Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Faster Triplanar Setup?

(1/7) > >>

cjwidd:
At the moment, to apply triplanar shading to a Corona Material, I hook up triplanar maps to any incoming texture maps to the shader, then attach a bezier float controller to control the scale of the triplanar.

Setting this up for every material in which it is called for is very time consuming. Is there any faster way to do this?

mh:
+1 please! I love love triplanar but it's a pain in the butt to set up as cjwidd said.

romullus:
Just set up material with triplanars once and save it to material library as template. From this point, it's a matter of adding template material from library to editor and hooking up needed bitmaps. I don't think there's faster way than this, unless you'll write yourself a script, which does that with the click of a button.

sprayer:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2019-08-09, 09:43:46 ---Just set up material with triplanars once and save it to material library as template. From this point, it's a matter of adding template material from library to editor and hooking up needed bitmaps. I don't think there's faster way than this, unless you'll write yourself a script, which does that with the click of a button.

--- End quote ---
I think it's possible, as for example gradient map have inserted controllers nodes by default

cjwidd:
Maybe it's an over-the-top request, but you can imagine a Boolean switch on each map channel to enable / disable triplanar mapping rather than manually setting the triplanar nodes per channel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version