Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Teamrender fails on highres images

(1/1)

katzenwaffe:
When I try to render a 5000x5000px image on my 9900K and my 1950X as slave it keeps failing showing this message:

Frame synchronization failed: Communication error

Both PCs has 64 GB RAM. Both uses Windows 10, Cinema 4d R18 and Corona 4 Hotfix 3.
The image I try to render is a multipass-layered EXR. If I up the "Client update interval" under TeamRender settings to 60, the image renders until finished. It takes much longer though than rendering on one single machine. If I render without multipass it also works. But also slower than using only one machine.

Both PCs connected via ethernet. Using Cinema 4d Native renderer in multipass in same layer/passes config works like a charm. So it is totally Corona-related.

Some numbers during my tests:

5000x5000 multipass rendering

Multipass TeamRender: 1 hour and 18 minutes
Singlepass TeamRender: 32 minutes
Multipass only on 1950X-machine: 32 minutes

So right now, teamrender is basicly totally useless. Since it is slower than using only one machine.

I have a sample scene to upload in private if someone at support wanna have a look.

TomG:
Hi! This will likely be due to network congestion. First, try setting Configuration to "Arbitrated (Experimental)" if it is not already (under the Team Render tab of the Corona section of the Render Settings). If that alone doesn't resolve, increase the Client Update Interval and the Maximum Size of Packet, something like 30 seconds, and 128Mb for example, though you may need to experiment with this and increase them even more, particularly the packet size. The trick is not to send too many packets too quickly which will lead to network congestion, but also not to send packets that are too small (especially for larger resolutions, if the packet size is too small, TR may be slower than a single machine, as the main machine is only receiving a small amount of data at once).

katzenwaffe:
So, i did as you said Tom. Used experiment and also upped interval to 30 sec. Also tried lager chunks. The result is a few minuters more than If rendered on my single 1950X.

Conclusion:
Team Render is useful for animations, but not for stills?
Kind of sad. Since native render used team render for stills in a such Great way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version