Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Looking for a cause of Interactive Rendering slowdown (+Poll)

<< < (2/15) > >>

Designerman77:
Hey Ondra,

in C4D, iMac Pro 2018, OS High Sierra, I sometimes also experience Corona crashing after using IR.
Seems to happen in big scenes... not often... but two-three times it occured.

I´ll keep an eye on it... maybe there is a pattern in the cause.

Thanks for your constant optimization of Corona.

sprayer:
I am not notice IR slowdown only parsing time sometimes very long. I recently makes renders with particles with tyFlow, particles was not much ~100k(low poly spheres) and it start slowing parsing. I accidentally apply to particles light material and this was looks like freeze i don't wait more than 5m and start to investigate what it cause, but that's very much time for parsing only 100k spheres IMHO. Corona 4.1

romullus:
@sprayer, AFAIK when you assign lights to particles, then it brakes instancing of those lights. I think with 100K unique lights, you can expect very slow parsing.

sprayer:
Yes i was think about it, but without light material it is also add about ~5s for parsing scene what slowing response from IR

selene:

--- Quote from: Designerman77 on 2019-10-01, 10:39:36 ---Hey Ondra,

in C4D, iMac Pro 2018, OS High Sierra, I sometimes also experience Corona crashing after using IR.
Seems to happen in big scenes... not often... but two-three times it occured.

I´ll keep an eye on it... maybe there is a pattern in the cause.

Thanks for your constant optimization of Corona.

--- End quote ---

Hello Designerman77, thank you very much for your feedback. If you would discover some case where the crashes are repeatedly occuring, please let us know and we will try to reproduce and investigate the problem. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version