So that means caustic currently works wrong with sphere light + volume water.

Suppybird:
Please help or at least tell me is that a bug or not for me to wait at peace

mmarcotic:
This will require further investigation to determine whether it is a bug or intended way of doing things.

Thanks,
Jan

burnin:
Simply put, scene is bad.
Attached are few 'good' results.
My advice - spend some time learning CGI basics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version